Things you wish you knew, or paid more attention to (Help for 1st time cruisers)

Trust me the beds are easily liftable. I could even do it.

Very true Todd. I was surprised at how much fit under the bed!

Stay out of Nassau!! To enjoy the most scenic view of the city, just go up on deck of the ship, that's the best it gets. In town....well if you've ever seen the bathroom from the original Saw movie, you get the idea.

Nassau is pretty bad, but people should see it once and decide for themselves.

Too funny! Deb had a whole school of fish fly by her shins. Then one much bigger fish chasing them. The fish were sucking on my toes. :eek:

Don't pretend you didn't like it George! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Funny and gross at the same time. Nice Stephan! :)

Too funny! Deb had a whole school of fish fly by her shins. Then one much bigger fish chasing them. The fish were sucking on my toes. :eek:

I have been known to talk to the fish through my snorkel. They usually swarm around my toes when I have Mickey heads painted on them :goodvibes

Take a change of clothes to Castaway Cay. Or at least everything you think you'll need for the day.

While the ship is RIGHT THERE, it was inconvenient to have to get back on the ship and then go back to the beach. It is a bit of a walk/tram ride to get back on. It's not horrible, just inconvenient.

Plan early for getting to Castaway Cay. We got off nice and early and not ten feet off the ship Em had to use the potty. It was a I've got to go NOW kind of thing, so back on the ship. There was a line to get back off.

Someone didn't read my packing list last time :lmao::lmao:

I read it, but since I don't pack it can't be my fault ;)

But the fish at the adult beach freak me out. They stare at you!

Sorry, that was me ;)

They were staring because you're pretty!! :hug:

Butt Kisser!
butt%20kiss.gif

OK, this is speaking as the husband of a fanatical DISer. I personally, did not post, and hardly ever read anything on the boards prior to right before PCC 1. I had listened to the podcasts up to when Bob passed away, but then lost alot of the interest I had in it, except for the occasional highlight that my wife would point out. Anyway, when I agreed to this cruise I knew noone that would be there. I can tell you that everyone, from the Podcast Crew to all of the fans and cruisers that I met were great, fun people. I know a first timers might be a little intimidated or hesitant, I was. I'm telling you here and now, don't be. These are a great bunch of people to go on a vacation with. I am looking forward to going cruising with all my friends again, and I know all of us are looking forward to meeting all you newbies, and making you a part of our big fam!!!

These are a great bunch of people to go on a vacation with. I am looking forward to going cruising with all my friends again, and I know all of us are looking forward to meeting all you newbies, and making you a part of our big fam!!!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone of my DIS Friends on the Cruise, and at any opportunity the presents itself before then, too.

Any advice for choosing a stateroom? There are so many categories... I've never cruised before so I don't know what I would be interested in. Do those that get a verandah really use it?

Any advice for choosing a stateroom? There are so many categories... I've never cruised before so I don't know what I would be interested in. Do those that get a verandah really use it?

PCC 1.0 was my first cruise. I opted to get a veranda. When my mother heard I was going on a cruise, she suggested it. She had wished she did for her cruise. It was nice. I did go out and get some fresh air and feel the wind on my face in the mornings, before dinner, and before bed. The price point meant me having a roommate, instead of solo in an inside room. I would probably choose to do it again, the same way.

On PCC 2.0, I am getting a Category 11, inside stateroom. I don't feel like I would use the veranda much. If I were cruising with only my travel party (and not a gi-normous group) it would depend upon the price.

On PCC 1.5...:confused3:confused3...it will depend upon the pricing. And my roommate's input.

The best thing to ask yourself is what do you want:

1. Cheapest available
2. Inside room
3. window
4. verandah
5. space, concierge service

Something that's very important for everyone considering this cruise is that if you want a certain category, a certain room, etc. (if you are picky in any way), booking as early as possible is very important. I'll be posting more on this in a separate thread, but for example, if you want to save money and get a lowest level verandah you gotta book now. If not, you may have to pay more to get a verandah. Not just with prices going up but because there won't be rooms available.

I totally agree with Tracy. We booked 2 rooms because we will be bringing the 3 monsters, I mean children. So getting connecting rooms was priority to us.

We have been mid and aft and aft is great for getting to the sodas and food easy, mid is a bit quieter with less movement (not that there was much to begin with).

Also, one tip. ALWAYS close your closet doors. It scares the begeezes out of you in the middle of the night when they slide closed themselves.

I totally agree with Tracy. We booked 2 rooms because we will be bringing the 3 monsters, I mean children. So getting connecting rooms was priority to us.

We have been mid and aft and aft is great for getting to the sodas and food easy, mid is a bit quieter with less movement (not that there was much to begin with).

Also, one tip. ALWAYS close your closet doors. It scares the begeezes out of you in the middle of the night when they slide closed themselves.

Also the lower you go the less movement, if that is a concern.

We were on our verandah every day. Either for a little quiet time (when we left port, sitting out there, looking at the water made me stop and think about really being on vacation), or to show other guests how cool it was.

We have been on six cruises and only had a verandah on one of them. Many of them we even had an inside room. we have decided we would rather spend the money elsewhere since we just don't spend that much time in the room.

Sunscreen. Sunscreen. Sunscreen. Sunscreeen. Sunscreen. Oh, and I don't want to forget to mention to reapply sunscreen. Have I mentioned sunscreen?

This was not an issue for me because I learned this valuable lesson on my first Disney cruise 6 years ago on Castaway Cay when I thought (silly me!) that only one application of sunscreen was needed and failed to reapply after spending hours in the beautiful, clear ocean waters. I couldn't wear **cough cough** undergarments for nearly a week after that burn. On Podcast cruise 1.0, DD15 failed to take her mother's advice to reapply and ended up with blisters which causing her to have to go to the doctor's when we got home. Save yourself the time, trouble, pain, and expense -- use lots of sunscreen and don't forget to reapply. :cool2:

DITTO! We even applied and reapplied 15 SPF and got burned! Next time I'll be bringing the Animal Kingdom sunscreen.

Sunscreen. Sunscreen. Sunscreen. Sunscreeen. Sunscreen. Oh, and I don't want to forget to mention to reapply sunscreen. Have I mentioned sunscreen?

This was not an issue for me because I learned this valuable lesson on my first Disney cruise 6 years ago on Castaway Cay when I thought (silly me!) that only one application of sunscreen was needed and failed to reapply after spending hours in the beautiful, clear ocean waters. I couldn't wear **cough cough** undergarments for nearly a week after that burn. On Podcast cruise 1.0, DD15 failed to take her mother's advice to reapply and ended up with blisters which causing her to have to go to the doctor's when we got home. Save yourself the time, trouble, pain, and expense -- use lots of sunscreen and don't forget to reapply. :cool2:

Let's do some math.....6 years ago...minus 9 months...how old is your youngest?:3dglasses <--safety goggles :goodvibes

We were first time cruisers!
We got a room mid ship with a verandah and yes we used it.
We loved having the verandah! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter