They Even Reduced The Food Amount.. Yup

Well I agree that the prices at Disney are high but if the cost of said chicken fingers goes up 25% the choice is to A) increase the cost by at least 25% or B)give 25% and leave the price the same. Looks like Disney choose option B. I am not saying that this is what has happened but the costs have risen, do you honestly expect Disney to absorb the costs? I don't.

I myself was actual pleasently surprised upon ordering a cheeseburger w/o the meat to have them charge less then the post price for a cheeseburger. I expect and was will to pay full price, even though I was not getting the meat.

I have to break it to all of you but its not just the chicken fingers that are getting "smaller". I had posted on the restaurant board when we returned in January on how WDW dinning was skimping. Here were my examples.

1. V&A had 3 cheese tastes in 2001. This year only one and it was noticed BIG TIME by my DM. Something about one of the cheeses reminding her of her youth in the Swiss Alps.......

2. Bomas. Selection was about 80% of what it had been last year and no more sovineer cups for the kids. We missed the cups. They somehow made me feel more rationale when my 5yo DD eates 4 bites of M&C for 9.00$..'"Oh well, at least she gets a cup." Now it hard to gloss over the fact I just spent 9.00 on 25cents worth of M&C.

3. Princess Breakfast. Did we really spend 75$ for scrambled eggs for breakfast? Yes the characters were great and the food good but nothing special.
4. Narosse's. We had a wonderful fillet with Au Gratin potatos bit that was it. No salad, no veggie. Somehow for 30.00 an entree I don't think I need to pay an extra 4$ for some green beans.

I

"demand for that extra chicken finger "

You see - this is the way a cut is flipped to become a "benefit".

People see through that ploy very easily.

Scoop.

When you remove a 12 bricks over a year and give me back 3 plus some pebbles, I'm not going to congratulate you.

Chris Rock had a funny statement in one of his stand up routines. I'll leave the racist parts out, but the jist was

"So what you didn't go to jail. You're not supposed to. What do you want, a cookie?"

Disney is supposed to be providing experinces such as the opening cerimony. Bravo to them for adding it. But I'll tell you this, it doesn't make up for what has been removed. Period. It's nice that they're making permanant security structures. I don't go to Orlando to have my bag searched in a nicer tent. That's why I don't personally laud praise on WDW for such minor "expansions".

Maybe if they announced something other than the latest cutbacks, I'd have something to cheer about.

There will always be a better "could have got". As I've discussed with some friends, we got Epcot Center but we could have got Walt's E.P.C.O.T.

WRONG. We're not griping about what could have been. An analogy to this arguement is this.

Suppose one day they ripped out Splash Mountan and replaced it with a run of the mill flume ride from Six Flags.

That's our gripe. They took something AWAY from us and gave us something substandard.

HB2K what broke your camel about your second trip to DAK if ya dont mind sharing.
Not at all. On my first trip to DAK, before I was "smart" to the process, I remember standing on the bridge looking at the tree of life with my father. It was around 2PM and we just finished everything in the park and were on our way out. He asked me what I thought of DAK...and I remember struggling with an answer. I wanted to LOVE DAK because it was the latest & greatest from my favorite vacation place...but I couldn't. The attractions were top notch, but it just seemed like there wasn't enough to do, almost like I missed a land or something....and he said to me:

"Yeah, this is just the start. I'd bet they've got BIG plans for this place."

Here we are 4 years later, and it's still the same as it was that day.

That conversation with my father is the first time I can remember having a sour taste in my mouth when it came to a Disney product. Over time, other things have just kept piling on to the point that my last trip in December will be my last for a LONG time....cutbacks, rude CMs, and just a feeling that WDW isn't a good value for my $$$. That's what broke my back. The DAK was the first straw that made me start to feel the weight.

We know WDW is expensive so we've ALWAYS been selective about our meals .... Never been to Bomas, O'Hana's, CP, Cindy's, Chef Mickey's, Flying Fish, etc. ... I also don't think I'm missing out on anything either because I don't go to WDW for the food! (It's better at Cedar Point!!)

We go for the SUN (oh yea!), atmosphere, pool, etc. There is always something to do, both in and out of the parks -- we just feel comfortable there and can truly have a relaxing vacation with our kids.

Is it worth it? For us, the answer is a definite YES!!!!!

Reducing the number of chicken fingers from 4 to 3 is just simply rediculous! Why do you think I go to WDW in the first place? Let me tell you, my money isn't going to Disney, it's going to Chik-Fil-A. I am here-by boycotting Disney World for three months. That's right, for these next three months, they will get none of my money. I'll show 'em. It's a good thing, we here on these boards are united, in one voice, and declare our outrage to WDW for cutbacks here and cutbacks there. Well, we'll show 'em, no more than 4 trips a year from us DIS'ers. We're not going to take it any more!

But WDW is listening in many cases. Adventureland wasn't delayed opening. Early Entry was returned. The water transport at Port Orleans was returned. Heck, Port Orleans itself was reopened.

Scoop,

That's great for people such as us who care about WDW. How about the people such as DisorBust? Why nickle & dime your loyal customers to the point that they feel cheated? What happens when instead of complaining to enact change, they just go away to a place where they don't feel so "cheated".

What about the people who are taking their first trip to WDW and come away feeling cheated? Do you think they're going to call and complain so that the company can make ammends or are the majority of them going to just go away.

Please tell me how making your customers fight to keep what they like is a good business decision.

Exit polls showed that people only consumed 3 out of 4 chicken fingers ;). See, Disney is giving you what you want :jester:.

be careful..... this is one of those dangerous 'WDW Poultry' threads..... some of us have very long memories.

this thread has turned into one of the more funnier ones, forget annual passholders savings or mission space, forbidden mountian, logistics of WDW we're talking chicken fingers baby chicken fingers.............I LOVE CHICKEN FINGERS AND WANT MY OTHER ONE BACK and if they do give it back it can't be applauded as they did something positive all their doing is giving it back not building a new country pavilion or something darn it.

d.c.f.l.u.

disney chicken finger lovers united!!!!!

watch out im going 20000 leagues on your @$$'$$

they closed 20000
" " Timekeeper
" " C.O.P

= 3 closed attractions in the MK and with less time to enjoy them.

and now a chicken finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well they did give us that open ceremony all is forgiven.

HB2K -

I believe the AK was a great example of the tide shifting at WDW. You were presented with a 4-park option for your increased ticket price but when you went to the newest park it seemed to provide less. It was reasonable at the time to assume there were expansion plans in the works but here we are with nothing more than when we started.

I won't argue about the size of food. It can't really be about that chicken finger. I hold back on crying fowl if you will.

"I want my chicken finger" there is a marketing orc screaming "Look, Minnie Mouse is on the train!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i just got back from shoveling snow and while i was shoveling was wondering if AV you think that Ei$ner is Sauron and some of the board members are like the Urak hi** and then everyone else are orcs with a couple of cave trolls thrown in?

do people really feel like this is the only place that does this kind of cut back?

Sure sure I hear all the "just another straw" thing, but it ain't a ride. All the food in Disney is overpriced, it shows up in the simplist of items, who pays 2 bucks for a bottle of water any place in the US except Disney. It is outrageous, the food prices are terrible. But guess what it is DISNEY you don't go to Disney because it is a bargain, because it is a cheap family vacation.

Why do so many people save and save for that once in a life time trip to Disney? You people who have the bucks to practically live there sound a little "entitled" if you ask me. If you go there 6 times a year and get six less chicken fingers then good God spring that extra 8 bucks or 10 or even *gasp* 12 and buy your extra six chicken fingers. You obviously can afford it.

I know that isn't your point, your point is they are cutting. Well I would rather they remove a chicken finger than raise the price. I would rather they cheap out on the fries than close an extra hour early, or rehab a ride a bit longer than necessary so they don't have to staff it. I don't go to Disney because the meals are so good and so reasonable. I expect that they will gouge me on meals, when have you ever been to an entertainment venue and walked away saying gosh that was a really cheap dinner? People will gripe about paying 4 bucks to park at an event and then go inside and drink 3 glasses of beer at 4.50 a shot. I don't get it, perhaps that is the problem, I don't get it.

:confused:

i just got back from shoveling snow and while i was shoveling was wondering if AV you think that Ei$ner is Sauron and some of the board members are like the Urak hi** and then everyone else are orcs with a couple of cave trolls thrown in?_________________________________________________

Okay maybe Saruman? Mislead by the eye, aka money.

I was wondering if I was a Frodo, or perhaps a Sam, but really when it comes down to it, I guess I am a Merry or Pippin, blissfully unaware.

I know that isn't your point, your point is they are cutting. Well I would rather they remove a chicken finger than raise the price

eventually they'll raise the price and still not give me my finger!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be Gimli.

I dont feel entilted to it its just that when you pay for something and are used to getting a certain amount then they cut that amount down, i cant complain? and agree with fellow other complainers!!

but they add more characters and the world has to stop cause their creative genius' that doesnt make sense either.

Originally posted by mickeyminnie
do people really feel like this is the only place that does this kind of cut back?

Sure sure I hear all the "just another straw" thing, but it ain't a ride. All the food in Disney is overpriced, it shows up in the simplist of items, who pays 2 bucks for a bottle of water any place in the US except Disney. It is outrageous, the food prices are terrible. But guess what it is DISNEY you don't go to Disney because it is a bargain, because it is a cheap family vacation.

Why do so many people save and save for that once in a life time trip to Disney? You people who have the bucks to practically live there sound a little "entitled" if you ask me. If you go there 6 times a year and get six less chicken fingers then good God spring that extra 8 bucks or 10 or even *gasp* 12 and buy your extra six chicken fingers. You obviously can afford it.

I know that isn't your point, your point is they are cutting. Well I would rather they remove a chicken finger than raise the price. I would rather they cheap out on the fries than close an extra hour early, or rehab a ride a bit longer than necessary so they don't have to staff it. I don't go to Disney because the meals are so good and so reasonable. I expect that they will gouge me on meals, when have you ever been to an entertainment venue and walked away saying gosh that was a really cheap dinner? People will gripe about paying 4 bucks to park at an event and then go inside and drink 3 glasses of beer at 4.50 a shot. I don't get it, perhaps that is the problem, I don't get it.

:confused:

well said, mickeyminnie

The point is WDW has been whittling away the magic and value of a WDW family vacation. We have only so much time and money for a vacation and there are many places to vacation. Yes I am a repeat visitor but to a point. Does one chicken finger make a difference, YES! We split an adult meal between to kids,lol! with the industry "hurting" WDW has done little to improve their value. Room rates are higher then last year, hours are still less etc.. Others, USF, have discounted rooms (ie 4th night free), Improved ticket prices (ie 5 day ticket for a 2 day price) etc... Yes they have brought EE back but COP is still closed. Mikey's Phil and MS were to be open by April and thats not happening either.

For us it was all summed up when we "saw Walts Dream at MGM. When Eisner is quoting Walt..."Walt Disney once said there's a great big beautiful tomorrow"........and now its closed for the 100 years of magic. Didn't anyone up the food chain see how ironic that is.

The point is WDW has been whittling away the magic and value of a WDW family vacation. We have only so much time and money for a vacation and there are many places to vacation. Yes I am a repeat visitor but to a point. Does one chicken finger make a difference, YES! We split an adult meal between to kids,lol! with the industry "hurting" WDW has done little to improve their value. Room rates are higher then last year, hours are still less etc.. Others, USF, have discounted rooms (ie 4th night free), Improved ticket prices (ie 5 day ticket for a 2 day price) etc... Yes they have brought EE back but COP is still closed. Mikey's Phil and MS were to be open by April and thats not happening either.
For us it was all summed up when we "saw Walts Dream at MGM. When Eisner is quoting Walt..."Walt Disney once said there's a great big beautiful tomorrow"........and now its closed for the 100 years of magic. Didn't anyone up the food chain see how ironic that is.

well said, DisOrBust:tongue:

It's ok though cause ive heard Disney is a business :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter