The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not cheaper, IMO. Last October/Nov we rented a car for one week. We got a midsize Toyota Corrola for a week (Sat to Sat) from Thrifty (through Hotwire) for $137.48. All taxes and fees included. One half a tank of gas cost about $30 (I think). We drove all over the place - to all the different resorts, to Target, and to the parks. Parking was $15 per day, but we only did 4 park days. The other days we went to the Water parks or hung out at WBC and one day we spent resort hopping (free parking). So that was another $60. So the total was $227. For the whole week, including our trips back and forth to the airport, and freedom galore.

And do your estimates above also include a tip?

Yes, they include a tip.

Newb here and have yet to stay but have read a lot on this and this is what I have heard on the subject.

Cancellation policy is yes and no as it depends on who/how you book. If you book 3rd party they may or may not have a policy. I know in all my quotes I have seen some who have a policy and others do not.

Most people who do Bonnet Creek rent 3rd party ie owners or a company who buys points from owners as its cheaper for them. As such you cannot request a view prior to check in.

Thank you!!

I remember seeing good directions and/or maps of how to drive to the parks from WBC. Does anybody have a link to a post or thread like that?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I can't find it, so here is my question...
are 4 bedroom presidential all in building 6? or are they located throughout the resort? also are these rooms higher than the others? by higher I mean floor wise not price. thanks

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I can't find it, so here is my question...
are 4 bedroom presidential all in building 6? or are they located throughout the resort? also are these rooms higher than the others? by higher I mean floor wise not price. thanks

Yes, they are spread throughout the resort and yes, they are on higher floors.

Just booked 10 nights in September with Vacation Strategy. First time at WBC. Have stayed at Pop, CSR and CBR. Am really enjoying reading all the posts about Bonnet Creek. Just hubby and I on this trip so looking forward to relaxing around the beautiful property along with park time. Countdown is on!

Just booked 10 nights in September with Vacation Strategy. First time at WBC. Have stayed at Pop, CSR and CBR. Am really enjoying reading all the posts about Bonnet Creek. Just hubby and I on this trip so looking forward to relaxing around the beautiful property along with park time. Countdown is on!

You will love it!

I have a quick question....

Will they hold our luggage after check out? We will be heading to the parks on our last day before we fly out. Upside/downside is our flight doesn't leave until 6pm. Rather not leave the luggage in the car while in the parks.

I have a quick question....

Will they hold our luggage after check out? We will be heading to the parks on our last day before we fly out. Upside/downside is our flight doesn't leave until 6pm. Rather not leave the luggage in the car while in the parks.
Yes, they will hold your luggage

Hi all,

Preparing for an upcoming visit to WDW and WBC-- first time staying here. :goodvibes

We are an energetic bunch (DS, almost 14, DD, 11.5, DH, 46, and me, 43), and would be able to easily walk to EPCOT, based on the distance. Is it possible to do so?

Thanks so much!!

Jess

Hi all,

Preparing for an upcoming visit to WDW and WBC-- first time staying here. :goodvibes

We are an energetic bunch (DS, almost 14, DD, 11.5, DH, 46, and me, 43), and would be able to easily walk to EPCOT, based on the distance. Is it possible to do so?

Thanks so much!!

Jess

I wouldn't recommend it. I actually don't think its all that close and the roads between Bonnet Creek and EPCOT are very busy. It didn't seem all that pedestrian friendly outside the resort when I was there.

That is the one thing at Disney I have never understood. "Why is there no side walks?" Even the road from say OKW to SSR there are no sidewalks. Just don't understand why.

I wouldn't recommend it. I actually don't think its all that close and the roads between Bonnet Creek and EPCOT are very busy. It didn't seem all that pedestrian friendly outside the resort when I was there.

Oh, darn!! Thank you for the info. :)

Jess

Hi all,

Thanks so much!!

Jess

No way. Far too dangerous. You might be able to walk to Downtown Disney.

That is the one thing at Disney I have never understood. "Why is there no side walks?" Even the road from say OKW to SSR there are no sidewalks. Just don't understand why.

I would assume that foot traffic would and could create some really ugly situations in and around Disney. Can you imagine people walking from hotel to hotel or hotel to park? People would start cutting into the street and into traffic which would be a logistical nightmare.

Looking into staying at Bonnet Creek and noticed on here that people have used Vacation Upgrades. We checked out the website and have sent in a request but was hoping to hear from people that have used Vacation Upgrades. Is it trustworthy? Thanks

We just booked a seven night stay at WBC through Vacation Strategy's for the first time. We will be going to Disney in September.:cool1: I am so excited to give this resort a chance. It looks beautiful and I'm hoping that since it is on Disney property that the magic won't be lost once we leave the parks for the day.

For those of you who have used Vacation Strategy's I would like to ask some questions. First, at what point do they actually book your room and when will we receive information as to what tower and room we will be staying in? Or is that something you don't find out until you check in.

Also, I am a little nervous about the sales people. I have read a lot of reviews about this resort on other websites and that is the one complaint that keeps popping up. That the sales people can be very pushy and won't take no for an answer. How do others deal with this situation? I hate feeling pushed into something.:scared:

Looking into staying at Bonnet Creek and noticed on here that people have used Vacation Upgrades. We checked out the website and have sent in a request but was hoping to hear from people that have used Vacation Upgrades. Is it trustworthy? Thanks

I've booked with Ken and Denise. They are fantastic! Don't worry about anything with them. They will be my first choice for future reservations. You can probably get a lower price from other sources but I don't mind paying a little more for the piece of mind that comes with their A1 reputation.

We have used them many times. Ken and Denise are wonderful. Very reliable and they will always try to get the best price at the 60 day mark.

thanks for the feedback on Vacation Upgrades but they have no units available. We found a week on Redweek.com but again am not sure how safe that is. I contacted the owner and basically I need to pay then I will get the guest certificate. Very hesitant to do this. Looking for any feedback and /or suggestions from anyone that has used Redweek and also wondering if anyone knows of other places where we can book Bonnet Creek from that would not be as expensive as booking it directly. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter