There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
pages 243-246

Thanks for all the great reviews of your trips, we love hearing the good, the bag and the ugly. But mostly the good!

;)

Speaking of reviews and reports- if you haven't joined my trip report yet, there's still plenty of time!

What Happens at the Beach Club, Aug 2014 by natebenma

I have chronicled my travels and personal welcome to Orlando, the evening of my arrival, a comprehensive photo spread of our BC room, meal at Kouzzina, fireworks from the BW bridge and a very unique late-night meet up.

:goodvibes:

Hey there BC/YC friends!!!

Back from our amazing BC vacation and checking in. Actually back on the 27th but so depressed that the trip was over that I am just now up to getting on the DIS and checking in!

We had an amazing trip. We always have an angel :littleangel: looking out for us each trip as we were once again upgraded to Club Level and even more, a Deluxe CL Room (3557)!! Was so wonderful to see Hyacinth and Vilma, my incredible CL friends and spend some time with them. The lounge in the Newport Suite was great. It was the second time we have been there where they have used the Suite as the lounge and I thought everything was as great as it always is. I peeked behind the walls of the lounge construction zone and it looks like the lounge is going to be huge compared to what it was previously! So excited to see how it turns out!

Was our first time with Magic Bands and FP+ and we absolutely loved both! Couldn't of been smoother for us and we didn't have a single issue. The resort looked as wonderful as ever and every single person we encountered, CM's and guests, were phenomenal. I can't say enough wonderful things about this trip!

To top it all off, my DW and I were at our yearly Disney Date at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and our amazing server Tom, told us that he wanted to make our night special (we were joking with him about our kids coming up to the window to visit while we ate, which he witnessed first hand) and asked us if we would want to take a private fireworks cruise over to Epcot to watch Illuminations. Such an amazing bit of pixie dust and what a sweet gesture. Unfortunately at that point it was 8:35 and the Rec folks who run the cruise came to the table and told us we had to be at the boat in 5 minutes to get out to the World Showcase Lagoon on time. We were still halfway through our dinner so we couldn't rush out to take the cruise and had to decline but we thanked Tom over and over for thinking of us (he apologized numerous times for not realizing we didn't have more time) and how touched we were.

So all in all it was an amazing trip. The only downside was that we arrived a day after Teena left for Vegas so once again we missed her. We also missed the Meet which was a major bummer as well. We did book a Bounceback (1st BB offer day was 8/20) for the same week next year. At the time the BC wasn't available so we booked the YC, but I called a few days after we were back and a BC room opened up so I locked it in!!

Happy to answer any questions anyone has on anything I mentioned above or anything anyone else might have questions on. Thanks to all for helping us along the way and helping make our trip amazing!!!

Jay

P.S. Dee, feel free to add us to the BOG list for 8/20/15 - 8/27/15 for BC GV room!!

Thanks so much for the detailed review of your trip.

Love the pixie dust! pixiedust:

That is so cool about the cruise- too bad you weren't able to do it!

So glad to hear you have a return trip planned next summer.

:cool1:

Back from our stay at the Yacht Club. We booked a SV room, and when we arrived, the cheerful CM told us she had a room on the 3rd floor, with a big balcony. I said, does it have a day bed? No, she said. I said I'd like one with one in it, so she gave us 4046, telling us it was a room with a day bed and a big balcony. Big may be subjective. The balcony had 2 small chairs and a very small table, but it was a balcony. We overlooked the trees, which was fine with us. It was a hike to the lobby. The day bed was the couch. Once mousekeeping saw it was being used as a bed, they made the bed up every morning, but then we never had a couch. The day bed was not quite a twin size length, but my teen, who is not that tall, slept there. He said it was comfortable enough. The mattress was not very thick.

We did not find the room in disrepair. Just tired looking. Beds were comfy, but lumpy. We also would have liked firmer pillows. But no complaints.

We really enjoyed the walk to Epcot. Most of the time, we took the boat to HS. One time we walked, and while not a bad walk, we rather boat than walk as it was much further away. Bonus of the return nigh time walk from HS, stopping at the Boardwalk Bakery and buying treats for our breakfast in the morning. We enjoyed a chocolate pastry, fruit tart and oreo cupcake. All were yummy. They boxed the treats up and gave us a bag for the boxes so we could carry them.

Funny, both my kids wanted to use Storm Along Bay, it's why we spent almost all our WDW stay at it - 9 days. My teen DD went in it once, thought the water was too warm and we both overheard the following conversation between a father and his 5 or 6 year old DS while floating in the lazy river: DS: Dad, I have to go. Father: again?. DS: yes. Father: is it a number 1 or number 2? DS: a 1. Father: just in go here. We assume DS did indeed release number 1 into the water. Maybe that's why DD did not swim again. DS, who was the major player in saying let's stay at the YC, never went swimming. Oh well.

While we'd stay here again, we liked the WL more, so if we do WDW, we may do a short stay at BC/YC and spend more time at WL or other resort.

We had a nice stay.

Thanks so much for your informative review!

:crazy2: on the story of the dad his kid a very poor lesson in swimming pool decorum. I have to say that I am very impressed with kids in my childrens' generation using the bathroom when they need to at the pool.

:goodvibes

We're back! :( We had a wonderful time at YC from 8/30-9/2. It was our first deluxe stay and it won't be our last!! We loved the YC/BC and the Epcot resort area in general. We always wandered around there prior to this stay and it felt so surreal to know that we were actually staying there this time. We enjoyed Stormalong Bay way too much & I have a pretty bad sunburn to prove it!

My only complaint was the noise :( we were in a standard view room (3166) which faced the front entrance of the resort. When we got there around 12pm Saturday 9/30, our room was not ready and we proceeded to SAB. At around 3:30pm I still had not received a text about our room so we had go to the desk and inquire. Once we did that we were immediately given our room info. Our view from inside the room was basically a big tree, which was fine by me. If you were physically ON the balcony and looking to the right you see the magical express busses and cars coming to the front lobby. It was a bit noisy but only during the day so it wasn't an issue at all. The noise issue came from the ice machine that was directly across from our room, as well as the fact that we were right next to the elevators. To add to that, we had some extremely noisy neighbors who's children would run around and scream/play at 6am. I could hear their conversations word for word. That was a little disheartening for me as at our home resort (CSR) we have never ever had this issue. I asked DH if we should complain and try to get our room switched but we decided since we were only there for 3 nights we did not want to disrupt our short stay with switching rooms. We had our days planned out and I was worried it would cause us to ruin our plans. Either way, our final evening they must have checked out (go figure!) and that morning was quiet! I know that those things can happen anywhere and it's hit or miss, it was just SO loud between those 3 scenarios that I was pretty shocked. Either way, we had a wonderful time! The noise didn't bother my DH at all, he can sleep through anything.

We ate at Captains Grille all 3 mornings as my DH loved the buffet ;) and the lobster omelette was everything I expected..delicious!

On our final day yesterday (9/2) the lazy river was closed for refurbishment. They put the tubes in other parts of the pool but of course it just was not the same as the water is still. We asked how long it would be closed but everyone said they didn't know. Just a heads up for anyone going in the next couple of days, I am not sure if it's back already or not but I did hear plenty of complaints from people in the pool. Luckily we got to enjoy it prior to it closing :)

Can I go back now??? I think next time I would like to try BC :)

We appreciate the review of your stay! Thanks!

UGH! on the noisy room.

Thanks for letting us know about the lazy river. That was the first I had heard about the work. I'm guessing it was emergency, not scheduled work (but what do I know)

:thumbsup2

Hi! We just got back about a week ago from our YC/AKL split stay. Both resorts were fantastic. It was our first time staying at both resorts. The YC can not be beat when it comes to location. It was just DH and I this trip and we booked a water view room. We arrived by ME about 1:30 pm after our flight out of Boston was delayed. We were met outside by a CM which had happened last year when we stayed at the BC CL but I didn't think anything of it. She took us to the check in desk and the woman at the desk asked a lot of questions. She then asked us "do you know what's going on"? We had no idea. She told us we had been chosen family of the day! pixiedust: We had been upgraded to CL! Our room was 5227 which was pretty far from the lounge but that was ok. We unfortunately didn't have a need for the lounge this trip and didn't stop in at all. But just the thought of being picked as family of the day started this trip off in the right direction! I think I prefer the YC to the BC. I liked the room decor better and it had a nice quieter feel to it. It was really a beautiful resort. Here is a picture from our balcony.

Thank you for your review!

Family of the Day!!! That is so cool!!!!

pixiedust:

Would you mind posting the picture of your room in the view thread I have posted at the end of this post?

Thanks!

Wow, we were neighbors! We were there from 8/28 - 9/2 in room 3176. I liked the location, being close to elevators (which were the fastest I've ever seen at WDW) and lobby. We booked a standard view which is what we got, the front of the resort but we really didn't hang out there much so no big deal. However, we did get the big shared balcony. It was shared with 3 other rooms I think, just one giant space then 2 chairs & table in front of each door. Luckily we hardly ever saw our balcony-mates, and heard no noise, but if we had the type of neighbors we did at CSR 2 years ago it would have been a big issue and we would have asked to move. I will post a pic of the balcony later.

Loved everything about the YC, the only place we ate there though was Crews Cup which we really enjoyed. We spent most of our time at the parks so we only used the pool a few times but that was great as well. I did go over to BC Marketplace once for a few things and I did spot the famous Teena in the lobby. She was busy with another guest though so I didn't get a chance to say hi.

Staff was really helpful and friendly, the concierge helped us make more FP+ for a 2nd park later in the day so we wouldn't have to go find a kiosk at the park. Our housekeeper was kind of odd, I saw her in the hallway and asked for some extra regular coffee so she handed me 1. I asked for one more and she sighed and begrudgingly gave me another one. Ok then...at that price I think a few cups of coffee isn't too much to ask for! DH and I both like at least 2 cups before facing the world.

We would definitely stay here again (with a discount of course) since we LOVED being able to walk to Epcot. The only buses we really waited on was for MK, over 30 minutes for one.

Thanks for your review.

:)

That is not cool about the coffee rationing. Me No Likey!!!

:surfweb:

Hi everyone,

Well, its back to reality after an amazing 21 nights in Florida. The highlights of the trip were swimming with dolphins at Discovery Cove, staying overnight at the darkside and the Frozen Summer at Hollywood Studios.

The lows were we never got our Magic Bands package (we have to pick them up at checkin as Disney don’t ship to the UK) and poor service at a couple of Disney restaurants. Akershus in Norway and the Captains Grille at the Yacht Club. In Norway Stephen waited 20 minutes for a beer I waited over 30 minutes for a bottle of wine to appear. We sent our entrees away as we were waiting on drinks with our apps. The manager was really apologetic and didn’t charge for the wine.

At Captains Grille it was strangely quiet last Saturday night. We had reservations at 7.55pm and there were only a few tables occupied. The lady at the table behind me was complaining about her wait and the family across were having a discussion amongst themselves and then with the manageress. We ordered apps and were only part way through when the entrées arrived. There was no room on the table for them and the girl just stood looking at us. I informed her we were ready for them and she said she could put them under the heat lamp. No was my reply, and at that point our server appeared and agreed that we would get fresh meals. When we were ready, our entrees were brought out and were only just warm. Back they went. At this point I called over the manageress to express my displeasure and to point out that I seemed to be not the only one complaining tonight. She was very unhelpful and informed me that the family across were actually having a “magical moment” and they had a child with special needs, I cut her off and informed her that yes, I know they have an autistic child, and that I had heard them complaining. (in my mind, giving a family a tub of cereal to appease their child is not a Magical Moment). Manageress leaves as entrée number 3 arrives. Manageress returns a few minutes later to check all is okay. I ask for spoons for the pasta dishes. Back she comes with spoons for husband and daughter and I ignore her and continue with my steak. My husband is not impressed and waves a teaspoon under my nose!!!!!!!! I then have to call over our server for appropriate spoons (she is also not impressed). When the manageress checks back I asked her to cancel our lunch reservation for the next day, we paid and left without having dessert as it was our last night and we wanted to see the Frozen fireworks on the beach. Later when I checked the app, our lunch was still showing so I went to Concierge who cancelled it for me.

We did actually end up having lunch at Captains Grille on our last day and everything was perfect (as had been our dinner the week previous).

We had a lovely room at Yacht Club on the 4th floor overlooking the quiet pool. Having read a few comments about people complaining about the rooms on other forums and how do people find time to pick out faults, I found myself lifting covers and moving curtains to have a nosey, and yes, there were some signs of wear and tear. One of the sinks in the room had areas in it where the coating had peeled away. The furniture had numerous scuff marks the worst being the beds which actually looked as though the Mousekeepers had dragged the vacuum cleaner too close to them on a daily basis. One morning I was mortified to spill my coffee down the side of the drawers and when I mopped it up, I realised I had created a really clean section on the skirting boards. But, all in all, the room was good and as I said, I did go looking for the faults. Nearly forgot, I had to ask for a new hairdryer as everytime I switched the first one on, all the lights flickered!
I did manage to partake of a Sunken Treasure at the bar and it was delicious. Paige loved the pool. We did seem to spend a lot more time in the parks this trip, but I think that was because at 10 Paige is more willing to be up for longer hours.

One final highlight. Our last day we got to meet with Teena and spend a fair bit of time chatting.

Now I need to plan our next trip!

Thanks for your review and for the live check-ins during the trip!

After finishing my 6th straight June vacation at YC I realized I forgot to report in the details. Great trip. We did club this year after NOT doing it last year but we HAD done it the previous 4 summers. It was ok - we had a friend for DD and the girls really made use of the lounge for drinks and extra space etc so for that reason it was a good value.

I am so picky on décor and rooms being tired etc. but I have to say I was just fine with YC. Just as I left it the previous June. Lovely!

Sad that NEXT June I won't be returning...we are doing an Adventures by Disney trip instead. I think 6 straight years of June at WDW has filled us up :)

Although I am taking DD16 to WDW during spring break 2015 but we are on a budget trip so are at POR since I am spending a fair bit on the ABD trip!!!

Missed seeing my buddy Teena but will be in the following summer for sure for our meet up and catch up. The manager we had at YC was FANTASTIC, we had several issues with tickets and magic bands along with someone in the IPO office being pretty disrespectful but other than that, delightful trip. We were there 11 days (split trip between GFV and YC and YC still our fave!)

Thank you for your review!

I will post a brief trip report soon, but wanted to post this photo of our first view. We had standard view, club level. I was hoping for anything but room 5238 (check out the worst view thread). I requested close to the lounge. We got 5232. I think by 5228 you might be safe from the dumpster view. The sound of the service vehicles backing up at 5 in the morning would have driven me nuts before too long, so I'm very happy they were able to move us.

I went to the concierge desk and asked if there was anything else we could get. I didn't mind rooftop or parking lot, since that's in the description. But the dumpsters had to go. They were able to move us the next day. This is the view from that room. I didn't get a shot from the other direction - you see the front of the resort where cars pull in. It was perfect. And much closer to the lounge. The room was 5188.

Thanks for the pre-view of your review.

If possible, can you post your view pictures on the view thread in the Resort Photo subforum. I posted the links to these threads at the end of this post.

Thanks!

:woohoo:

Well ds and I are back from our one day at the Yacht Club.

It was short, sweet and great.

I booked a standard room with dh ff miles. When we arrived we were thrilled to be told that we were upgraded to a water view. It was a wonderful view of the lake and right across from espn. Ds loved sitting on the balcony and enjoying the view.

Everything was great. It did take a while for the concierge to add this resort onto our magic bands.I had an old band with a new ap and ds had a band from guest services at hollywood studios because I bought an old band but it was not his, so they were nice and gave him a new band. None of the old ones had the names on them that I brought for him.

We swan in storm along bay twice.

I think I saw someone ask how long the lazy river pool was being closed. One of the cms told me about 7 days and that was tues. That was also my favorite pool too so I was disappointed but we tried the kiddie type pool, no way, too shallow, so we did the other main pool which was fine for us. Ds thought the slide was too rough on his back and he is a lifeguard, so he only did it once.

We ate at Captains Grille for the breakfast buffet and really liked it.

We also had dinner at Beaches and Cream. Sorry, this place was a total disappointment this time. They got rid of the turkey club which was my favorite. I just got a cheeseburger. Ds got the chef salad. I think the burger tasted strange. I even had ds try it. He didnt care for it either and we thought the texture was strange, almost mushy.. I asked for medium. Also the salad came out drenched in dressing I think it would be better with it on the side. Or alot less for sure. We also ordered 2 scoop sundae. I asked for butter pecan and mint. I got all mint and no butter pecan. I told the server and she gave me a cup of bp to go. Ds also asked for a to go cup. We both thought it was strange they gave us the cup and no lid.

And if any of these people we saw were disers
Little girl in the elevator who loves Princess Sofia - cutie!
Girl who saw me get confused about whether we were on the 3rd or 4th floor. Dont listen to my ds, No I dont have early alzheimers but sometimes I have memory issues.

I wish the bounceback was for a room discount instead of free dining, so we didnt book anything. I hope that is the current offer because that is what was in our packet.

We did take a taxi to downtown disney for La Nouba. It was good because ds wanted to swim as long as possible before we had to leave for the show.

I am so glad to hear that you and your son had a nice stay!!!

Thanks for sharing your comments.

I started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The purpose of these threads is to give some samples of rooms in various view categories at the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

page 243-246

Hey there BC/YC friends!!!

*snip* review in prior post

P.S. Dee, feel free to add us to the BOG list for 8/20/15 - 8/27/15 for BC GV room!!

:welcome: back!!!

I am thrilled to add you back to the BOG list!

What are the pool hours in September?:beach:

We arrive at the Beach Club at 8:30 in the morning. What are the odds that we will have a room ready for us at that time?:hourglass

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.

I haven't been able to find a reliable source for the pool hours for SAB- they can be set/changed at the discretion of the lifeguards and can change from day to day. The best thing we can do is rely on what current guests are experiencing.

SAB was opening at 9 am this summer. I don't know if the 9:00 opening time will stay or if it will be a little later at 10 now that it is "fall"

Closing should be 10 or 11 pm.

As others have said, I wouldn't count on a room being ready that early, but it is (remotely) possible. Better chances if you do the early checkin and say that you want a room to be ready to trump your other requests, but still probably unlikely.

You can store all of your stuff with Bell Services while you go out and play at the parks or swim in the pool if your room is not ready. I always like to keep my family's swimsuits in a carryon or one of the outside pockets of the luggage so it is easy to access.

Hope that helps!

So excited! This time tomorrow I'll be walking thru MK and then having dinner in the castle! Plus my first time staying at BC! And then when we return back to reality I will find out if I'm carrying a little prince or princess!

Now if only the inlaws would finishing packing so that we can hit the road for the hotel by the airport!

Hope you have a fantastic trip!!!

Please come back and let us know the gender reveal!

Hi all! It's been a very long while since I've visited this page! It looks as though we have another upcoming trip for May 2015, which I am very pumped for!! Woohoo!

We stayed YC CL and have been completely converted to CL stays! (It certainly has made the trip with my dad a lot better! Happy dad, happy trip! Munchies for days) I saw the announcement that the CL lounges are getting refurbs. Is anyone here aware of how long these things take? (I know, that can be a redundant question on the disboards). When you book a room, do they let you know the possibility of a refurb happening? We'd prefer to stay in YC again, but I'm just wondering about the timeline of the refurbs if it's a possibility that YC will be going through the refurbishment during that time. Any ideas??? Thanks all :)

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

No news on when the work on the YC lounge/rooms will start. They are currently working on the BC lounge, then they will work on all of the rooms in the BC resort, starting on the 5th floor and working their way down.

We don't have a timeline of how long the work will take, but as soon as I get info, I post it at the beginning of the very first page on this thread.

Ooops, I seem to have made a new ticker!!!! Lets hope its true

I'm intrigued! Tell me more, tell me more!!!

:scratchin

We are staying at BC and my one request was full balcony... We arrive early in morning (flight lands at 9:30).. Do you think an early arrival gives us better odds to ask for full if we didn't get assigned one? I got to change my room at POR last time when we got there early... TIA

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Since you are arriving so early, that is a great opportunity to let the CM checking you in that a full balcony is your priority. They should be able to check their computer to see if they are able to accommodate your request and since room assignments are not set in stone until a guest gets their keys, then I think there is a good chance for them to discuss room options with you.

It is forever away, but we will be at the BC 12/4/15 - 12/12/15.

We ended up staying offsite our last few trips in a pool villa because we had extra family coming to spend time with us. To resolve that issue, we're renting a house in Destin in May for the extended family trip and next December it will just be me, DH, and our then 4 year old DD!

We've stayed at YC before, but this is our first at the BC and our first CL. We *might* switch to a 1 bedroom villa at BCV when they open up reservations to the public, but really wanting to try CL.

Been following this group for years so while I'm new to you all, many of you seem like old friends LOL.

:welcome: friend!

:wave2:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Well... 3 months from today we will be boarding a plane from Detroit to the BC. I know... it's still a long time, but we booked in April, so the countdown is much shorter now. LOL! Last night after a long busy day at work and curriculum nights, my DD 6 and I went into the hot tub to relax (too cool for the pool) and we sang songs from Frozen. We are totally getting ready for our Disney trip. DD even has her Elsa dress ready for BBB and dinner at Arkeshus.

Sorry for rambling, but just excited. :wizard:

How have people found the YC rooms lately?

I really worried about negative TA reports showing rooms badly in need of a refurb. We are booked into garden view ad BC on Tuesday.

I really worried about negative TA reports showing rooms badly in need of a refurb. We are booked into garden view ad BC on Tuesday.

:welcome: to the thread.

I wouldn't get too worked up about the reviews on TA- a lot of times you get very negative feedback there.

The reports we have been getting here are that there are some dings, scuffs and scrapes in the rooms. The hallways and public areas are a little worse for wear in some spots. Faded carpeting, and some ripped fringe on upholstery on furniture in the hallways is what I saw at the BC.

YC was renovated a little more recently than the Beach Club and I think it is in better shape. There are a few reviews in a post on this page. That should give you an idea of conditions encountered by very recent guests.

BTW- we stayed at the Hard Rock (split with the BC) in July 2013. Loved it!

I have started working on our new home- probably won't activate the new thread until this afternoon or evening or maybe tomorrow morning. Please don't post on that thread yet, continue to post your questions and comments here.

Thanks!

Here are a couple more pictures from our DISMeet on Aug 18:

This is me obviously telling a hilarious story, most likely about naughty goats.

How many goat stories does this woman have???

We swan in storm along bay twice.

I think I saw someone ask how long the lazy river pool was being closed. One of the cms told me about 7 days and that was tues. That was also my favorite pool too so I was disappointed but we tried the kiddie type pool, no way, too shallow, so we did the other main pool which was fine for us. Ds thought the slide was too rough on his back and he is a lifeguard, so he only did it once.

That was me! Thanks for responding! I guess there is no chance then that it will be open tomorrow when we arrive. :( We will get there before noon and will be spending the afternoon at SAB. Oh well.

I found them to be decent, everything was clean except there was a random sock under the daybed that stayed there all week. The door frames and hallway do show some scuffing, but honestly with all those people banging luggage around every day it's no wonder. We loved all the nautical touches in the room fixtures.

Whoever said the bathroom was small is right! You literally have to walk all the way in, over to the tub to close the door. I bet there isn't a 1/8 inch clearance between the toilet and the door when you close it! It didn't really bother us, but I can see if you had small children you had to tend to it could be a pain.

I found them to be decent, everything was clean except there was a random sock under the daybed that stayed there all week. The door frames and hallway do show some scuffing, but honestly with all those people banging luggage around every day it's no wonder. We loved all the nautical touches in the room fixtures.

Whoever said the bathroom was small is right! You literally have to walk all the way in, over to the tub to close the door. I bet there isn't a 1/8 inch clearance between the toilet and the door when you close it! It didn't really bother us, but I can see if you had small children you had to tend to it could be a pain.

Our bathroom door had a chunk out of it so that it could skim the toilet seat to shut!

We got a full balcony in March. It was our only request, our flight landed around 9:40 am, and it was a Wednesday morning. So I'm not sure if the early arrival helped or if arriving mid-week helped, but we were happy. :)

We are arriving Wednesday too... Fingers crossed!! Lol

page 243-246 :welcome: When is your trip? Since you are arriving so early, that is a great opportunity to let the CM checking you in that a full balcony is your priority. They should be able to check their computer to see if they are able to accommodate your request and since room assignments are not set in stone until a guest gets their keys, then I think there is a good chance for them to discuss room options with you. :cool1: :woohoo:

We arrive 17th! 12 days!!! Thanks for the input...

We just got back, and I thought the room itself was fine, as were the hallways. We were back in a pretty quiet corner of the hotel, though, and I assume that the only people traipsing those hallways would be actual room guests and housekeeping. The back of the bathroom door did have a little chunk out of it, but other than that the room and its furnishing seemed to be well-maintained.

I know this is the third time I mentioned it, but after looking through the room views thread, I really think we got shafted. :( I'll try to remember to post our view pics tonight after I get home.

After a long journey from Australia we are finally here! We had a layover in Atlanta which was supposed to get us to MCO at 7:30pm, but the plane was delayed and we didn't get in until 9:10 (ugh!). We arrived at the Beach Club at 10:30pm - and when we finally walked into that gorgeous lobby it smelt divine!

DH had originally laughed at me for making a 10pm dinner reservation for Beaches and Cream, so I sent him there to check if they could still seat us once we'd checked in. The CMs there were lovely, as long as we were seated by 11pm that would be fine. We made it by 10:55:thumbsup2. The burgers were delicious and our server was a sweet lady who didn't rush us at all. We got sundaes to go because we didn't want to hold her up, but there were still other people eating after we left.

I had some trouble doing online checkin prior to our trip and had emailed Disney reservations to try and help me out. I still haven't received a reply but thought I wouldn't sweat the small stuff after all we would be at Disneyworld. The CM checking us in told me that we had been given a small balcony and there were no larger available. She then offered me a ground floor patio room with a daybed if I was interested? Was I ever! This room is awesome with views over to the Boardwalk. After a stressful travel day this was just the pixiedust I needed. After unpacking we finally climbed jnto bed around 1am.

We spent most of the day today at Magic Kingdom. The longest wait for us was 10 min for Pirates, but apparently this was only because they had just closed the Jungle Cruise because it looked like it was going to rain. We spent around an hour at Stormalong Bay, which is as awesome as I thought it would be.

We're about to head out now for dinner at Sci-Fi. I still can't believe we're actually here!! Thanks for all of your tips and tricks, will try and post again soon.

Liz

Originally Posted by erinmarie2224 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find the answer searching through the disboards app.

I'm booked garden view club level. Are there King bed rooms with day beds?

For someone reason, the BC/YC loves to book DD and I in king rooms, which we hate. One year we got a floor room at BC that had a king (looks like a queen?) in it and a daybed that we had to spend one night in before switching. I am thinking there was a curtain between them, too, that you could pull.

I found pics of the room.

After a long journey from Australia we are finally here!
We spent most of the day today at Magic Kingdom. The longest wait for us was 10 min for Pirates, but apparently this was only because they had just closed the Jungle Cruise because it looked like it was going to rain. We spent around an hour at Stormalong Bay, which is as awesome as I thought it would be.

Liz

Wow - all the way from Australia! I'm glad it's been a good vacation so far. Sounds like good wait times. Have fun!

Can't believe that we will be in DisneyWorld on Sunday :cool1:

I just have some quick questions. We are staying at the BCV and wanted to know if housekeeping comes everyday or do they run on a different schedule then the BC? My daughter is starting to make her mousekeeping envelopes, she is only 3yrs old, and we need to know how many to make. Also, is there a DVD player in the room? Thank you for your help :goodvibes

Can't believe that we will be in DisneyWorld on Sunday :cool1:

I just have some quick questions. We are staying at the BCV and wanted to know if housekeeping comes everyday or do they run on a different schedule then the BC? My daughter is starting to make her mousekeeping envelopes, she is only 3yrs old, and we need to know how many to make. Also, is there a DVD player in the room? Thank you for your help :goodvibes

It depends on whether or not you are staying on points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!