There are more of my kind!

I'm here and looking forward to following along with your plans!

Did you decide what to do about the earlier flight? I would say go for it, but I'm not used to traveling with children and I can see how that might make things more complicated (you have a point about needed those diapers!)

Glad to hear you're getting your foot surgery done well ahead of the trip! I have a bone spur that really can't be corrected and I know all too well how much a foot problem can make walking around Disney no fun at all!

I think we may wing it (haha wing for a flight haha). We have to be there early for my parents anyways so we can try. I still worry about baggage making it.
Foot pain can put a stop to so much, I waited too long and could hardly walk after working all day.

Man are we birds of a feather! I'm a teacher and have the whole summer off (which I should be having a growth removed from just above my left eye!) but I won't see the dermatologist because I'm afraid he'll tell me to stay out of the sun. With our first WDW trip in early August, well.... yeah! That just ain't happenin'! :lmao:

Hey we have to get our priorities straight, this is disney we are talking about!:thumbsup2

Wow foot surgery, hope you are healing quickly! Is it hard looking after the kids?

I would be too nervous to try for stand-by on the earlier flight but if you're at the airport anyway why not? It's not like your luggage won't make it to FL, just maybe on the later flight. Make sure you have stuff you need ready in your carry-ons.

Wow foot surgery, hope you are healing quickly! Is it hard looking after the kids?

I would be too nervous to try for stand-by on the earlier flight but if you're at the airport anyway why not? It's not like your luggage won't make it to FL, just maybe on the later flight. Make sure you have stuff you need ready in your carry-ons.

My 13 month old is a nightmare to chase around, we have the house barricaded for him! My mom is helping. I get around good now but I need to wear a special boot, 3 more weeks til normal shoes:cool1:

If my luggage makes it late does Magical express still look for it?:confused3

I went to open a photobucket account so I can share pics and tshirt designs but I can't upload anything:headache:
I used to be computer savy:mad:
We did have an earthquake here in upstate NY a little bit ago!! Wow! Well it was over the boarder in Canada but felt here.

keyes1211

Ok see if this works from our 2007 trip

I went to open a photobucket account so I can share pics and tshirt designs but I can't upload anything:headache:
I used to be computer savy:mad:
We did have an earthquake here in upstate NY a little bit ago!! Wow! Well it was over the boarder in Canada but felt here.

I have to be honest with you... picasa (by Google) is SO AMAZING with uploading and storing pictures! Easy, easy, easy. Just go to google and type in picasa web albums- you'll see what I mean. I actually have picasa controlling all of my pics on my computer now- even the ones I don't want to upload/share (and all I had to do was say "Yes") :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have to be honest with you... picasa (by Google) is SO AMAZING with uploading and storing pictures! Easy, easy, easy. Just go to google and type in picasa web albums- you'll see what I mean. I actually have picasa controlling all of my pics on my computer now- even the ones I don't want to upload/share (and all I had to do was say "Yes") :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks on my way! The photobucket thing, I clicked insert image in my post and put the link in but nothin!
I need a google account for the pisca so I am going to create one!

Yes, felt the earthquake here at work! I'm on the 8th floor so we shook pretty good for about 15 seconds!

Can't wait to see your pics!

Thanks on my way! The photobucket thing, I clicked insert image in my post and put the link in but nothin!
I need a google account for the pisca so I am going to create one!

You are going to :love:LOVE:love: it! -Stace

Ok so reading other PTR (CamsmomE) gave me tshirt ideas. I sent some messages out looking for help, got ideas and started designing.
I came up with a t-shirt design that the whole family likes yeah!!
Now the drama.....
My husband and mother don't get along so well. I think if she has a suggestion he will automatically dislike it...
He wants our families shirt to say our last name on the top and they can out theirs on theirs. ( I don't think I have ever written theirs 2x so close before!) She is saying just put Disney and no names on it.
She has now come up with a different idea all together, her neighbor does shirts as a business. She wants a nicer shirt (polo) and small embroidered on the pocket area. A little more expensive, nicer looking, can where again. We would still all have the same shirt and cheaper then having another place do them.
My DH automatically hates it, it was her idea after all.....:mad:
Not sure what to do now? Maybe I can make those iron transfer ones for the end of vacation when my parents leave:confused3

Ok so reading other PTR (CamsmomE) gave me tshirt ideas. I sent some messages out looking for help, got ideas and started designing.
I came up with a t-shirt design that the whole family likes yeah!!
Now the drama.....
My husband and mother don't get along so well. I think if she has a suggestion he will automatically dislike it...
He wants our families shirt to say our last name on the top and they can out theirs on theirs. ( I don't think I have ever written theirs 2x so close before!) She is saying just put Disney and no names on it.
She has now come up with a different idea all together, her neighbor does shirts as a business. She wants a nicer shirt (polo) and small embroidered on the pocket area. A little more expensive, nicer looking, can where again. We would still all have the same shirt and cheaper then having another place do them.
My DH automatically hates it, it was her idea after all.....:mad:
Not sure what to do now? Maybe I can make those iron transfer ones for the end of vacation when my parents leave:confused3

I think the iron on's are so much more fun, but sometimes we have to compromise. Why don't you wear the fancy embroidered polos to a nice table service dinner and make sure you get a photo... then wear the iron-on ones into the park (when you are sweaty and having a blast) ?? :confused3 ??

P.S. thanks for the shout out! I feel like a celebrity now :flower3:

forgot to tell you, we're also doing the nicer "personalized" (by disneystore.com) on our last day, when we meet up with some other DIS moms :cool1: But... you know me, Cameran now has THREE iron-on shirts :laughing: and I'm just getting warmed up.

forgot to tell you, we're also doing the nicer "personalized" (by disneystore.com) on our last day, when we meet up with some other DIS moms :cool1: But... you know me, Cameran now has THREE iron-on shirts :laughing: and I'm just getting warmed up.

Aaron has all sorts of t shirt plans, we will make them together for sure. I am happy at least that the agreement so far is on my design.:cool1:

Day 4
I am thinking of a repeat of day 3, DHS in AM for EMH then head over to Epcot as day progresses. Dinner at Coral Reef, looking forward to this one!

Since TSM at HS seems to always have a huge line, I figure we can do the EMH and ride it again. This may be the only way to ride it multiple times.
Ok I am so nuts that I have a wait time app on my ipod and check it OFTEN. I see the daily wait even in "off" times.
My parents have a ADR at Rose and Crown this night so heading to Epcot later really works for everyone.

We have been offered some adult time from the parents, so this may be a great day to jump on that! Although my DH always says he hates to do anything without the kids:confused3 BOOOO I will take advantage of a few minutes to not worry about diapers and I want I want I want!

Side note I have a dear friend who lives in Las Vegas and we live in NY. I can NOT convince my DH to go for a long weekend to visit with out kids. He is just like that I guess. Vegas here I come alone!

Day 5

HS again, we have a Fantasmic dinner package booked for 420. We chose Momma Melrose for dinner. I have not heard great things about Hollywood and Vine or Momma's but we figure Italian food can't go too wrong!

After the day at HS we may take advantage of Mom and Dad time and go to MK for EMH. By the way do you have to be in the park when they start or can you arrive anytime?

Day 6 AK all day and then Downtown Disney for Trex ADR. My parents are going to Raglan Rd and they leave in the morning:sad2:

I have trouble with AK and I am not sure why. I always feel claustrophobic and overheated. I am glad that they are not open as long as the other parks. We have one more day (or part of one) here with breakfast. There are rides I like here, but I find my nerves get raw quicker and I can not even turn around without being in someone's way!

Getting to a different point in the emotion/excitement for our trip. I was bubbling over but now have reached a little depressed. My planning is done, I can't pack (we leave in 85 days and kind of need our summer stuff!). What else can I do? I said to my husband yesterday "If we really plan on going every other year maybe we should think about DVC'.

He said he agreed. Awesome, but no way of affording it this year (we need to buy a car). Not gonna consider it until next trip. So depression that we have 85 LONG days left. No more planning:sad2: I can't talk about it anymore with the travel party, they have heard enough!
Now what!?

Ok borrowing an idea I got from Ali, I am going to make a top 10 list. I made one and my DS (7) made one as well.

Top Ten Things my DS looks forward to on this trip!
1. Trying Tower of Terror- Last trip he was a little young and did not try this ride, this time he is sure he will love it (after all both of his cousins rode it and loved it, he must as well!) Fine with me this our favorite ride!!

2. Seeing the Mouse again!

3. Riding the airplane, how cool is that for a 7 year old. This is on a list of mine but for different reasons!

4. Trying Splash Mountain. Again, he was afraid to try this last time in 2007. He has watched the you tube video of this ride and is excited. He also is driving us crazy with questions about "Songs of the South".

5. Gotta find Tigger! Last trip Tigger was the only one we missed. Twice we stood in line and when the characters took a break Tigger did not come back!

6. Haunted Mansion, we went on this over and over! He also has a whole bunch of imaginary movies he made up (200 episodes) of "Aaron and the Haunted Mansion".

7. Hall of Presidents- I love this one, Aaron slept through it last time so I think he is putting this on in honor of me!

8. Buzz Lightyear ride, again over and over!

9. Toy Story Mania, can't wait to try this one!

10. Space Mountain-Same as before, was afraid to try it last time.

Next up my Top 10.....:cool1:

Ok so I listed my son's top 10 now here are mine! There are some of his I would also include so I picked different ones!

1. Hoop Dee Doo- love this show, love the relaxing dinner and comfort food. We do this on the night we arrive and start the parks the next day, a great way to kick of Disney!

2. MNSSHP- the whole reason for a fall trip!

3. Magical Express- nothing like dredging through the airport, waiting for gates....then climb on the bus and relax, it is all taken care of! Last time we were nervous, would our luggage really come? Now we know it worked so it will be easy living!

4. Ohana- This has gotten really mixed reviews but none the less I am really excited about eating dinner here. If I had more TS credits I would come back for breakfast too!;)

5. Having my parents share the magic. Yes we went as kids so they know the feeling. After our last trip my DS said to grandma "I can't wait to show you Disney". It melted our hearts that he wanted to share it with them so badly!

6. Staying at POP! I like it alot last trip. Next trip we are talking a moderate so I am looking forward to a last POP stay!

7. Tiki Room- One of my Favs from childhood.

8. Boo to you parade at MNSSHP- the BEST parade I have ever seen. This is one not to miss!

9. Thunder Rail Road- yes I am looking forward to it, it was closed last time. But my DS asked me to list this.

10. More time on this vacation, we are staying 4 days longer!

Next up 10 things I am NOT looking forward to!:lmao:

Ok some of these things are really small petty items, but something had to go here!

1. It's a small world is closed! Normally I could care less but we have a 1 year old this trip and it would be right for him.

2. Airplane with 1 year old!!! My DS listed airplane as a top 10, I am dreading this!

3. Airplane with 1 year old!!

4. Waiting for buses when leaving the park to come back to hotel.

5. Toontown (according to DS)

6. Too many places to eat with not so much time, money, stomach room!

7. The inevitable headache my DH will get in heat/sun!

8. Did I mention airplane with 1 year old!

9. Having to tip this trip (last time it was included)

10. Leaving at the end (however that means planning again for next trip).
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter