Things not going well with the DDP changes

Unfortunately, although some of the information on line (here as well as the official Disney site) does indicate that appetizers are included, the plan changed for 2008 and even Delux includes only entree and dessert. I was very concerned about this and had a long phone call with Disney today and the result was there was "nothing" that could be done. Hence, my question: can I purchase an appetizer on top of the Delux Dining Plan entree and dessert if I want to.

Unfortunately, although some of the information on line (here as well as the official Disney site) does indicate that appetizers are included, the plan changed for 2008 and even Delux includes only entree and dessert. I was very concerned about this and had a long phone call with Disney today and the result was there was "nothing" that could be done. Hence, my question: can I purchase an appetizer on top of the Delux Dining Plan entree and dessert if I want to.

I'm not sure what information you are reading and what you are being told about the Deluxe plan. Not only does Disney's own site say the appetizer is included with the Deluxe plan, but we have dined with it already this year and it most certainly IS included. All the places we dined were even very careful to say it IS included. Wherever you got your information, it is wrong (good news for you).

Anyhow, if you have the Deluxe plan, you will get appetizer, entree, desert, and a non-alcoholic beverage. Anything beyond that, is OOP.

Here's a link for the Deluxe Plan:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/08DeluxeDining.pdf
Appetizers ARE included for the deluxe plan 2008. Look on page 2 under table service.

There are two disney dining plans. One is the regular plan that includes: 1 counter service meal, 1 table service meal and 1 snack..per day. The table service meal includes: entree, dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage. The deluxe dining plan includes: a refillable resort mug, 3 table service meals, ( appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage and 2 snacks....per day.

Yeah that is what I thought, actually when we upgraded to the deluxe dining I was specificlly told that appys were included with the deluxe plan. There seems to be alot of confusion going on with this plan. But, if they did take out the appy for the deluxe plan I guess I would have to cancel our deluxe plans.

Yeah that is what I thought, actually when we upgraded to the deluxe dining I was specificlly told that appys were included with the deluxe plan. There seems to be alot of confusion going on with this plan. But, if they did take out the appy for the deluxe plan I guess I would have to cancel our deluxe plans.

At least at this time.. the 2008 deluxe plan DOES include the appetizer so unless they change something before 2009, there is nothing to worry about.

You can order anything you want and pay OOP (out of pocket)....regardless if you are on a dining plan or not.

I'm booking my trip and see these choices on the Internet:

1. Port Orleans $150.00 per night room only with coupon code TUY.
2. Port Orleans $200.00 per night package with dining, appetizer, tips included.

I choose #2.

I get off the Magical Express bus and check in and the clerk hands me the brochure that says appetizers and gratuities extra.

Will the check in clerk upon my request rewrite my ressie according to #1, no meals, room rate of $150.00 per night?

What would Guest Relations do if the matter got referred there? I heard of a guest re-satisfaction process under the acronym GRS. Would anything there apply?

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

The Deluxe Dining Plan DOES include the appetizer. You get:
Three meal credits per person per night of your stay, to be used in any combination you choose; if you choose to exchange your credits for table service lunch/es and dinner/s, you are entitled to an appetizer per person.
Two snack credits per person per night of your stay, to be used on designated single-serving snacks
One refillable mug per person per package.

Where the confusion might be is, the Wine Package can be added to either the Basic or Deluxe Dining Plans. NEITHER plan INCLUDES the wine option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter