The WDW WORST dressed list! Please join in!

aes74

visiting wdw since '74 (as a baby!)
So, as a Floridian and frequent visitor at WDW, I have shaken my head more than a few times and said a silent prayer of fashion common sense for some that you see traversing the parks. I am not talking about logos, trends, or even matching, but the things a few people think are acceptable to wear in public just because they are on vacation.

Here are my pet peeves:
The "I am not used to being in polite company" look: horrific faded wife-beater tank top with faded exercise shorts that keep riding up in certain places. :sad2:

Then there is the "Britney Spears wears it, so I should, too." This is the too-tight, stomach hanging out shirts, on people who really should not be allowing their stomach to hang out. And in case you think I am above that group, I have had two children and my tummy has not seen the light of day since! ;)

And the last, and probably the worst of them all:
THE BIKINI TOP WITH THE TEENY TINY SHORTS. I don't care if it's hot! It's not okay!! It's not your opportunity to get a tan!! Shame on you!! :scared1:

So what do you think??!! What have you witnessed? Have you had to distract your children so they didn't see something very un-Disney? ;)
Do tell!!

mini skirts on those who should not wear them :rolleyes:

my biggest pp is babies who do not wear hats :sad2: nor adequate amiunts of sunscreen and are burnt from the sun.

tink&cinderella

3 years ago on our trip we were sitting for the parade and the man across the street from us was wearing workout shorts and no underwear :scared1: lets just say it was all hanging out and he didnt' seem to care. :confused3 :sad2:

I just shake my head at the woman that wear dresses or skirts to the park and high heels or not comfy shoes :cool1: like it is a fashion show. princess: not a theme park...then complain when they have to sit for the parade. :rolleyes2

How about tight jeans with 3 inch heals. I understand people want to dress for dinner sometime but even if your just walking from the entrance to one of the restaurants in WS it's close to a mile. Put on some flats, Please!!!!

I just got back a few days ago and a few of things that I saw that just drove me crazy was the women in heels.. I just dont get it.. :confused3 .. I know my feet were killing me in tennis shoes and crocs and cant imagine how they felt at the end of the day.. and secondly the women/girls who wear the tanktops and/or spagetti strap shirts and then the bra strap hangs out.. it looks nasty..

Last year we saw some young people roaming around with SWEATSHIRTS on! We also saw a few with SWEATPANTS (some were yoga pants, but they have to be pretty warm).

This was June and it was very hot. We're from Louisiana and used to the heat and it was almost unbearable to us. We could tell that a lot of these people were from more northern locales....I just don't know how they could stand it.

I noticed a lot of the Japanese and European tourists tend to "dress up" more than we do. That's nice...but it seems awfully hot and uncomfortable to roam around a theme park all day in heels and dress clothes. We had a European couple get on the boat to MGM one morning with us. They both had on suits! She had on a dark suit (long pants and jacket) made out of something like polyester (you know that's hot) and a very dressy (silky) shirt. She also had on some of those 3 inch heels. We saw them later (in the heat of the day) walking around the park!?! :confused3

I also don't understand the women who pack purses. Sure, a lot of them are very nice handbags....but they're still very uncomfortable to tote around all day.

"3 years ago on our trip we were sitting for the parade and the man across the street from us was wearing workout shorts and no underwear :scared1: lets just say it was all hanging out and he didnt' seem to care. :confused3 :sad2: " (quote from mommyceratops)

EWWWWWW.

Yes, I always feel sorry for the poor British who come over totally unprepared for our weather. They have on Nike silky shorts, black socks pulled up HIGH, and seriously ugly tennis shoes. They just sweat and sweat and sweat.

I was in line for Everest 2 weeks ago and there was a teenage girl there..with her mom...and a homemade shirt that said "Must be this high to ride." I thought that was a wee bit tacky. :blush:

The "Brittany" clothes on a "Rosie O'Donnell" body! I always want to ask where there mother is except for when you know mom is standing right next to them and is dressed the same way :confused3

The "Rude" t-shirts. My DD is mastering her reading skills and there were a number of times we had to stop her and change the subject.

MamaCatNV

aes74 said:
"3 years ago on our trip we were sitting for the parade and the man across the street from us was wearing workout shorts and no underwear :scared1: lets just say it was all hanging out and he didnt' seem to care. :confused3 :sad2: " (quote from mommyceratops)

EWWWWWW.

Yes, I always feel sorry for the poor British who come over totally unprepared for our weather. They have on Nike silky shorts, black socks pulled up HIGH, and seriously ugly tennis shoes. They just sweat and sweat and sweat.

I was in line for Everest 2 weeks ago and there was a teenage girl there..with her mom...and a homemade shirt that said "Must be this high to ride." I thought that was a wee bit tacky. :blush:

As a Brit I feel I should step up to our collective defence...except I'm with you all the way-socks with open sandals, any silky sports shorts or worse,cycle shorts, eeewww :scared1:skimpy vests on lily-white wobbly bodies. If its any consolation people who really ought to know better will go out in all weathers here dressed like that. I am perfecting my American accent so people don't think I'm British :rotfl2:

I'll take the bike shorts or any of the fitness style shorts over the 'short' shorts any day!

If people dressed for comfort rather than dressing as if they were going to a nightclub, they would be a lot happier at the end of the day.

I like dressing up at EPCOT if I am going there for dinner at night. On my last trip, my one gf wore heels the entire time. She thinks they are more comfortable. I guess if you wear heals everyday and you do a lot of walking, esp in NYC, you get used to them and your feet feel better in heals then flats.

I personally don't care if someone has dressed uncomfortably, that's their own fault! ;) What I do mind is the dress code not being followed. From the Disney World website:

What to Wear
Proper dress is required at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks. Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times. At the Water Parks, swim attire with rivets, buckles or exposed metal is not permitted on the water attractions.

The bikini top is definatley one of my biggest peeves! Who thinks that is acceptable??!! :sad2:

I just have to say that i wear heels every day all day (i'm only 4'10) so i am used to them, believe it or not i get hurt feet in flats. I sometimes wear gym shoes in the parks, but i am in heels ALOT of the time. As long as i'm not complaining or holding my family back from anything i don't think there is anything wrong with it.

I can't stand the bikini tops or sports bras..whether you can wear it or not, just please don't it's a family place :)

Ever go some where, store, mall, where ever, and run into the same person/people all over the place? That happens to me alot! At WDW 2 years ago DH&I kept seeing this one guy and his wife (?GF?) every where. His shirt, sans sleeves and kneckband, was a company t-shirt with their logo on the back--> Other peoples ----is our business!! Except it actually used the S word. As we dined "with" them at dinner I heard him tell another couple he had his own sewer business. The park is crawling with children! Very not OK!

I have to second the wearing heels...my feet love heels and I wear them when we go to dinner at any WDW rest...I pretty much wear sneaks or sandals during the day at the parks- but just because they may hurt your feet, I don't think it's "inappropriate" for others to wear.

As I rule I don't pay too much attention to what others are wearing. But I can remember one warm day in Epcot when a group of grade school aged children were having a ball running in and out of the fountain that squirts water straight up from the sidewalk in a random way. The children were having a great time, but most of them were wearing only their underwear, as their parents had partly undressed them so as not to get their clothing wet.

Since the children were wet, and what little they had on was also wet, ... well .... I just hope no one was taking pictures of that scene.

Not very wise of the parents, in my opinion.

Wasn't at Disney but at a local park last summer,.... A woman wearing a white wife-beater with boxer shorts, knee-high socks, sandals, and no bra. Maybe she had no clothes of her own and borrowed a guys?

I think the thing I noticed most on my last trip down was the lack of undergarments. I dont think I have ever seen that many women without a bra. :eek: And im not just talkin about the small chested, I'm sure there were lots of them I didn't notice. Even from a comfort point of view I don't get it. I'm a DD and mine goes on almost immediatly in the am and doesnt come off till im ready to get in bed. I can't imagine walking around all day without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter