The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We walked to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary Resort it was quite nice.

The next time we took the Monorail from the TTC area but when we exited the park after

the parade (or fireworks) the lines to take the Boats or Monorail were quite large . . of

course (we chose to wait it out)

I know the crowd all have something in common (Disney) but I don't need to

be elbow to elbow (congested) as a farewell . . thank you very much.

The third MK visit was a no brainer . . valet park at Contemporary Resort.

No more TTC for me again . . thank you. If valet parking is eliminated then we will uber it etc

Do they provide shampoo in the bathrooms, or are you expected to bring your own? I was thinking if they do, maybe its just a one little bottle that would last for 2 nights or so. Thanks for any info!

We were just there with 11 people. We quickly burned through most of the supplies, ie dishwasher detergent, clothes detergents, soap, shampoo, TP, trashbags, etc.

All we had to do was call the desk, and they ran up whatever supplies within a few minutes, no charge. They were pretty amazing. The only quirk I had was with the pool towels. For whatever reason, they are really, really strict with those suckers.

I'm so excited I will be there in a week. My kids are teens now. We were in Tower 4 last time and really liked it...thinking of trying to get this tower again. Any other towers we should consider?

When can we check in or at least arrive and let our preferences etc known?

Thanks. Trish

When can we check in or at least arrive and let our preferences etc known?

We stayed in Tower 4 and the location was perfect. It was close to the lobby, close to both lazy rivers, close to the pirate ship pool, and the grills were right outside the building. The only minor issue we had was sometimes having to park in the garage, and that was very minor. I would hope to stay in Tower 4 again.

As for check-in, the earlier you get there the better chance of locking in a location of choice. They only do assignments at day of arrival. If you get a good desk person, they may do it over the phone, but not likely. The person I rent through is a PlatVIP owner. Even he doesn't get early room assignment.

We were just there with 11 people. We quickly burned through most of the supplies, ie dishwasher detergent, clothes detergents, soap, shampoo, TP, trashbags, etc.

All we had to do was call the desk, and they ran up whatever supplies within a few minutes, no charge. They were pretty amazing. The only quirk I had was with the pool towels. For whatever reason, they are really, really strict with those suckers.

I second this. The bell hops chuckled when they saw our paper towels saying "we provide those, if you need more you can call down." We never had an issue getting things and getting them in a timely manor. We were concerned about the pool towels and keeping track because checking them out was a process, but we turned them in to the activities desk the morning we left (and they never even counted how many we had, my brother said the same thing for his room) so I think we were a little crazy about them for no reason.

We have been to WBC a few times starting 2012

The check out of the pool towels system has been the same way for at least 5 years.

Once someone took one of our towels (yep they all look the same)

We told the towel attendant we needed another towel (and told him why)

and he gave it to us . . no problem.

I wasn't charged for a towel so after the first stay I relaxed a bit.

I prefer the towels that are in the room over the pool towels

Should we bring our own beach towels for the pool? What is this about pool towels? I must've missed it.

Should we bring our own beach towels for the pool? What is this about pool towels? I must've missed it.

You check out pool towels from the rec desk for the duration of your trip. You give them name and room information. You can exchange them at the pools for fresh ones (or just throw them in the laundry in your villa, which is what we do most of the time) and then at the end of your stay you turn them back in.

It wouldn't hurt to bring your own if you have the space, just so you don't walk up to the wrong lounge chair and grab the towel that looks like everyone else's and start putting on someone else's flip flops :rolleyes1

Pool towels are really no different than at any other resort except you sign them out to your room number. I am not certain about WBC but at another Wyndham resort they charged $15 per pool towel that was not returned. You sign the card for the number of towels you checkout and when you return them you get your card back. If they still have the card at the end of the stay, they billed it to the room.

I would also recommend bringing your own beach towels. Although not necessary, it is nice to have your own.

Looking forward to our first stay at Bonnet Creek in another week or so. We're planning on spending quite a bit of time at the resort this trip. How do things work at the pools as far as food and drinks? Glass-free containers for water OK and everything else is not permitted? I've been to resorts that were very lax and others not so much. Thanks.

I think it is very lax. As you stated, no glass. I am sure coolers are not permitted but they do not search what you bring in. If you had a small cooler that fit in a beach type bag, no one would care I think. I know I brought my own adult beverages to the pools when I wanted one. I think that is part of the Wyndham experience. Having that full kitchen and grills lets you bring your own stuff with you.

No resort fee. Although minor, people get annoyed because they did not know. When you check-in, you will be charged $100 on your credit card for room charging even if you don't want room charging. If you don't use it, it is refunded. If you spend more, then the rest is billed at the end of the stay.

Is there a bar/restaurant at the pool? if so, what are prices like? thanks!

Yes.

Building 3 has a bar that has pizza and a few other things. I thought it was reasonable for a resort, but It's not cheap.

Between Building 4 and 5 there is a bar that has food, tacos, burgers, hot dogs, salads, wings. Same thoughts on pricing as the pizza place.

At the Wyndham Grand there is a sit down restaurant (BB Grill) that has a decent selection, but I found it to be the most
Pricey.

At the lobby next to the lobby pool, there is a little takeout area that has breakfast sandwiches and lunch sandwiches, fries. Resonable prices for a resort.

Food was pretty good all around. We mostly cooked on the grills, but when we didn't feel like cooking it was nice to have some variety and choices.

The drinks were a little pricey, but there was no shortage of liquor in them.

Edited: price is subjective, if you look around online you can find some menus and prices. I am from the NY tristate area and now live in Palm Beach County, I am basing my assessment of price on what i pay in those expensive areas. If you live other places I imagine you may think all the restaurants are pricey (but they are still less than Disney resorts).

Last edited:
I just got Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek on Priceline. I will be reading the threads to educate myself but does anyone know what fees I may have to pay in addition to my PL bid? My receipt does say $442 charged today, Hotel fee $60 , Total cost $502. We are staying 3 nights. I assume I will pay the $60 hotel fee at check out but can they charge me a parking fee as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter