" There are worse places to get stuck!" - A Mother/Daughter January '18 Trip - *Finished 4/25 !!*

My mom, sister and I had a flight home get cancelled on us and no one believed us either! lol I guess because no one is ever that upset when you get stranded in disney world!

Those PP pics in front of the castle came out really great!

Glad you could finally see the Country Bears! I love them!

Omg I can't believe your flight was cancelled! You both stayed very calm through it all! Glad you could get a room so easily. Sounds like a nice night at the resort!

Thank you!

It was a cute show!

It was a nice relaxing night. Glad we were able to make the most of it!

Wow! What a surprise! I'm glad things worked out with your bosses. You were really able to roll with the punches well, lol. I suppose I wouldn't be too upset either.

Thanks. Yeah, it wasn't too hard to work things out, just a tad stressful at first. It ended up working out all fine, so that was good.

I agree, those are some of the best castle pics I've seen! I like how they did a couple of different angles, up close/far away and the ones where you can see the tracks for the trolley. So cute!

Hooray for happy surprises!! I doubt I'd ever say that about my flight being canceled, but you are so right! No better place to be stuck than WDW!! When given the choice, if it's blue and it glows, that's always my pick LOL

Thank you! We had a good PP at that point. In the one to the side, I wish I turned my head a little more because it looks like I might not be looking, but I was looking with just my eyes hidden under my sunglasses lol.

Ha! The blue drink was so good! I also got a new glow cube with each drink, so I was stocking up on them and got to bring them all home! That way I can have blue glowy drinks at home too!

My mom, sister and I had a flight home get cancelled on us and no one believed us either! lol I guess because no one is ever that upset when you get stranded in disney world!

It was weird because the weather in Disney was fine, and so was the weather at home. I think there was a storm moving up the coast at the time though, and we would have had to fly right through it, which is why the cancelled. At least, that's what we think happened. Either way, it ended up working out and I got an extra day in my happy place!

I would have been a nervous wreck if my flight had been cancelled. Don't know if I would have been able to carry on having fun until it was resolved like you did! Great that your employers understood it was a situation out of your control and as your title says, there are worse places to get stick!

Ha! The blue drink was so good! I also got a new glow cube with each drink, so I was stocking up on them and got to bring them all home! That way I can have blue glowy drinks at home too!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that :) LOL My husband is always embarrassed by me using my fork to fish them out of the bottom of the glass at 50's Primetime!

I would have been a nervous wreck if my flight had been cancelled. Don't know if I would have been able to carry on having fun until it was resolved like you did! Great that your employers understood it was a situation out of your control and as your title says, there are worse places to get stick!

I was a little nervous because I had to make sure everything was taken care of, but I knew at the moment that we would work it all out. I think if maybe I was alone or even with my husband I would have freaked, but I would have called my mom and asked what to do LOL. I didn't have to call her since I was with her and I knew she would know what to do. I'm almost 30 but still rely on Momma!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that :) LOL My husband is always embarrassed by me using my fork to fish them out of the bottom of the glass at 50's Primetime!

That's awesome!

I’m secrety hoping this happens to me when we go this summer!

I never thought it would happen to me! You never know!

Day 5 - DHS
Part One

Sorry I've fallen a bit behind here. I resized all my pictures and when I came on to do the update realized that I only had my new phone and all the notes were on my old phone! Now I have both so I am going to try to bang out the rest of this report!

We woke up at a decent time and packed up the few things we took out the night before, including all the snacks we splurged on LOL. We had to get a new ME tag at the concierge desk and then checked our bags with bell service. As I said in the last update we decided to go to Hollywood Studios since it was the only park we hadn't visited yet! So we headed off to the buses!

We made it to HS quickly and headed in. We thought about getting PP out in front but the line was long so we decided to come back. Spoiler alert.. we never did!

26711774997_d84d238729_z.jpg

The citizens of Hollywood were out and people were walking the red carpet in! We walked in and headed to Starbucks. It was pretty crowded in there but we got our coffees and headed towards the back of the park. Walking by a empty GMR made me so sad!

40687366365_f9d3a1a6f8_z.jpg

We made our way all the way back to Muppet Vision! I hadn't seen this show in forever so I was excited to see it again!

26711774167_d2ef2b3549_z.jpg

40687365745_d377f74edf_z.jpg

It was a cute little show! I should stop in here more often! After this I had to take a bio break and Mom had to make a quick work call so she sat on a bench while I used the facilities. From there we headed off to our first FP of the day, the Frozen Sing along!

27710257578_f445781a79_z.jpg

39772011340_f9487995c9_z.jpg

39772011650_d8afaa343e_z.jpg

41539205522_ddfa7e0f64_z.jpg

I just love the end of this show where it snows! The snoap is amazing and makes the atmosphere so magical in there!

41539205062_509aa7aa7d_z.jpg

39772010770_d6bd11d596_z.jpg

There were a lot more people singing along this time too, more so than the first time I saw it. I loved seeing all the kids singing along and dancing in the aisles.

Continued next post..

Reactions: DLo

Day 5 - DHS
Part Two

When we left the Frozen theatre, we decided to go check out the shops since we never did go back the day before at MK and I wanted to get something to bring home as a souvenir. Right before we got to the stores, we caught the middle of the March of the First order. I took two quick pictures and we kept moving.

41539204092_0d2d252ea0_z.jpg

41539202362_f54fa0cd44_z.jpg

When we got into the store I was just going to peak around to find something.. when to my delight I spotted what I had been looking for!!!!!

40868755024_0a1e3bd5ae_z.jpg

A WHOLE RACK OF ROSE GOLD SPIRIT JERSEYS!!!!

Mom had been joking with me the whole time that Tuesday's were restock days and she was right! So even though we got stuck in Disney and had to add another day, if we hadn't then I wouldn't have found this beauty! As you can tell by my arm, I bought it!! They also had the promo that if you spend X amount you could get a backpack for $19.95 so I got the Mickey backpack too. Mom ended up getting the Navy blue spirit jersey.

We left the store and moved around all our belongs. We had each brought bags, so we consolidated everything into the backpack that we would each take turns carrying. We still had a little bit of time before our next FP so we decided to get some PPs!

39771991760_eb884f0738_z.jpg

39771993130_7a11c45571_z.jpg

40687333175_6926416346_z.jpg

40868727634_6d6c658a40_z.jpg

40868729884_c5651b933b_z.jpg

From there we headed down the road to our next FP. I was SO EXCITED at this point! Just pure happiness!

Our next FP was for RnRC! This is one of my favorite rides in all of DW and Mom hadn't been on it since the year it opened! I was wondering how she was going to fair on it!

40868742384_87605152ae_z.jpg

40687335045_19cb9b8abb_z.jpg

Closed eyes and all! The verdict? She loved it!! She did say her head got bumped around a lot but other than that she had a blast!

Continued next post..

Day 5 - DHS
Part Three

When we got off, we decided to check out the Launch Bay. On the way over, we caught a side glimpse of the stage show

40868740024_437c2028c3_z.jpg

We decided to get some PP while on our way into the Launch Bay and finally got a new magic shot!

40868721074_89dc563e1d_z.jpg

39771988600_48f9292d9c_z.jpg

40687332395_3c71068262_z.jpg

This shot it a little awkward but I was happy to get a magic shot that wasn't Tink!

We made our way in and decided to meet Chewie first! The wait was short, maybe 15 minutes, so it wasn't too bad.

Mom was intimidated at first!

40868725674_412af4150a_z.jpg

HAHAHA

40868724384_48aa1a5773_z.jpg

26711754787_bf25192bfd_z.jpg

26711753987_0c085fd73a_z.jpg

40868723014_ec562af8fd_z.jpg

40868751664_7d8e0e192b_z.jpg

At this point something odd but funny happened! When we first walked in Chewie was showing Mom love because of her birthday button. Well he reached forward and tapped it with his finger. If you see her button, it was kind of low on her chest, so when we left she turns to me and goes "Chewie touched my boob!!!" It was so funny! It obviously wasn't meant that way at all, but we got a good laugh out of it. We also sent pictures to my Stepdad and told him that Chewie got frisky.

From there we decided to go meet my favorite droid..BB8!!

Day 5 - DHS
Part Four

The line for BB8 was also really short and we were chatting with the CMs while in line. It didn't take too long before we were in!

39771994110_34a76e97ee_z.jpg

40868731554_625db4d46e_z.jpg

40868733434_560114c22b_z.jpg

41539193202_31139d606a_z.jpg

41539196092_280543beef_z.jpg

41539197352_a9651ae294_z.jpg

I really liked meeting BB8 but it was kind of awkward since there wasn't much interaction, as you can tell by the 6 pictures that are all practically the same LOL!

At this point we were hungry and wanting to grab a bite. We decided to hit up the ABC Commissary. I got a chicken sandwich and I think mom got the chicken nuggets. Mom also got a mickey straw as a Birthday treat! She ended up leaving it in my bag so it's mine now! LOL.

We sat at a table outside and took our time eating. After that I decided that we should head back to Toy Story to see what the TSMM wait was. It was insane! They had closed the third track by this point to get ready for the Toy Story Land make-over so it was long. We decided to grab some beers at a cart and sit for a few.

41539189912_9264af2b32_z.jpg

40868740894_be91d0be32_z.jpg

We were people watching at this point because there was a cooler behind the beer cart that two maintenance guys came to look at. They ended up unplugging the cart lady's computer so she had to reboot. Of course she just poured two for this couple, so they had to wait. I think she might have ended up just giving them to them for free because the computer took a while to boot back up.

When we were done with the beers, we headed off to our final FP of the day Star Tours!

40868737644_e2153e9c57_z.jpg

40868738264_e972bd4a04_z.jpg

The Last Jedi had just come out, so that's the scenes we got. After this point we were getting ready to head out. I asked Mom if we could watch one more March of the First Order and she agreed, so we headed that way.

Continued next post..

Day 5 - DHS
Part Five

I thought I got more pictures of the second MOTFO but I guess it was only video. Sorry! I made sure to put us on the sidewalk where they stop and Captain Phasma comes up to the crowd. She was right in the face of the woman next to me! After that it was time to get back to AKL. We headed out to the buses and Mom got her last bit of Pixie Dust as we walked onto the bus!

40868736294_ec372e4b50_z.jpg

The Disney Transport token! Our bus driver gave it to her! She was so excited and I was too to finally see one in person!

When we got back to AKL we got our bags and headed back to Victoria Falls the bar. Mom had a conference call that she had to take (if you remember she was supposed to be back at work by now) so she had to get set up for that. Matt was working again, so we asked if there were any plugs and there was one so he set us at that table. We ordered some beers while Mom took her call. I headed up to the bathroom to change into my flying clothes and headed to the giftshop to get some last minute things, like a shirt for Sken.

Her call was about an hour, but once she wrapped up we settled up the bill and headed out to the Tragical Express. While we were there, there was another family waiting. The mom was on the phone booking her bounce back offer and I couldn't have been more jealous! Can't you see how sad we were to be leaving??

40868734504_39f0a4e0df_z.jpg

40868734364_2150771c39_z.jpg

40868734894_879f10f7fe_z.jpg

After a few stops on the Tragical Express we were on the way to the airport.

39771995730_d5bc69b477_z.jpg

We got seperated in the security line, which took FOREVER but finally got back together at the end while putting our shoes back on. They made us take everything out of our bags, including food! I thought the food thing was weird but I took out all my leftover food and candy lol.

We made our way to the gate and grabbed sandwiches for us to eat. Mom went to the booth because we didn't have seats next to each other on the flight home. They were able to get us seats next to each other so that was good. The flight home was fine and we were back to reality! We got home about 1:30am and I had to be up for work the next day which was rough!

And just like that... it was over.

FINAL THOUGHTS
This trip was one of my favorites ever! We got to spend time with Aunt and Cousin, which is always fun and I know made Mom really happy. AKL is so much better than I have imagined and I can't wait to stay there again! Mom got covered in Pixie Dust for her birthday and I know it made her feel really special, which was awesome. But more than anything, I got to spend 5 days in my happy place with my Mom and I never forget it!

So that's it! This TR has come to an end. So the next question is always when am I going back? As stated back at the beginning of this TR I was asking Sken to take me for my 30th this year but was getting some pushback. I then thought about a 1st anniversary trip, to take place at the end of October/Early November to see both Halloween and Christmas. Well it turns out that we are actually going to be busy at that time this year....

31059495_730057453216_4511175464349335552_n.jpg

We are expecting! Around November 2nd this world will be welcoming a new Disney fan! We are so beyond excited! I've already asked Sken if we can celebrate Baby's first birthday in Disney! So next time we go back, we will get to see the magic though the eyes of a child and I cannot even wait!!!

Thank you all for following along! See you real soon!!

Last edited:
I was literally reading along as you were updating, lol. It seems like you had a great last day at HS. I also find the BB8 meet and greet kind of awkward. The castmembers who take your photo are the ones who really make it a good experience.

After such a great trip, I would have been really jealous of the lady booking her bounceback too. LOL.

Congratulations on the new member of your family and all the Disney memories you will make together.

40868755024_0a1e3bd5ae_z-jpg.319137

A WHOLE RACK OF ROSE GOLD SPIRIT JERSEYS!!!!
You literally struck gold!!!!!!! :)

40687332395_3c71068262_z-jpg.319151

The balloon magic shot is always my very favorite!!!

This shot it a little awkward but I was happy to get a magic shot that wasn't Tink!

When we first walked in Chewie was showing Mom love because of her birthday button. Well he reached forward and tapped it with his finger. If you see her button, it was kind of low on her chest, so when we left she turns to me and goes "Chewie touched my boob!!!" It was so funny!
LOL!!!!

Congratulations! And what a wonderful trip you had. Looks like you made the most of your bonus day

The Disney Transport token! Our bus driver gave it to her! She was so excited and I was too to finally see one in person!
Oooooooh, that is pretty awesome!! I've never seen one either!!

The mom was on the phone booking her bounce back offer and I couldn't have been more jealous! Can't you see how sad we were to be leaving??
Waaaaah!!!! I hate leaving :( I would have been insanely jealous, too! We have never been able to take advantage of the bounce back offers because I'm just not 100% sure when we will be able to come back financially. I wish I had more money at my disposal all the time for a Disney fund :)

But more than anything, I got to spend 5 days in my happy place with my Mom and I never forget it!
That really is the best part! I have the most wonderful memories of the two Disney trips I took that were just me and my Mom.

So next time we go back, we will get to see the magic though the eyes of a child and I cannot even wait!!!
It truly is magic like you've never seen before!! I already had so much love for WDW and didn't think I could ever love it more....until I saw my son meet Mickey for the first time and see the castle for the first time and lay eyes on Cinderella for the first time. Now, I am in a puddle of tears just thinking about it all!! Congratulations!!!

I was literally reading along as you were updating, lol. It seems like you had a great last day at HS. I also find the BB8 meet and greet kind of awkward. The castmembers who take your photo are the ones who really make it a good experience.

After such a great trip, I would have been really jealous of the lady booking her bounceback too. LOL.

Congratulations on the new member of your family and all the Disney memories you will make together.

The CMs with BB8 were awesome, and were trying to say something about Mom's birthday button, but I don't remember what it was now.

Thank you!

You literally struck gold!!!!!!! :)

LOL!!!!

It sure felt like striking gold! I was so excited! Never found the ears, but I prefer the jersey anyways.

Haha, it was funny!

CONGRATS!

Thank you!!

Congratulations! And what a wonderful trip you had. Looks like you made the most of your bonus day

Thank you! It was a great trip!

Oooooooh, that is pretty awesome!! I've never seen one either!!

Waaaaah!!!! I hate leaving :( I would have been insanely jealous, too! We have never been able to take advantage of the bounce back offers because I'm just not 100% sure when we will be able to come back financially. I wish I had more money at my disposal all the time for a Disney fund :)

That really is the best part! I have the most wonderful memories of the two Disney trips I took that were just me and my Mom.

It truly is magic like you've never seen before!! I already had so much love for WDW and didn't think I could ever love it more....until I saw my son meet Mickey for the first time and see the castle for the first time and lay eyes on Cinderella for the first time. Now, I am in a puddle of tears just thinking about it all!! Congratulations!!!

My cousin who is also on here was super jealous too! We looked it up but didn't find too much info on them. Still pretty cool to have!

I tried telling Sken before I went that I could book a bounce back while there but he wasn't having it. He really wants to wait for Star Wars Land to be open before we go back. I also would like a disposable Disney fund!

It was so fun! And hearing her talk about it afterwards was awesome because she felt so spoiled for her Birthday, which was awesome!

Thank you!! I really can't wait! I also think that will be the turning factor for Sken too, seeing the happiness in a child's eyes! He will be a fanatic in no time!

We are expecting! Around November 2nd this world will be welcoming a new Disney fan! We are so beyond excited! I've already asked Sken if we can celebrate Baby's first birthday in Disney! So next time we go back, we will get to see the magic though the eyes of a child and I cannot even wait!!!
Congrats! It'll be so much fun with a Disney baby!

And hey, maybe you'll be able to get away for a "babymoon" at disney!

And hey, maybe you'll be able to get away for a "babymoon" at disney!
This is actually great advice!!! Not sure why I didn't think of suggesting that :) Rob and I went on a Babymoon to Disney over the spring before Jimmy was born. It was the first time I had ever taken it easy at Disney and built in time for relaxing by the pool, etc. It was really an amazing trip, just the two of us before becoming the three of us :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter