There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try booking Anna and Elsa for just you (one person) then copying the FPP reservation to all the other in your party?

That's how I got that one. Still couldn't get it for Friday or Saturday.

Hi! I just booked the YC garden view - for three nights in August. We have stayed at the BC twice and love it there. What can we look forward to at the YC? Any room requests/recommendations? Thanks!

My plan is to double wrap the wine bottles individually in trash bags and then pack them in the middle of a structured suitcase (ie. rectangular wheeled bag rather than giant duffel bag) surrounded by clothes. I am also considering packing the clothes in garbage bags/giant ziplocks, but will probably be too lazy. We will probably bring 2-3 bottles of wine. I am also planning on packing some bananas in a box in the middle of a duffel bag, as well as english muffins and apples.

We fly bottles of beer and wine frequently! Wrap in a plastic bag (ie Target bag), wrap in a towel or tees, place in center of luggage surrounded on top and bottom with other clothing. Haven't had one break yet (knocking on wood).

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not checked in for a few days but we have been crazy busy! We are going to the 24 hour event tomorrow. During the day I am wearing my evil queen shirt and then at night I am eating my cinderella dress. I am very excited for this!! I'll try to check in a few times tomorrow if I can.

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

then at night I am eating my cinderella dress.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Just a FYI, though I'm not sure of my info:

Isn't there a Disney policy against adults wearing costumes in the parks? Not trying to rain on your parade, just don't want you to face an unhappy surprise at the gates.

Have fun!

page 13-14

Loving all of the packing tips for adult beverages! I'm going to repost the responses and add a link to the "Packing Tips" section on Page 1.

Mickey & Minnie Mom- thanks for giving your information and input about scooters. I have a section in the "Other Useful Info Post" about going to Disney with travelers who have limited mobility- would you mind if I added links to your post for people who want more information/reviews?

:goodvibes

at the BC that DH & I are doing a trip for our anniversary in September too! Can you add us to the September list? After much debate (we were considering AKL) we decided to try the YC September 22-26 since we know we will like being in the Epcot area. Can't wait to do F & W and we are splurging on the Wild Africa Trek.

:welcome: again!

I'll add you onto the list for September.

:cool1:

Hi! I just booked the YC garden view - for three nights in August. We have stayed at the BC twice and love it there. What can we look forward to at the YC? Any room requests/recommendations? Thanks!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Is location important to you? (Near lobby/transportation/Stormalong Bay)
Upper or lower floor?

View- Garden view rooms look over something green- a courtyard or woods. Anyone know if any of the YC GV rooms look out onto woods, or are those only BC? A lot of people like the view of the wedding gazebo. Another option is a view of the back entrance (lakeside) entrance to the YC. Really great people-watching with that view.

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not checked in for a few days but we have been crazy busy! We are going to the 24 hour event tomorrow. During the day I am wearing my evil queen shirt and then at night I am eating my cinderella dress. I am very excited for this!! I'll try to check in a few times tomorrow if I can.

Amber

Isn't there a Disney policy against adults wearing costumes in the parks? Not trying to rain on your parade, just don't want you to face an unhappy surprise at the gates.

Have fun!

Alice, you are correct, normally adults are prohibited from wearing costumes in the parks. One exception is during MNSSHP. Perhaps the 24-hours-of Disney day event also has an exception to that rule. Not sure.

:)

Question: How does one safely pack a bottle of wine in a piece of checked luggage?

My plan is to double wrap the wine bottles individually in trash bags and then pack them in the middle of a structured suitcase (ie. rectangular wheeled bag rather than giant duffel bag) surrounded by clothes. I am also considering packing the clothes in garbage bags/giant ziplocks, but will probably be too lazy. We will probably bring 2-3 bottles of wine.

I am also planning on packing some bananas in a box in the middle of a duffel bag, as well as english muffins and apples.

They sell protective wine bags that you can put your wine in. IF the bottle should break in your luggage, it will contain the spill so that your luggage remains dry. :)

Just google "protective wine bags" or something similar and you will see a lot of options. I have gotten one for around $6 and some are reusable.

Have fun with your paper chain countdown.

Forgot to add, I believe there is a limit of 2 bottles per luggage. Not sure if this is the airline's rules or TSA. I just remember seeing it last year on a website.

We often do wine on the balcony when staying at YC. While I agree bringing your own works -- I just wanted to mention for those who may not know, or if bringing your own is a hassle, there are some adequate bottles at the YC gift shop at an okay price (really), more choices at Boardwalk gift shop. Same goes for Italy and France in Epcot. (I think at Germany too, but I don't like German wine, so not as familiar.) Some of the Epcot choices are not ridiculously overpriced. ;)

Yet another reason YC/BC rocks: proximity to Epcot as a wine store. :thumbsup2

During F&W, the festival center has wine and spirits, some of which are not overpriced.

We fly bottles of beer and wine frequently! Wrap in a plastic bag (ie Target bag), wrap in a towel or tees, place in center of luggage surrounded on top and bottom with other clothing. Haven't had one break yet (knocking on wood).

Yesterday I was marking the 1-month till vacation marker! :cool1:

We are doing a split stay, first at Art of Animation family suites for 3 nights, then over to the Beach Club for 4 nights.

Dee ~ we will be driving and transporting our own luggage, but I can certainly either ask about luggage transport for split stays or do a test transport.

Have fun!

I've never seen anything written about it but you are correct, I've heard about this policy. To keep the integrity of the characters, except for Halloween party nights, adults are not allowed to wear Disney costumes. I know two women in their early 20's had on Minnie Mouse dresses ... the same kind that Lily wears ... and they told me they were asked to leave Magic Kingdom or change their clothes. Again, I've never seen this in writing anywhere but I've heard about it numerous times.

They sell protective wine bags that you can put your wine in. IF the bottle should break in your luggage, it will contain the spill so that your luggage remains dry. :)

Just google "protective wine bags" or something similar and you will see a lot of options. I have gotten one for around $6 and some are reusable.

Have fun with your paper chain countdown.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Hi there, hope you are having a great trip! Could you explain this please? Is it just a paper band so that they know you are a YC/BC guest and have permission to swim at the pool?

Yes, they scan your magic band the 1st time you enter the pool area and put on the paper band, which means they know that you are a Yacht/Beach Club guest and you can come and go as many times as you want into the pool area that day.

They do however, change the color of the paper band every day, so you will get a new color for each day to visit the pool.

page 13-14

Mickey & Minnie Mom- thanks for giving your information and input about scooters. I have a section in the "Other Useful Info Post" about going to Disney with travelers who have limited mobility- would you mind if I added links to your post for people who want more information/reviews?

:goodvibes

Alice, you are correct, normally adults are prohibited from wearing costumes in the parks. One exception is during MNSSHP. Perhaps the 24-hours-of Disney day event also has an exception to that rule. Not sure.

:)

Yes, Dee ... please include any information you think others may find helpful. I think I forgot to add when it was time for my mom to check out, all she had to do was leave the scooter with bell services and then Apple picked up from there. Very convenient to work in our schedule versus waiting around a la the cable company. ;)

And from what I have read, today's 24 hr event is an exception to adults wearing costumes in the parks as guests are encouraged to "Rock their Disney Side." Watched the camera set up on Main Street for a few minutes and caught a Belle in her blue dress, a Tink and a couple dressed at Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee entering the Magic Kingdom.

Nothing like skimming the Beach Club thread when contemplating a trip (even if it is next year). Glad to see familiar names still posting, especially Teena. Someone brought a Tastykake box into the pharmacy not too long ago and I popped my head up and said, "Teena?" My staff was like, "who???"

We're moving over to the Poly for the last night of our trip so we can enjoy a late night at MK and lunch at Kona the next day before catching the ME.

Would the YC CL be able to check us in to Poly? Or if we do online check in, will I have to wait in line at the Poly? It's RO so I've already paid in full and don't need anything except the room.

Planning on hitting DHS in the morning, then heading to MK. Would prefer not to make a Poly pit stop.

Hello All!

I found the new thread!

I just upgraded to YC CL for our July trip. I had the AP package with dining, but cancelled that and moved to CL just because it is cheaper and I always end up with unused credits!!

56 days!

Forgot to add, I believe there is a limit of 2 bottles per luggage. Not sure if this is the airline's rules or TSA. I just remember seeing it last year on a website.

From TSA's site:
Carrying Alcohol in Your Checked Baggage
Alcoholic Beverages

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

Alcoholic beverages with less than 24% alcohol content are not subject to hazardous materials regulations.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/alcoholic-beverages

I tend to buy bottles of wine wherever I am to take home, so I always pack and honestly, have done a terrible job of protecting them. I usually place them in wine carriers and then wrap a garbage bag around them. Never have had an issue yet to teach me a lesson.

I just checked MDE online, not the app. My MagicBands are on their way. Should have them next Wednesday. Yippee! It's getting more and more real. Only 28 days from tomorrow. We are going to Disney World!

Nothing like skimming the Beach Club thread when contemplating a trip (even if it is next year). Glad to see familiar names still posting, especially Teena. Someone brought a Tastykake box into the pharmacy not too long ago and I popped my head up and said, "Teena?" My staff was like, "who???"

Great to see you here again!!! When will I see you at the BC?

Teena: Hoping to see you for our Thanksgiving trip this year!!! Have to wait until DD does her "traditions" for the college program (she arrives on August 4th!!!) to see if we will be able to get a discounted room at BC and or YC!! I hope BC is available for that. We may do a split stay with WL also! She is so excited about the DCP, her dream (she has been chosen in merchandising) would be to work in the BC gift shop!! Fingers crossed for DH, he loves staying at BC and visiting with you!! P.S. Richard says hello, and he has to admit that the Magic Bands were pretty awesome....but he still hasn't made up his mind on the whole FP+ thing!!!

My daughter did her CP 3 years ago in Merchandise. She got Main Street. It was the best experience of her life. She had a blog while she was there, if your daughter would like to check it out. It's kelly3105c.blogspot.com. (And, yes, the discounts were great!)

Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter