The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

First, the hotels/expedia "great deal" that people have been talking about for the past month or so was almost certainly never real.

And you are correct.

Hotels dot com now emailed saying... "We’re writing to inform you of an incident related to your recent booking at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek made through Hotels.com. We’ve become aware of fraudulent activity regarding your booking...."

In calling Hotels dot com they said the case notes show that someone who booked the offer arrived on site to the TIME SHARE property and they would not honor the reservation.

We've always had great Wi-Fi and yours is the first complaint I have seen.

Of course, problems can always come up. Also, if everyone starts streaming the World Cup at once, that could be another issue. What do the workers at the resort say?
We left this morning and returned and though slow, it came back up. DH blames it on my little laptop! Thanks for the reply! All good LOL!

I would agree with this, in that you need to trust the owner to feel "safe". If you have never met the owner or know them personally, then you have more risk. When we rented in October, the owner and I were in constant contact regarding my reservation up until my check in because I was concerned about the cancelling issue.

I have seen on tripadvisor a person's reservation cancelled even though it was booked through Extra Holidays, which is "supposed" to be WBC's own booking. The link for Extra Holidays is right on WBC main page.
tripadvisor review canceled Extra Holidays
There's no way to know if there were other issues with this poster's experience, but it was enough to raise a red flag for me when I was looking at Extra Holidays. Again, just my personal opinion.

Booking.com, hotels.com, vrbo and AirBnB all allow owners to list their properties. You still have the potential to run into an issue, IMO. Koala is another one, I remember seeing/hearing.

I get the impression that the only 100% guaranteed way to stay here without being an owner, or trading, is to book directly through WBC or buy a contract.

I don't own at WBC, I don't have a horse in this race as far as owners renting, but I have seen conflicting info., including on the TUG site where owners communicate. For me, it's not worth the risk.
We are new owners at WBC, 27 year owners at DVC. I would never offer my WBC points for rent as I would be horrified if one of my guests could not check in. We bought our WBC for next to nothing and compared to what we paid for our 500 or so DVC points, it is a great addition. There are free and almost free listings out there for purchase. Brian knows the ins and outs...I read many of his posts before we bought this summer - thank you!

Also, just reading about people having their bookings cancelled.

I only booked yesterday with Vacation Strategy. 6 nights 11-16th Dec 2022. Haven't received any confirmation as of yet, is this normal? Paranoid that my booking will be cancelled after some of the things I've read.

Could someone please tell me if shampoo, toilet rolls, dishwasher tablets etc are included in your stay? Can you just call up for more if you run out?
Yes, all are included, and yes you can call (or text front desk, even easier) for more whenever you need.

Also, just reading about people having their bookings cancelled.

I only booked yesterday with Vacation Strategy. 6 nights 11-16th Dec 2022. Haven't received any confirmation as of yet, is this normal? Paranoid that my booking will be cancelled after some of the things I've read.
December 11-16 is not during the Owner Priority Period and Vacation Strategies is pretty reputable. I wouldn’t worry too much.

December 11-16 is not during the Owner Priority Period and Vacation Strategies is pretty reputable. I wouldn’t worry too much.
Thank you! I have booked with them before and have never had any problems. Just reading about some cancellations got me worried.

I still haven't received confirmation of my booking though, is this normal do you know?

Thank you! I have booked with them before and have never had any problems. Just reading about some cancellations got me worried.

I still haven't received confirmation of my booking though, is this normal do you know?
I'm not sure as to your second question, I would just reach out to them and ask.

Well my 2 bedroom booking just got cancelled!
If you’re looking for a last minute replacement for December 11-16, Sheraton Vistana Resort has availability for that time period and if you are a Marriott Member of a AAA member you can get a 2 bedroom for about $850 before taxes and fees right through the Marriott site. We love WBC and SVR about equally. SVR is right outside Disney World and is a great resort. Just make sure you book Sheraton Vistana Resort and not Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort.

Thanks so much for the help! Vacation Strategy reached out and said they had a 1 bedroom available. I booked this and then they called and said that a 2 bed had just come up so they switched me over :cheer2:

Can't fault the service :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the help! Vacation Strategy reached out and said they had a 1 bedroom available. I booked this and then they called and said that a 2 bed had just come up so they switched me over :cheer2:

Can't fault the service :thumbsup2
That's great that it got "fixed". But as of right now, I am glad I have a "back up" reservation at CWBC made through the extra holidays site.

It seems Wyndham's time share people are really cracking down...a lot more than I thought they would, frankly. I mean, how hard core do they have to be about this?

I've now had confirmation of my booking so I can relax a bit now 😊

Last edited:
Could someone please tell me if shampoo, toilet rolls, dishwasher tablets etc are included in your stay? Can you just call up for more if you run out?
We are here now. They leave 2 packets of laundry detergent. There are tiny Paul Mitchel hair products (one use) and tiny soaps. We brought pods, dryer sheets, a container of pump soap and our own shower products and hair care products. Exactly why we got an Owner's Locker (got an AP discount) for our DVC/WBC stays.

They are really thrifty with products here, though I don't use those brands so don't care.

I'd go to $ store and get the 3 or 4 packs of travel bottles, bring a zip bag of pods and dryer sheets and bar soap and toss when you leave - room for a new pair of ears LOL!

We're checking in here in two days! Glad to see a lot of things are included in the room. I know there is a coffee maker, is coffee included as well? We'll be making a run to Publix on our way to the resort from the airport (uh and Wawa) and I want to make sure we don't have to go twice.

You'll be given one pack of regular coffee and one pack of decaf - each is enough for a full pot, to get you started. People's reports of getting additional packs on request have varied. Filters are provided and they will bring extra on request. They do sell ground coffee in the lobby shop, as well as freshly brewed Starbucks coffee drinks. But if you're going to make a Publix run anyway, you may like to pick up your favorite ground coffee for a longer stay.

Looking at all your posts has me terrified. We are booked Dec 29th-January 2nd through go koala. Would I likely have received a notification by now that we are being cancelled? We have until the 14th to cancel and get a full refund, but I am worried we won't find a decent rental elsewhere. We are booked for flights, park tickets, etc. so financially we cannot change anything, especially due to our work schedules. Thoughts? :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!