The WOO's thoughts on being a Magic Key holder

Personally, I think that cloud cover might have been high altitude smoke and ash from northern fires?? It was a very strange sky for us that afternoon and through sunset.

Yeah, he’s right about that same day cancellation thing.

I assume they are worried that a substantial number of people would cancel and that those reservations would not be snapped back up, leaving the park “overstaffed”. I don’t know. It is kinda weird.
I think you’re right. I think they’re worried that people would abuse making reservations and cancelling them same day without any kind of penalty.

Anyone watch this whole thing who might be willing to summarize it? Might be some good information, but 25 minutes to tell me why it's not a good deal isn't something I'm up for right now. :)
You now have to plan when you’re visiting in advance. You can’t just decide at 5:00 that you want to go over and ride Mr. Toad’s.

I am guessing this is not shocking to you.

Also if this how vlogs are, I’m never watching another one because GOOD GRIEF GET TO THE POINT.

Anyone watch this whole thing who might be willing to summarize it? Might be some good information, but 25 minutes to tell me why it's not a good deal isn't something I'm up for right now. :)
Sure thing. He is basically saying he regrets buying it because he can’t wake up in the morning, or be nearby in the afternoon and just go to the parks because of the reservation system. He also does not like making a reservation and then not been able to cancel it on the same day. He claims that you can do this in Florida (cancel same day). He is also claiming that there may be many people (high hundreds he said) who don’t turn up for their reservation or go to the parks, scan in and leave making that reservation unavailable to others. He also does not like the fact that if you miss 3 reservations in a 90 day period, you are blocked from making further reservations for 30 days. He says some of these people on their “3rd strike” have to drive there, park, walk a mile, scan in and leave immediately to avoid the 30 day blockout. He got some of the facts wrong but that was the gist, it doesn’t suit his desire for spontaneity having to plan his visits in advance. He was saying you’d need to plan 2-3 weeks in advance but of course, that is not entirely true and a bit of an exaggeration.

Oh and he also said these were his feelings and it would probably be easier for those that are happy to plan in advance. But he also said he wasn’t alone in his opinion although no details on that.

Sure thing. He is basically saying he regrets buying it because he can’t wake up in the morning, or be nearby in the afternoon and just go to the parks because of the reservation system. He also does not like making a reservation and then not been able to cancel it on the same day. He claims that you can do this in Florida (cancel same day). He is also claiming that there may be many people (high hundreds he said) who don’t turn up for their reservation or go to the parks, scan in and leave making that reservation unavailable to others. He also does not like the fact that if you miss 3 reservations in a 90 day period, you are blocked from making further reservations for 30 days. He says some of these people on their “3rd strike” have to drive there, park, walk a mile, scan in and leave immediately to avoid the 30 day blockout. He got some of the facts wrong but that was the gist, it doesn’t suit his desire for spontaneity having to plan his visits in advance. He was saying you’d need to plan 2-3 weeks in advance but of course, that is not entirely true and a bit of an exaggeration.

Oh and he also said these were his feelings and it would probably be easier for those that are happy to plan in advance. But he also said he wasn’t alone in his opinion although no details on that.
Did he not know all of this before he bought the Magic Key? If not, he seems like a worthless vlogger to follow because why would anyone want to follow a Disney vlogger who did not know any of this easy to find, basic information, before he bought it.

Did he not know all of this before he bought the Magic Key? If not, he seems like a worthless vlogger to follow because why would anyone want to follow a Disney vlogger who did not know any of this easy to find, basic information, before he bought it.

He should have but he is in that category of people who sometimes act before they think and make assumptions rather than read T&C’s. He can be entertaining but if you are looking for well informed rather than go with the flow type of stuff, look elsewhere.

One thing he fails to mention is that even a Dream Key holder only has to visit a dozen or so times a year to get their money back vs buying day tickets. Less if you take into account Keys are parkhoppers and the Dream Key includes parking.

Also if this how vlogs are, I’m never watching another one because GOOD GRIEF GET TO THE POINT.
Omg, right??? I cannot with this guy, lol. He lost me somewhere around describing how and why he chose the sunglasses he was wearing (including who bought them for him and where they were stored prior to selecting them for this outing) 😆

“This thing has limitations to it and I don’t like it, even though those limitations were very clearly articulated before I made the purchase. But here is a 25 minute video with ads in it so I can make 4x the actual cost of the pass while complaining about the pass for reasons you already knew”

I like the Woo, but all of his complaints are clearly stated when purchasing a pass. The pass works for me because I plan my visits in advance.

Disney has limited the going on a whim people. As someone who is not fond of the Friday night crowd at Disney there still seems to be a lot more opportunities for those people to go. They just won't be able to go every day. Which quite frankly doesn't seem healthy anyway.

I don't have a problem with the 'no day of' MK cancellation policy. You have until midnight the day before your reservation to cancel. This hopefully will discourage M-Keys from booking 'just in case' they want to go then deciding at 10 am the day of that they just aren't feeling it.

Obviously there will be occasions when someone has an emergency and that's regrettable, but I'm sure that will be few and far between. Adam's complaint that he can't cancel 'same day' if he gets 'a better offer' (my words) is exactly what Disney is trying to avoid.

As far as the no show '3 strikes' policy, to me it's no different than a hotel charging you if you don't show up for a reserved hotel room. If you don't have a penalty, then you really don't have a policy, do you? Again it's to avoid M-Keys from making reservations cavalierly with the idea they can just not show up if they change their minds last minute.

As far as Adam expressing dissatisfaction when he was aware of the policies, as Super Chicken said to Fred "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!".

Last edited:
You now have to plan when you’re visiting in advance. You can’t just decide at 5:00 that you want to go over and ride Mr. Toad’s.

I am guessing this is not shocking to you.

Yeah he's one of those vloggers who likes to make things overly dramatic as possible.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter