There and Back Again: A Land and Sea Disney Christmas Tale! *DECEMBER TRIP - UPDATED 2/18*

Day 4: Holiday Wishes From California Grill!

I would make my way back to the Contemporary Resort where I would wait to go back up to California Grill to watch an awesome firework show!

It was the first night of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom which means it was the first night of Holiday Wishes!

California Grill would let those that dined earlier that evening up to the observation deck about 10 minutes before the fireworks show.

The view from the California Grill Observation Deck is amazing!

Cinderella Castle!

Magic Kingdom Ferry Boat.

Eventually, Holiday Wishes would begin!

Enjoy some pictures of the show:

The 180-degree fireworks finale is absolutely incredible to view from this location!

Holiday Wishes is absolutely incredible from this location. Any night that the Magic Kingdom is doing a night with the 180-degree fireworks finale, I recommend getting a dining reservation at California Grill! Seeing Happily Ever After from this location is not worth it in my opinion.

After the firework show, I would spend about 15 minutes on the observation deck before leaving California Grill.

This was an awesome night!!!

I would then make my way to my rental car, drive back to All-Star Movies, and get ready for another busy day.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Holiday Wishes Finale From California Grill!

Here is a video of the Holiday Wishes Fireworks Spectacular finale from the top of the Contemporary Resort! I would get this video by eating at the California Grill restaurant this evening. This view offers an incredible view of the 180-degree fireworks finale that this show has!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

California Grill - Holiday Wishes - Finale!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World vacation!

Day 5: My Favorite Theme Park + Up Close With Rhinos Tour!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 5 of my Walt Disney World vacation!

I would start my day very early by heading to the Disney Car Center to return my rental car. Alamo would then transport me to my first Theme Park of the day which was Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

I would arrive an hour and a half before the park opened and there was 4 people ahead of me in line!

This was the earliest I have ever been at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

The crowd would soon begin to come in.

Disney would open the park about 45 minutes before the official opening time.

If I got to the park this early, of course I was heading to Pandora!

I was glad that I was toward the front of the pack!

They would eventually open Pandora about 25-30 minutes early, and I would be within the first 30 people in line for Flight of Passage.

This land continues to amaze me!

I noticed the original Single Rider “Black Covering” sign was replaced with a sign that says Ace on it.

I was ready to ride one of my favorite attractions!

After riding the attraction, I got to exit on the side with James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Joe Rohde’s handprints!

I would get off of the attraction at about 9:05 a.m. 5 minutes after park opening.

It was definitely a beautiful morning in Pandora!

I would then make my way towards Asia where I would pass by the Tree of Life!

It was time to ride Expedition Everest!

Outside the new bird show, there are statues of Russell and Dug from Up. These statues might terrify me a little.

It was time for me to see my favorite Theme Park show! That is the Festival of the Lion King!

After I experience a great show, I would then adventure into Africa where I would get to try a brand new experience!

I would make my way to the Animal Tours booth, because I was booked for the Up Close With Rhinos Tour!

This was a brand new tour that started just a few days before I was able to work it into my schedule. So, I was really excited to give it a try!

Due to the nature of the tour being completely backstage, I was not able to take pictures of this experience.

The tour would start by walking backstage towards a bus they had waiting for us. We would board the bus and our bus driver would give us several facts about Disney’s Animal Kingdom while he drove us to the Rhino facilities.

We would arrive where we were greeted by animal caretakers and what looked to be a manager. The manager was probably wanting to make sure that this new experience was a great one or something.

We would then have two rhino caretakers talk to us about the different rhinos. It was really cool, because they gave us a “family tree” description of the rhinos that they have on the savannah.

We would then walk around to where they had a rhino waiting to greet us. This was a really cool experience because we were standing about 5-10 feet away from the rhino as it enjoyed an afternoon snack.

The best part of the tour was definitely getting to pet a rhino. Yep…I GOT TO PET A RHINO!!! That was awesome, and it was definitely strange to touch them. Not the “feeling” sensation that I would have thought.

The caretakers would then talk to us about how they train the rhinos, and we were then given the opportunity to ask as many questions as we would like (as time allowed).

We would spend about 40-45 minutes at the rhino facility before we would make our way back to Africa and away from backstage.

The tour lasted about an hour, and for the price, it was definitely a cool experience. I would honestly prefer this tour over the Caring For Giants Tour (elephants). I learned a lot more about rhinos on this day than I ever have before, and they are really cool animals to view up close.

I would then leave Disney’s Animal Kingdom and head to my next theme park of the day!

More in my next post!

Day 5: A Quick Trip To Hollywood And Around The World!

I would then make my way to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. That is because I needed to get something for DIS friend, and I would decide to get lunch in this park.

After getting my friends item, I would make my way to Toy Story Land where I would decide to get lunch at Woody’s Lunchbox.

I would get the brisket sandwich which is outstanding!

As I would exit the park, I noticed that the Christmas tree was now up in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

The lagoon was also decorated with Christmas ornaments.

After a quick hour in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I would begin walking to EPCOT.

I would arrive at the International Gateway entrance to EPCOT!

You probably guessed it again. I was on my way to the American Adventure to listen to the Voices of Liberty!

It was then time to walk around the world and exit EPCOT. As I was walking towards the exit of World Showcase, the EPCOT Christmas Tree was now up!

The paneling on the side of the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction building was definitely progressing.

It was then time to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom!!!

I would be attending my first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party this evening, and I was so excited!!!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!

Here are some videos that I filmed of the Voices of Liberty on this day. I hope that you enjoy them!

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Voices of Liberty - “You’ll Never Walk Alone!”

One of my favorite songs that the Voices of Liberty sing!

Voices of Liberty - “Armed Forces Medley!”

Thank you to those of you who have served or are currently serving in our Nation’s Armed Forces!

Voices of Liberty - “My Country Tis Of Thee/Penny!”

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Glad you enjoyed the tour. I did as well. Which rhinos did you meet?

Love the DHS decor.

Epcot is the only tree I haven't seen. It is always down in January when I get there.

Glad you enjoyed the tour. I did as well. Which rhinos did you meet?

Love the DHS decor.

Epcot is the only tree I haven't seen. It is always down in January when I get there.
I tried to remember the rhino's name that I met. We only got to meet one of them...I do know that it was the oldest one I believe that basically controls the group of rhinos there and does what she wants on occasion.

I really started to enjoy the DHS decor this year. I'm excited to get over there soon to see it at night.

The EPCOT tree is always down on or prior to New Years Eve.

I tried to remember the rhino's name that I met. We only got to meet one of them...I do know that it was the oldest one I believe that basically controls the group of rhinos there and does what she wants on occasion.

I really started to enjoy the DHS decor this year. I'm excited to get over there soon to see it at night.

The EPCOT tree is always down on or prior to New Years Eve.
Was it a white rhino? We met Lola and Helen. Helen is the one we got to touch.

Yeah I know the Epcot tree goes down for the fireworks. Just hope one of these years I can see it.

Was it a white rhino? We met Lola and Helen. Helen is the one we got to touch.

Yeah I know the Epcot tree goes down for the fireworks. Just hope one of these years I can see it.
It was a white rhino. Thank you for sparking my brain. I got to meet Helen. She was the only rhino in viewing distance. One of the males was hiding in another part outside, but couldn't really see him.

That tour sounds fun. A Disney tour is definitely a bucket list item for me.

Do the VOL Cast Members all know you?
I would say that it depends. It doesn't help that I'm from out of town. So, I would say most of the full-time VOL singers know who I am. If there are any replacements that day, some of them know who I am but not everybody.

Day 5: A Sold-Out Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - Part 1!

I would arrive at the Magic Kingdom, and I was so excited for this evening. That is because I was attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for the first time! I attended the party on November 9th. This was the 2nd Christmas Party of the 2018 season.

I would get in and the process to get my wristband was very easy.

It feels like Christmas!!!

It was time to go through the bypass where I would get a lot of pictures of some life-size nutcrackers!

It was time to get my first cookie of the party!

I would then arrive on Main Street.

The map for this years party!

I would then make my way to Frontierland where I would get the pins that I was wanting, as well as, pins for a DISer.

I would then have a fastness for Splash Mountain! Splash Mountain was having some issues this evening. So, the wait time was longer than normal.

After I rode Splash Mountain, the park was getting ready to close to normal day guests and the line for Big Thunder Railroad wasn’t that long. So, I made my way into the line to ride my favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom.

It was then time for dinner, and I chose to eat at Columbia Harbour House!

I would get the fish and shrimp plate.

Uh…It’s the Christmas Party!!! Not the Halloween Party!!!

My view while I ate dinner.

After dinner, I walked over to where Mary Poppins and Bert meet. There was only 10 people in line and they were starting in 20 minutes.

It was now time for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to begin, and I got my picture with Mary Poppins and Bert!!!

It was then time to make my way down Main Street to get my picture with a certain Mouse. All of the lights were on Main Street, and it was snowing. Therefore, I was full with joy and happiness at this moment.

I would make my way into the Main Street Theater.

This is where I would get in line to meet Mickey Mouse with his Christmas outfit. I would wait about 20 minutes.

I would then make my way down Main Street and towards Adventureland!

In Adventureland, I was on a search for a character that only likes to roam around. So, I was on a search for a character in a green outfit that likes to fly.

I found him!!! It’s Peter Pan!!!

More in my next post!

Day 5: A Sold Out Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - Part 2!

It was time for me to go into my first treat station right by Pirates of the Caribbean.

I had a little bit of a wait where I would get a pretzel and shave ice.

Both of these were good. I just wish the pretzel wasn’t plain. Maybe add a little bit of cinnamon or something. I like pretzels so it wasn’t much of a complaint.

I would then make my way to the Hub to watch Frozen Holiday Wish. This is the show where they light Cinderella Castle with thousands of lights!

It wasn’t long before Elsa, Anna, Olaf, and Kristoff made their way to the stage.

It was then complete. Elsa would light the castle for the rest of the evening!

I was filming the Castle Lighting, but my phone would begin to have issues for the rest of the night with filming. So, I only got 1/4 of the Castle Lighting. I’ll be back at Walt Disney World again soon, and I will post a video of the Castle Lighting when my official updates begin for my December Trip Report.

Tonight’s party was sold out, and this is where I started to really feel the crowds. There were people already waiting for the first parade, and then there were people wanting to exit the Hub. It was a complete madhouse. It was so crazy, I just got out of there as fast as I could and decided to skip the first parade. So, I made my way by the side of the Castle.

I would then make my way into my next treat station inside Cosmic Rays.

This is where you get a snickerdoodle cookie (I think) and hot chocolate. Both were really good.

I had some time to kill before my next show. So, I would escape the crowds and ride the PeopleMover.

After a tour of Tomorrowland, I would make my way to the Tomorrowland Stage.

This is where I would see the new a capella group performing this year at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. They are called Edge Effect. One of the bass singers in the Voices of Liberty is the bass for this a capella group.

Edge Effect were good. I just don’t know if I liked some of their arrangements for their songs.

After a nice concert, I made my way to my next treat station. That was at the food area right by Winnie the Pooh and across from Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

I would get some chocolate candy and chilled apple cider. The apple cider was great!

It was then time to make my way to the Hub for this evenings presentation of Holiday Wishes!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Edge Effect A Capella Group!

Here are a few videos of the new A Capella group performing at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. They are called Edge Effect. One of the basses for the Voices of Liberty is the bass for this a cappella group.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

MVMCP - Edge Effect - “Frosty the Snowman!”

MVMCP - Edge Effect - “Winter Wonderland!”

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

More in my next post!

Day 5: Holiday Wishes Fireworks Spectacular!

I would get a spot for Holiday Wishes in the Hub right by Main Street and along the rail.

I saw this show last night from California Grill, and it was spectacular! I was really excited to see it from inside the Magic Kingdom.

The show would eventually begin after waiting about 30 minutes for the show.

The finale of this show is absolutely incredible!!! The 180-degree fireworks finale is just breathtaking.

Holiday Wishes is probably my favorite Walt Disney World Fireworks Show behind the 4th of July Fireworks and New Years Eve fireworks now. This show is amazing. If you can watch it from the Hub, that is definitely the prime viewing spot. Make sure you are not up close to the Castle though since a lot of fireworks will be blocked from your view. I always try to stand around the area where Main Street meets with the Circle for the Hub.

The music for this show is what gets me. There is just something about watching fireworks with Christmas music. This was definitely a beautiful show!

I have my highlight video of Holiday Wishes posted below.

It was time to go and explorer more of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Holiday Wishes Fireworks Spectacular Highlights!

Here is my highlight video of Holiday Wishes which is the fireworks show during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! I really love Disney Christmas fireworks shows so much! Seeing the 180-degree finale in any show that has it will never get old!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

MVMCP - Holiday Wishes - Highlights!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Uh…It’s the Christmas Party!!! Not the Halloween Party!!!
Hehehe okay that's kinda funny

I would get some chocolate candy and chilled apple cider. The apple cider was great!
Was it actual apple cider or just apple juice? I purchased 'chilled apple cider' from MNSSHP and it was definitely just apple juice with ice cubes. I was super bummed!

Your posts on MVMCP are making me excited to get back there at Christmas time! It will be a couple of years, though so I'll just live vicariously through you :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter