The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what facade they are going to use to cover the "big box"? It makes the castle look so small when compared to it the aerials above :confused3

heh, look at the aerials of Haunted Mansion or Soarin' sometime...(then again, you CAN see Soarin' pretty easily in much of Epcot, at least it's painted sky blue)

We're going the first week of June 2010! I don't see how it will be open by then by the looks of the construction!! :scared:

Really? Looking at this I'm wondering if we'll see previews in February, they're doing a lot of work very quickly.

Courtesy of BriMan, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

BriMan said:
Update from today:

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

Courtesy of Manfrommagicland, Shellemonster, Orlando United

Manfrommagicland said:
I've been told that the warehouse erected beside Flying Unicorn was built for testing the ride vehicles and various effects before placing them in the actual show building. There are two ways of bringing large effects, vehicles, and pieces of machinery into the show building, one of them is directly across from the testing facility and one is near the JP service gate.

Shellemonster said:
That is an older post, but I was about to flip out over this building I thought I had just discovered. I just noticed it on the outskirts of the aerial fly by footage posted earlier. You can see it in the upper left corner of this picture:

%C2%A9_Barcroft_Media_%2812%29.jpg

It is a really large building! I'm suprised no one has tried to get spy shots from there.

Can we not upload our own pictures? I made a photobucket to do this...

I know the concept art has been rehashed many many times, but I noticed that there is a legitimate building with light coming out of the front located behind the Flying Unicorn. There is no building there now and the closest thing to it is the testing shed. I wonder if it's somehow part of the hippogriff experience, since the flying unicorn station remains generally untouched in the other concept art?

buidling.png

and for those who cared, the arrow indicated the area of likely future expansion. There is a dead end path in that concept art and on the marauder's map style park map. There is plenty of space for a minor expansion back there.

We are just in the process of planning a springish trip to FL and wondered about opening dates. The website just says "spring 2010" but we would like to hit the park when HP is open as we don't get south that often. Does anyone have any idea when this might be? A web search doesn't bring up the information.

Melissa

We are just in the process of planning a springish trip to FL and wondered about opening dates. The website just says "spring 2010" but we would like to hit the park when HP is open as we don't get south that often. Does anyone have any idea when this might be? A web search doesn't bring up the information.

Melissa
Sorry...no exact date has been announced.

Courtesy of Harry Fan, Disneyhead, Orlando United

Harry Fan said:
This is off topic but where does this piece go? I at first thought it was the arch at the end of Hosmeade, but it looks like the already are making that arch on site. Maybe to test the snow effect on buildings?

Also doesn't the snow look grey on the hogsmeade station roof? I really like the snow on the picture above and hope the snow in Hogsmeade looks like that.

Disneyhead said:
That building isn't actually going to be in the wwohp. It is a mock up that the Nassal Co. built to get the contract.

Courtesy of BJCool, Orlando United

BJCool said:
Actors' comments on the theme park from Canadian magazine.........The Magazine. What an original name :lol:.

Scans from Snitchseeker:
magazine002.jpg
Image1%7E50.jpg

What have you heard about the HP amusement park?
Tom Felton: We are going there in May?
Bonnie Wright: We're looking forward very much to seeing what that's all about...They're making it so as a fan of the book, I'm intrigued to go down and see it... I think it's the idea that it's not like when you go to Disney and you can get Mickey Mouse...they're just having wizards and dragons and more of the generic experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter