The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal won't be getting any more money from us for a very long time. At least not the theme park. Buying movie tickets for November 19th, absolutely. :thumbsup2

Mary

Warner Bros. makes the Harry Potter movies, so yeah, looks like Universal won't be getting any more money from you soon! lol

Thanks so much for your replies...We are huge fans of HP but it will have to be pretty amazing to match the Disney magic. I am crossing my fingers that it will calm down come January. We visited WDW the same week in 2008 and for the most part we did not need a touring plan, except for Toy Story Mania and a few other heavy hitters. I also hope IOA has some dry, kid-friendly attractions once we do the Forbidden Journey and the smaller of the two coasters. We're booking today!!:wizard:

How old are your kids? I'm assuming they're young. IOA has Dr. Seuss land which is themed after the Dr. Seuss books. 4 rides, but in the One fish Two fish ride, there is a chance of getting wet.

I need some help please!!!!! We willl be visiting WWoHP on December 17th and are completely clueless!!!! Will they be busy?? What time should we arrive?? How long should it take to see everything?? Do we need dining ressies??

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!! And any tips and suggestions would help too!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Can anyone help????

I need some help please!!!!! We willl be visiting WWoHP on December 17th and are completely clueless!!!! Will they be busy?? What time should we arrive?? How long should it take to see everything?? Do we need dining ressies??

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!! And any tips and suggestions would help too!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Expect WWOHP to be busy. Get there at rope drop. You can see everything in about 3 hours if you get there at rope drop drop. Yes you need dining ressies for 3 Broomsticks.

If you are staying on site you'll be able to get into the park an hour before opening. If you want to see the 5 minute Ollivander's wand shop show, do that first thing then go to Forbidden Journey. You won't have problems with FOTH and DC. You will have problems with the shops. Have fun. Get the frozen Butterbeer.

iluvwdw4ever.... we were there in August, got there an hour before the rope drop, they had everyone going to HP stand in a line and they gave us tickets to present at the entry of HP to keep people from line jumping.
For the Forbidden Joureny...if you can do without anything big like a backpack you can skip the locker room otherwise you end up in a line to put your stuff in a locker (fanny packs seemed to be fine), take your camera! There are so many cool things to take pictures of!
I agree with Albytaps, get the frozen Butterbeer! So good! :goodvibes
We didn't have reservations for the Three Broomsticks and got in, great themeing in there too! They are very organized in helping you find a seat.
We rode the Dueling Dragons (I think that is the name), very intense ride!
There are lines to get into the stores so you will wait to get into them. Once you are in they are crowded but managable. We picked up some chocolate frogs at Honeydukes, took lots of pictures!
The crowds were beyond belief by the time we left, for sure go first thing in the morning.
At MCO there is a HP store so if you forget something or don't want to mess with the lines you can find a good assortment of things at the airport.
Have a great time!

iluvwdw4ever.... we were there in August,

When exactly in August were you there: early, mid, late? We are going for one day in mid-December and I am trying to get a feel for the crowds. We are staying DVC and have only done Universal in the past while staying onsite. I am so gonna miss that. :sad1:

Thanks!

Thanks!!!!!

Be sure to check out the Harry Potter Crowd Report thread because people are posting their experiences with the crowds and that might give you an idea. For the most part, though, the crowds now seem to be following similar patterns to that at WDW. I've never been to WDW or IOA in December, but I would think it would be pretty busy.

The worst lines tend to be at Ollivander's for the little show. If you want to see it, either use early entry (if you are staying on site) or be prepared for a wait or hope for good luck.
The castle lines can get long for FJ, but they move quickly. Once you've seen the castle and ridden FJ once, your best bet is to use the single rider line if people want to try it again. It is usually much quicker. DON'T WAIT in the locker line if there is one. Instead, head to the right of the castle, through Filch's Emporium and enter the lockers that way. It will save you a lot of time.
If the line at the butterbeer cart is long, try the Hog's Head bar. They also serve it there.
You can't make reservations to eat at The Three Broomsticks. It is a couner service. There may be a wait to get in, though. I think the only place at IOA that takes reservations is Mythos if you want to eat there, but I'm not sure. There may be others, but not in WWOHP.

As for how long, that is up to you. The area is small, and you could probably see everything in a couple of hours. But, we spent many hours there, taking in all the details, trying all the beverages, taking tons of photos etc...

Thanks!!!!!

For the Three Broomsticks, you do not need reservations for lunch and dinner. What's nice about this restaurant is that after you get your food, the TM's find a table for you.

If you have the Harry Potter package, then the breakfast is included and you'll need to make reservations. There have been reports of non package holders getting lucky and able to eat breakfast at Three Broomsticks since the restaurant wasn't full that morning.

When exactly in August were you there: early, mid, late? We are going for one day in mid-December and I am trying to get a feel for the crowds. We are staying DVC and have only done Universal in the past while staying onsite. I am so gonna miss that. :sad1:

Thanks!

We were there August 19th. It was very crowded but we are so glad we went, you really do feel like you are in Hogsmeade! We were staying off property so didn't get the advantage of early entry. I think if you just know there will be crowds and decide that that's ok then it won't be too bad. I hope you have a great time!! :thumbsup2

We were there August 19th. It was very crowded but we are so glad we went, you really do feel like you are in Hogsmeade! We were staying off property so didn't get the advantage of early entry. I think if you just know there will be crowds and decide that that's ok then it won't be too bad. I hope you have a great time!! :thumbsup2

We were at the HRH from Aug. 19th to 26th. I think the 22nd was the first day we went to IOA (did DC and SW first). Anyway, the crowds seemed to fluctuate greatly from not too bad to a huge line snaking through Jurassic Park just to get in. One thing that seemed to affect things greatly, was how well the technology was working. Our first morning, the had FJ up and running at 8 am and there were no glitches. The crowds were quite manageable that day. On a couple of other days though, the ride broke down or wasn't running at all. Without the ride running, people were doing other things (like shop, ride the coasters, drink butterbeer etc...) which made the place pretty unbearable and caused lines for everything, even just to get in the shops where you couldn't move. :scared1: Hopefully, the technology will work at the busier holiday times or things could get crazy!

We are heading in to Orlando late 11/26. We thought we would check out HP on Saturday, Nov. 27th before checking in at WDW but I am worried about the Thanksgiving crowds?:scared1: We had been to US & IOP 2 years ago and on other previous trips, so whatever else I see will be a bonus. Any idea of how the Thanksgiving Crowds usually are? :confused3 We usually check in to WDW on Sunday and most people are heading home!! I am afraid if we wait until later in our trip, we will never make it to HP.:sad2:

I don't think what time of year you go wwohp is going to be busy and even though I don't care for Harry Potter I have to admitt they did a awsome job with the themeing even though it was a mad house when I went in july :thumbsup2

I love the movie Harry Potter, its graphics, effects is great!! So thanks for opening this thread... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!