Things you wish you knew, or paid more attention to (Help for 1st time cruisers)

jeanigor

DIS Veteran
As was suggested in another thread by Tracey and Mary...so I thought I would go ahead and start a seperate thread.

If you sailed on DCL before, what is something you wish you knew prior to your first sailing?

~and~

What is the piece of advice/knowledge that you would pass on to a newbie cruiser?

On the pirate themed night, Deb and I decided we would relax and passed on the dinner. I wish we didn't. The menu was right up my alley.

The pirate buffet after the fireworks was pretty disappointing (lousy) if you ask me. If you like nothing but desserts and didn't skip the dinner, you'll be fine.

On the pirate themed night, Deb and I decided we would relax and passed on the dinner. I wish we didn't. The menu was right up my alley.

The pirate buffet after the fireworks was pretty disappointing (lousy) if you ask me. If you like nothing but desserts and didn't skip the dinner, you'll be fine.

Pirate night was fun in the dining room - lots of folks in some pretty impressive costumes. Todd's being especially good.

Castaway Cay is probably better than you think. Plan to make the most of your day on the island. Get off the ship early and enjoy everything it has to offer.

Castaway Cay is probably better than you think. Plan to make the most of your day on the island. Get off the ship early and enjoy everything it has to offer.

Ditto!

Also, don't worry if you over pack. You can fit quite a few bags under the bed. There is lots of storage space. :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

Also, don't worry if you over pack. You can fit quite a few bags under the bed. There is lots of storage space. :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

Gee - I've never heard of people overpacking for a cruise. :rolleyes1

I agree about CC. Great place to do stuff or just lay on the beach and do nothing. The water is wonderful.

awesome thread! I won't take up much space here...but I can't wait to read all of these hints... popcorn::

Bring an extension cord and/or power strip. I need a fan and there are no outlets near the bed.

Be sure to bring a change of clothes and/or bathing suit in your carry-on. If you get on the boat early enough you may just want a dip in the pool.

Stay out of Nassau!! To enjoy the most scenic view of the city, just go up on deck of the ship, that's the best it gets. In town....well if you've ever seen the bathroom from the original Saw movie, you get the idea.

If you love snorkeling but don't want to do the snorkel trail at Castaway Cay, take your snorkel gear over to the adult beach. There's lots of stuff to see there. First place I ever saw purple coral!!

But the fish at the adult beach freak me out. They stare at you!

And the fish at the family beach don't?

I've seen a lot of different things at the adult beach. On 1.0 we saw a little octopus!! Never saw one of those before.

Stay out of Nassau!! To enjoy the most scenic view of the city, just go up on deck of the ship, that's the best it gets. In town....well if you've ever seen the bathroom from the original Saw movie, you get the idea.

Funny and gross at the same time. Nice Stephan! :)

Too funny! Deb had a whole school of fish fly by her shins. Then one much bigger fish chasing them. The fish were sucking on my toes. :eek:

And the fish at the family beach don't?

I've seen a lot of different things at the adult beach. On 1.0 we saw a little octopus!! Never saw one of those before.

Too funny! Deb had a whole school of fish fly by her shins. Then one much bigger fish chasing them. The fish were sucking on my toes. :eek:

OKAY - add to trip tip list - "Stay out of water on Castaway Cay" :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter