The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

1. This thread is mainly about the timeshare units, but when I look at the the main website.... http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/ ....it looks like booking a resort hotel. By booking through that website (or by phone) are we essentially booking someones condo as if it were a hotel room?
It is more akin to renting a DVC deluxe villa unit by paying cash to Disney. When you see third parties recommended here in the thread (Vacation Strategies, Vacation Upgrades, Farrell's, Shelby Resorts, Michael Sullivan/Winpoint) it would be like renting DVC points where the member does the booking for you.

2. We usually go in late July/early August... and it's late March now... do we still have time, or are we a little on the late side for booking 7 nights at that time of summer?
No, you should have plenty of time (if you are looking for a 2-bedroom deluxe, the most prolific of the unit configurations there. The other unit sizes are more scarce and sometimes are already snapped up). Check out VRBO and EBay for an idea of availability especially if you are flexible.

3. Must we check-in/out from weekend to weekend... or can it be done from midweek to midweek (say, wed to wed)?
There are specific length and turn day requirements that I remember reading a while back but I can't remember them now. Maybe someone else will chime in. Most of the third party agents can piece together what you need to give you the stay you are looking for. Often that means you are "paying" for nights you won't use, but the prices I have found at WBC are so incredibly low it has not made a difference. For example when I have needed 6 nights and I called the resort just to confirm my booking they told me that my confirmed check in day was actually a day earlier than I needed. If you pick a good booking service and communicate with them about what you are looking for they should help you figure out how to get the best price.

We were long time on-site-ers as well (including DVC ownership for a while) but after trying WBC, we are hooked! If I can't be in my own RV at Fort Wilderness, then I want to be at WBC :)

Anyway, I've answered some of your questions below with what we've experienced:

Taking a look at WBC resort after staying many years at the onsite Disney hotels. I read through a LOT of this thread (and parts of the 3 that preceeded it) but I still have a few questions....

1. This thread is mainly about the timeshare units, but when I look at the the main website.... http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/ ....it looks like booking a resort hotel. By booking through that website (or by phone) are we essentially booking someones condo as if it were a hotel room?

When you book through Wyndham directly I believe you're booking their own inventory of rooms, i.e. they hold X percent of rooms that they can book directly. Someone who knows more about how inventory works can probably speak to this a lot more...but the big thing is DON'T book directly through Wyndham as it will cost a lot more. Vacation Upgrades, Vacation Strategy, and Farrells Vacations are all large reputable names around here. People do well dealing directly with folks on eBay and timeshare bulletin boards as well...it all depends on your comfort level and time.

2. We usually go in late July/early August... and it's late March now... do we still have time, or are we a little on the late side for booking 7 nights at that time of summer?

I'd check in soon for availability - you can get no-obligation quotes from all three that I mentioned above.

3. Must we check-in/out from weekend to weekend... or can it be done from midweek to midweek (say, wed to wed)? We've checked in on a Wednesday I believe, definitely a Thursday.

What happens is that you end up with two reservations that get stitched together. No need to go down to the desk and check out and back in or anything, but just on paper they have it as a couple of reservations. Again, check in with a couple of the companies for a quote on your exact dates and they can tell you if there's availability for your combination of days.

You do not want to book through the website unless you want the hotel. If you do that, you are paying insane prices plus resort fees. That may be your thing, but most people here are looking at the timeshare side.

There is no "late" timing. It really comes down to whether there is availability. Usually there still is. Mega-renters take huge blocks of rooms hoping to rent them at a premium. As they can't and the closer to the 60-day mark, they start canceling the reservations freeing up rooms. The earlier you book, the more you will pay. It is a risk/reward scenario and depends on what you are comfortable with.

3. Must we check-in/out from weekend to weekend... or can it be done from midweek to midweek (say, wed to wed)?
I do not think they do weekly reservations except Fri-Fri, Sat-Sat, Sun-Sun. In Value seasons, it may be possible. An owner would really have to provide confirmation.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I looked up our dates on the WBC website, then called the 800 number and asked the rep if we can do a wed-wed booking and she said that as long as the website is showing availability, you can do it.

But then she mentioned that shuttle service (which goes from towers 2 and 5) is $48 per person per round trip.... is that correct? Shuttle service to the parks isn't free?

But then she mentioned that shuttle service (which goes from towers 2 and 5) is $48 per person per round trip.... is that correct? Shuttle service to the parks isn't free?
I am not sure who you talked with, but this sounds like the hotel side. They can do what they want. I think the shuttle is now $8 (or whatever it is now) per person per day and that is only good for 1 round trip. You can come and go as you please. If you need another round trip, it is another $8. If you require transportation, you are better off using Uber.

I highly recommend you do a lot more research before planning your stay there. The ONLY way you will save money is by going through a Wyndham owner. Otherwise you are paying top dollar and will be stuck with resort fees. Renting from owners you can get a 2BR for $100-$120 a night with no fees.

You have to go to sites to find owners directly. TugBBS is one of the biggest. You can also Google timeshare renters.

So, I've put out an ISO on this website and I'm curious.... you did mean that you normally find cheap prices on here, right? Like, lower than ebay? Just feeling a bit discouraged about the offers I'm getting. Maybe it's bc we are going at a busy time, which I understand. I'd have better luck just buying on ebay at this point.

Here's a 3 bedroom in August on SkyAuction. If you go 8/12 or 8/19 with the surcharge it's 145/night, if you go 8/26 its 126/night. You just have to read the fine print down at the bottom of the listing for the surcharge's and fee's.
http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2772071

We got a 2 bedroom for the end of May on SkyAuction for $114/night. You just have to keep checking the site to see what pops up.

Like, lower than ebay? Just feeling a bit discouraged about the offers I'm getting. Maybe it's bc we are going at a busy time, which I understand. I'd have better luck just buying on ebay at this point.
Searching for the best deals is not an easy task. There are 10,000s of Wyndham owners that have points they can't use and try to sell. Of those people, many think they can sell the rooms for $500 a night. You have to do a lot of research and searching for the best rates. The best way to find the ceiling price is to get quotes from Vacation Strategy and/or Vacation Upgrades (or similar). Once you know this ceiling price, it can only go down from there. Putting out an ISO lets many people know you want to rent. They want as much as they can get from you. Once you find someone that is easier to work with will tell you they always charge $x/1000 points. Most good renters will charge around $7/1000 points. For the most part, the going rate for a 2BR Dlx in Prime season is about $1,200.

From that starting point, you need to find good Platinum VIP owners to work with. These are the owners that pass their savings on to the renter and you have to take the risk of the rebook process inside 60 days. This is where the discounts are massive. At the 60-day mark, PlatVIP owners can rent the room for 50% of the points AND if there is available inventory, the get the next available inventory upgrade. Value season is where this works best. Doing the simple math, a 2BR Pres in Value season is 175,000 points. @$7/1000 points + 50% discount + 1 category upgrade (if available) = 3 or 4BR Presidential for a little over $600 for a week.

Although an unfair comparison, SSR and OKW 2BR Villas (lower quality and not as nice as WBC) will be $5,764 for Dec 2 through Dec 9 (Value season dates). If you rent through a DVC owner, you could get the same 2BR unit for ~$3,000 depending on the per points charge (217 DVC points). Its not a fair comparison because WBC is much better and in all likelihood will be 3 or 4 BR. DVC resorts are more in line with the WBC Deluxe rooms, not Pres rooms. Poly and GF may be more in line with the Presedential rooms.

Searching for the best deals is not an easy task. There are 10,000s of Wyndham owners that have points they can't use and try to sell. Of those people, many think they can sell the rooms for $500 a night. You have to do a lot of research and searching for the best rates. The best way to find the ceiling price is to get quotes from Vacation Strategy and/or Vacation Upgrades (or similar). Once you know this ceiling price, it can only go down from there. Putting out an ISO lets many people know you want to rent. They want as much as they can get from you. Once you find someone that is easier to work with will tell you they always charge $x/1000 points. Most good renters will charge around $7/1000 points. For the most part, the going rate for a 2BR Dlx in Prime season is about $1,200.

From that starting point, you need to find good Platinum VIP owners to work with. These are the owners that pass their savings on to the renter and you have to take the risk of the rebook process inside 60 days. This is where the discounts are massive. At the 60-day mark, PlatVIP owners can rent the room for 50% of the points AND if there is available inventory, the get the next available inventory upgrade. Value season is where this works best. Doing the simple math, a 2BR Pres in Value season is 175,000 points. @$7/1000 points + 50% discount + 1 category upgrade (if available) = 3 or 4BR Presidential for a little over $600 for a week.

Although an unfair comparison, SSR and OKW 2BR Villas (lower quality and not as nice as WBC) will be $5,764 for Dec 2 through Dec 9 (Value season dates). If you rent through a DVC owner, you could get the same 2BR unit for ~$3,000 depending on the per points charge (217 DVC points). Its not a fair comparison because WBC is much better and in all likelihood will be 3 or 4 BR. DVC resorts are more in line with the WBC Deluxe rooms, not Pres rooms. Poly and GF may be more in line with the Presedential rooms.

Good to know. Sounds like I'd be better off just getting the 2 br that's on ebay for $800/week right now than trying to wheel and deal on there. Lessons learned. We decided on a last minute trip starting 4/16 and I thought I'd try that site since I saw you mention it. I thought there was a small chance of getting one for maybe $700/week. Thanks for the info.

$800 for a 2BR is not bad at all. Can you get better? It has been done and I have done it. It really comes down to how comfortable you are with risk. It is a Value season and occupancy should be lower meaning there will be deals to be had at the 60-day mark. Whether any owners are willing to give it to you under $100 a night is a big question. Some are not willing to give up their points for less than $100/nt. If you get into a good relationship with one, they have no issue.

Looks like I've missed out on getting a presidential for our dates in May. I'm very picky about décor! Traveling with 2 13 year old girls. Any suggestions on what tower to attempt to get? Which has been renovated recently?

Not sure what you mean by "missed out". I am guessing there is no current availability. I do know that large mega-renters book up Presidential rooms like crazy to take them out of inventory. They release them at some point inside the 60-day window to rebook for 50% of the points. If they can't rent them closing in on the 15-day mark, they dump inventory before they can no longer cancel.

In all honesty, the Dlx rooms are extremely nice as well. They are as good if not better than the DVC accommodations.

Trying out 2bd WBC over Easter wknd! Have only stayed at dvc resorts (bwv, blt, akl and poly!).

We decided not to use our dvc points bc it costs the same for just maintenance fees on a std studio at bwv as it did for a 2bd at WBC!!!

I'll report after Easter what we think but we are uber excited!!!!

Request tower 4, gotcha!

One more question- is it recommended that we get there at 4pm to check in??

Leaving today. LOVED Bonnet Creek once again.

We arrived around noon Sunday March 26 checked in and gave our bags to bellmen. Hit the pools. Missed a call a little after 1pm went to desk and room ready. I had requested tower 4 and if possible a lake view. Winner winner chicken dinner. We like tower 4 because it's close to the main building where you get towels and coffee [with kid sleeping in living room, easier for me to sneak out grab coffee and read before going back to room]. Also the grills are nice there and there's shuffleboard [again going to main building to get the equipment]. Plus it's close to the lazy river and they have a pool bar with live entertainment some nights.

They said that towers 1 and 2 were recently renovated but I prefer the 4-5-6 location. 6 would be nice as it's close to the hotel and a larger pool bar and pirate pool if you have little kids. Tower 1 doesn't have a pool but has a playground. If I couldn't get 4 I would have asked for 5 I think.

Our room was 1473. There are 15 floors total so it's up there. Great view overlooking lake and whole property. Loved it.

Water still tastes 'unusual' so even for coffee, I recommend grabbing the gallons of water when you hit the grocery.

GROCERY tip....AVOID Walmart. I knew to avoid Walmart. I've always gone to Target which is nicer and quieter...but my brain was tired and I hit the store while family was swimming. It was sooooo crowded and chaotic and ugh...seriously...go to Target or even Publix.

SOAP TIP: They only provide 1 packet of dishwasher soap so bring from home or grab at grocery. No laundry soap so same. Also no Dawn. And no hand soap...they do provide 6 or so filters for coffee and 2 packets of coffee and a few packets of sweetener.

We found kitchen stocked enough with supplies to make eggs, pancakes etc. There's 2 fry pans, 2 pots, mixing bowls, measuring spoons, cup measure, spatula a ladle, tongs, wine opener [yes!], etc. plates and glasses, mugs, etc. Knives and scissors, ktichen towels, roll of paper towels.

Trash and recycle are at the end of each hallway.

We went to the presidential suite in the main building to watch fireworks one night. It was nice to see one of those units. WOW. If you can swing it, do it. They are more spacious and more elegant but the balcony is the winner. It's huge. Otherwise, ours was perfectly fine.

Sofabed. one of my kids slept in it and found it perfectly fine. They only provide 1 blanket so you could probably ask for one. She had one from home so was ok. Fridge is loud at night sometimes.

Pools were great. hot tubs aren't very warm. Love the swings with honeysuckle and twinkle lights. The path around is about a half mile. people run and walk around at all hours so if you need to get a work out in, that's nice. Plus the gym. We played pool one night. You get balls at the activities desk. And we played chess and checkers a few times.

Activities...we aren't around much because of WDW but the first day they joined a cornhole tournament and had fun.

Any questions?

@TnTWalter , are there any adult only pools or hot tubs? DH and I are doing an adult only trip and hoping this resort ( we're staying at the hotel), is good for an no parks trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter