"There's a phone call for you. It's MICKEY." American Idols and Anniversaries! DONE!

Hahaha - I'm so sorry! School is absolutely insane! I'll work on an update this weekend, and try to have it up in the next week. There are only two more days to go, and I already wrote up an outline, planning on getting this done.

Hahaha - I'm so sorry! School is absolutely insane! I'll work on an update this weekend, and try to have it up in the next week. There are only two more days to go, and I already wrote up an outline, planning on getting this done.

Dang school and real life getting in the way! :scared: ;) Don't stress yourself out - just glad all is well - that you're just busy!

I'm sorry! Life got in the way. But I'm back now, and I have an update! :) It just took a really long time - hopefully it's worth it.

Why, hello there! It’s been a while, hasn’t it?

What’s happened since we last talked:
- I was pending for the College Program- well, I didn’t get in, because there was no room.
- Applications opened up for this Fall, so I applied again. People are already hearing back, so I’ll hear, either way, probably in the next week or so.
- Lou got another PIN code, so we booked a 6-day trip for May, for our actual 3-year anniversary. We’ll be eating at Yak & Yeti for our anniversary… not my idea of romantic, but hey. :rotfl:

So let’s begin again, shall we?

Monday, the 31st – Epcot!
And our “anniversary”! It was 2 years and 3 months today, but this was our belated anniversary present, so we donned our little red anniversary pins and headed to Epcot bright and early.

So early, in fact, that we were some of the first people in line. And guess what? When they came around to pick the Family of the Day, they picked….. the people right next to us! (Seeing their reaction was great, they were so surprised!)

When they let us in the park, Lou and I made it right up to the rope, so we could head to Test Track like we did the first day. And lo and behold, did you know they pick two families of the day? Yep! They do. And it was… the family next to us again! We must have been a lucky charm or something, it was hilarious.

When the characters came out to say good morning to everyone, I was taking photos, and when I was taking one of Minnie, she must have seen our pins, because she came over and gave us a hug. I was not prepared for that, so this is the picture I have:

100_1748.jpg

Wayyyy too close! Haha. But all the characters saw our pins and were shaking our hands or doing some sort of happy miming motion, so that was really neat! Pluto gave us a high five or waved, I can’t quite tell from the photo I have of him.

When the rope dropped, we headed straight for Test Track. We were so speedy (even though we were walking) that we got to be in the 3rd car. For some reason, the ride kept stopping, and that was really sad, because it wasn’t as good as it usually is. But when we got back to the enter/exit line, there was no line! It was weird. And so they asked if we wanted to go again. We were like “REALLY!?!?!? YES!”

So we got to ride again, and this ride was way better. I even got a picture of the crash-test dummy with the Goofy hat!
100_1767.jpg

After that, we headed over to Mission Space, and performed excellently.

Then, we went to the Seas, but I don’t know what we did in here, if we just went in to look around, or if we did any attractions. At some point, we did Ellen’s Energy Adventure, which was way better than I expected – I was amazed at how many people it seats- that was crazy!

After the Seas (and possibly Ellen) we headed over to the Land, to go on Soarin’. It seems like we had gotten Fastpasses before going to the Seas & Ellen. Soarin’ was awesome like always – I love that ride. And I am now set in trying out Sunshine Seasons for lunch on a future trip, because it smells awesome!

At this point, we decided to head over to the World Showcase, because we were getting hungry, and we still had a lot of countries to go through. While we were in Future World, we had gotten a Kim Possible “Fastpass,” so we could do the World Showcase Adventure. It was really fun, and I definitely recommend it. Lou didn’t think he’d like it, but he actually did, and we did a few countries.

However, I’m getting ahead of myself. We started on the Mexico side of the World Showcase, and got lunch at La Cantina.

100_1807.jpg

Yum, churros!

After Mexico, we went to Norway, where we explored the Stave Church, and walked around. You know how they have that Viking exhibit in the church? Well, the figures are behind glass, and it’s really clear glass, and I almost didn’t notice it, but did at the last second. So while I’m looking at one of the displays, this woman comes over, and leans over to get a closer look, and SMACK, right into the glass! :rotfl:

I was trying so hard not to laugh, so I asked her if she was okay, and then moseyed out of there. Outside, I started laughing, and then the door to the church started opening. I expected it to be Lou, wondering where I went, but it wasn’t, it was that woman. So I quickly stopped laughing and turned, and started taking photos.

100_1819.jpg

See, isn’t this an awesome stove thing? Oh man, I felt so bad, but I couldn’t help it. After I went back in and told Lou, we left, and decided to go to the Kringla Bakery, to get some of this School Bread I heard everyone talking about. Yum, it wasn’t bad, for something with coconut on it! We then went and explored the Puffin’s Roost store, and tried on some hats. Do we make good blondes? :lmao:

100_1820.jpg

100_1821.jpg

While there, they had these section that was all beauty products. We found this really nice cologne, “Geir,” that I liked wayyy better than Lou’s current cologne. So I said I’d get this for him as an early Christmas present if he would toss his old one, which he agreed to. Best 55$ I’ve ever spent. Haha. I even got a free sample of the Laila women’s perfume, which is really nice too!

So now he smells like Norway when he dresses up for work or fancy occasions. :rotfl:

We moved on to China, where we did our Kim Possible Mission #2 (having solved #1 in Norway). After wandering around, we went into the Golden Temple and tried that echo thing in the middle of the room – it worked! That was pretty cool.

100_1831.jpg

After China, we had a mission in Germany, so we headed there. Even though we had dinner at Germany a few nights before, we didn’t get to look around, so we wandered while doing our mission. I had a near-death experience when I sat down for a break, but don’t worry, I’m okay! :lmao:

100_1839.jpg

That will teach me to sit on the edge of a well!

After Germany came Italy, where we explored a bit more, since we had to rush the other nights to make dinner reservations. Lou bought his brother a shirt here, and showed me how to speak Italian:

100_1861.jpg

(Don’t worry, he is Italian, so I’m not making an insensitive comment! :lmao: )

We browsed through America, but didn’t find too much that was fun – we didn’t get to see the show, I forget why. It may have been that we wanted to make the candy show in Japan. While walking through America though, this Cast Member gave us some Mickey stickers to stick on near our pins – they were cute.

Speaking of Japan, this is where we headed next. Even though we had already been here, we wanted to explore some more, and I wanted to get some candy! We did the Kim Possible mission, and decided to stop here, so we deposited the Kimmunicator in its little drop-box, and went shopping! I got some socks with the toes (they’re very cute), and a lot of candy that we ate later that night, while packing. I also got a Pick-A-Pearl slip, to do after the candy show.

After shopping, I headed out to where Lou was holding a spot for us to watch the candy show. The show was great, and since I had a whole bunch of pictures from the first ones, I didn’t have my camera out this time. For her last candy animal, she pointed in our direction and said “What would you like?” This guy next to me (who was probably about our age, maybe a little younger) yelled “A Dragon!” And she was like “No, not you, the girl next to you.” And that was me! So I was like “Oh! Uhm! A…white tiger, please.” And she was like “Huh? An all white tiger?”

“Oh, no. Sorry. A white tiger with black stripes.” And so that’s what she made me! And I still have it! Although a few of its toes broke off on the way home, it’s still really cool!

100_1892.jpg

It almost time for dinner, but first I got another pearl, and had it set in a necklace to match my earrings. After that, it was time to head to dinner with our favorite chef, Remy!

We didn’t have too long of a wait to get into Chefs De France, and our waiter, Kevin, was very nice. I made the mistake of answering his question in French, and when he started actually speaking to me, I was like “Woah, no, sorry.. that was about all I could say.” I should brush up on it for next time.. haha.

For dinner, Lou got the duck, and I got the beef. It was all really good, but my only complaint was that I could taste the grill lines, which made a really good, tender piece of steak not as good as it could be.

Lou’s:
100_1898.jpg

Mine:
100_1899.jpg

For dessert, he got the Chocolate Cake, and I got a Crème Brulee.

100_1909.jpg

100_1910.jpg

Between dinner and dessert, however, guess who came to visit?

That’s right! Remy!

100_1907.jpg

He was SUPER cute, and when “told” it was our anniversary, he did a little dance and went “Ta-daahhh!”

It was quite adorable.

After dinner, we were stuffed, but knew we had a couple snack coupons remaining – and decided to get that delicious chocolate mousse from France for the last time in a while. Yum yum yum.

We decided that it was time to head back to the resort, because we had to start packing, and we also wanted to go to Downtown Disney to pick up my Beast photo.

While walking back to Future World, we were headed through Canada when Lou willingly offered to take this photo:
100_1912.jpg

I think it turned out really cute! I was surprised he offered, Disney really is magical! It was our last full day, and it was almost over, which was pretty sad. But this was still a beautiful sight as we were leaving:

100_1915.jpg

While walking out, we walked past the Art of Disney store, and I decided to stop in and look at what they had. Lou waited outside while I got my parents a David Doss print called “Summer Magic,” which has buckets with the four Disney parks and the Cruise Line on them, sitting on the beach. It also has Hidden Mickeys.

I figured that would be a good anniversary present for them (they liked it a lot! It’s in our living room right now), since we’re going to Disney for their 25th anniversary in August.

When I was paying for it, the Cast Members at the desk asked me if I had been wished a Happy Anniversary by Mickey and Minnie yet today. I said that Minnie had hugged us, is that what they meant? Nope – they picked up the phone and called a number, and handed me the phone. Mickey and Minnie were on the line, and they sang this cute little song about having a great anniversary. It was really cute, and I asked if I brought Lou in, if they would play it again? They said yes, so I ran outside to where Lou was waiting, and said there’s someone on the phone for him. He was like “Huh?” I was like “There’s someone on the phone for you! Come on!” So he came in, and listened, and he thought it was really cool too! He was very puzzled at first, since he thought it was his family calling, and he couldn’t figure out how they knew where we were… hahaha.

After he hung up, the Cast Members gave us a Magical Moments certificate, which was really cool! I saved it, and will be scrapping it!

And that is where the title of this trip report comes from!

So we left Epcot, and headed home, for Saratoga Springs. Lou and I decided that I would go to Downtown Disney alone, to get my Beast photo, and he would go to the main building, to pick up anything we sent back to the room, so we could save time.

Of course, on the bus ride home, it started POURING. And I was like “Oh man, I don’t want to wait for the Downtown Disney bus in THIS!” I had my poncho, but I didn’t have it on yet. We were the only people on the bus, and the bus driver heard, and said “Oh, wait, there’s the Downtown Disney bus there!” So we followed it, and I jumped off at the next stop (since there are about 5 stops in Saratoga Springs), and tried to catch it. But even though the driver saw me, she still pulled away from the curb and drove off. She had JUST started closing the doors when I ran off my bus, so her later excuse of that she can’t stop after pulling away from the curb was a lie – she hadn’t moved yet.

So it was pouring rain, and I hopped back on my original bus soaking wet and disappointed… but our really nice bus driver was like “Wow, what a jerk! We’ll get her.” At the next stop, he pulled up so she couldn’t pull away this time, essentially blocking her in at the curb. I was prepared this time, with a poncho, and when I got on, she didn’t even say sorry, she just gave me that excuse about pulling away. I was like “Uh huh.” and sat down. All the people on the bus were like “We told her to wait, but she wouldn’t – we’re so sorry!” It was okay at that point though, I just wanted to get my picture and go back to the room.

I ran off the bus to grab the photo, thanked the artist, who was still there, because she had drawn a pretty purple border on it, and decided that I wanted to try to get something for Lou – there was a book he wanted, and we had only seen in one place – I went all over Downtown Disney looking for it, in the rain, but had no luck. Finally, someone at World of Disney gave me a number to call, and I ran back to catch the bus.

I made it, and called while on the bus. Turns out this book was only available in that one store at Hollywood Studios, and so I thanked them, and said if I couldn’t make it there tomorrow, I would call and order it to be shipped to my house.

While on the bus, there was this group of kids with a few parents who got on at the West Side/Pleasure Island (?) stop – whatever stop isn’t the Marketplace. They were SOOOOO loud! After they got off at the first stop at Saratoga, everyone breathed a sign of relief and started talking about them – they weren’t just excited-kid loud – they were shouting so loud that no one else could hear themselves talk. And then the parents, to no avail, were shouting over them to tell them to shut up.

But at least I had my picture!

After getting back to the room, soaking wet, eardrums blown out, and tired, Lou was there with a present for me! Baby Zero was mineeee!!!!! He still is on my bed every night, with my other Disney stuffed animals Lou has gotten me.

Now it was time to pack. As the night wore on, Lou got grumpy, and stopped packing, while I was doing load after load of laundry (after removing a previous guest’s underwear from the washer with the kitchen tongs – gross!) Around 1 am, we were all done, and collapsed after taking photos of the room. He finally apologized for being grumpy – I think we were both really tired of packing (I was trying to fit 5 bags worth of stuff into 4, and had to figure out what I wanted to throw out and what I wanted to keep), and we didn’t want to go home. But we had to… but we still have one more day left!

And so ended our last full day…. It was really fun, and a great almost-ending to our trip.

Wonderful update. And how exciting that you are going back in May!!!!! I am jealous of course!
What a jerk of a bus driver! At least the other one was cool! :)
I hope school is going well for you. And I hope you make it into the fall program.

Great update!!! So many nice things - short of the crabby bus driver and loud kids! Sounds like you really got a lot done at Epcot that day - very nice!

We really did!

Thank you for kicking my butt to get this done - I kept wanting to work on it, but was too lazy to pull all my notes, receipts, and pictures together to figure out the day.

Wow! What an update! You got so much done, you two are shopping fiends!

I sometimes think I want to have a meal with Remy but then I change my mind....

I liked it! All except the burnt steak. Ick.

I don't know if it's worth it if you just want to go for Remy though... you'd have to want to eat there to justify it... Lou said his duck was great though.

I liked it! All except the burnt steak. Ick.

I don't know if it's worth it if you just want to go for Remy though... you'd have to want to eat there to justify it... Lou said his duck was great though.

Actually it's Remy that's holding me back. He's cute and all but it kinda creeps me out just a teensy bit. The food sounds great and I'm almost convinced but.... I don't know.

:rotfl: I seeeee. Well, he stops meeting at 6, so if you had a later dinner, would that work? And I feel like he may not meet on certain days of the week (Sundays?)

Did I mention before how Lou thought that when they brought you your food, Remy was sitting in it? I had to explain to him that no, it was a platter with fake food that they wheeled around... they wouldn't stick a robot in a real dish of food. :lmao:

Good to see you back! I hope everything is going okay - life here is pretty normal.

Nothing from the College Program yet - people are hearing back, but I have yet to get anything. My four week mark is Friday, and they said it could take 4-6 weeks to hear back. Some people have heard back early though.

In other news, it is 100 days until our May Trip today! I was considering starting a pre-trip report, just like I did for this one on 100 days, but I realized that that's way too much time to fill, so I think I'll start it when we're closer.

Good to see you back! I hope everything is going okay - life here is pretty normal.

Nothing from the College Program yet - people are hearing back, but I have yet to get anything. My four week mark is Friday, and they said it could take 4-6 weeks to hear back. Some people have heard back early though.

In other news, it is 100 days until our May Trip today! I was considering starting a pre-trip report, just like I did for this one on 100 days, but I realized that that's way too much time to fill, so I think I'll start it when we're closer.

AWESOME! Your going back in May! Then August lucky You! :):thumbsup2

So I have great news! I'm going to Disney World!!!!

....to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, I got into the College Program! Finallyyyyyyyyyyy!

As of right now, I have the Attractions role, which means I could be working any of the shows or rides in the parks. I get to find out what park and then what ride(s) when I get down there.

I'll post more later, after I actually accept, but right now, I just know that I have achieved what I've always wanted to do!

Danica!!! I'm so thrilled for you--congratulations! We want ALL the details (when you come down off :cloud9:). Can't wait to visit you in the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter