The Wave

surgefest

DIS Veteran
Who has been to the Wave at the contemporary for lunch or dinner?? What were your thoughts??? everything from service atmosphere the food..would you go back.. any details would be great. Thanks for your reviews?

We went for dinner in March. Service was excellent possibly one of the best servers we had during our entire trip. Atmosphere modern. I like that even with a crowded resturant it did seem over crowded you were not sitting to close to the table next to you. The food was good, but my DH would describe it as very California. Would we go back, yes, would it be our first choice, NO. Our favorite places are Cape May, Ohana, Whispering Canyon. Hope this helps.

We didn't go a few weeks ago as we could not fit it in. Last yr however it was quiet, cool, dimly lit, classy and the food was good. For an hour I forgot I was in Disney and needed that at that moment. LOOOOVE IT

We, myself my 8 year old son at the time and 14 year old daughter loved it last year, June '09 I have it booked for our upcoming trip too! I have to agree wtih one of the other posts, I too forgot I was at WDW for awhile and it was nice for a change. The service was great, food excellent, just an overall nice change!

We went for lunch in early Dec. It was completely empty. There were only 4 tables occupied. The food was good, the desserts were the highlight. It didn't make our "must do list" but I'd go there again if time permitted and it was convenient.

LOVE the Wave. Great food and decor - if you go early it feels like you have the restaurant to yourself.

We went twice during our recent vacation b/t Apr. 30-May 8. We were staying at the CR so convenience was a factor, but the food and service were great.

We really enjoyed the fillet mignon. I enjoyed this fillet just as much as the fillet at Le Cellier.

Over 2 dinners we also had the fish of the day (which was Cobia) and the pork tenderloin. They were both good, but not as noteworthy as the fillet.

Our server was prompt and courteous. We enjoyed the no sugar added desserts the best of all -- go figure, but they were all good.

It was a nice quiet dinner after an over stimulating day in the parks. We'll certainly return.

I have eaten there twice for lunch.
The first time was okay, and they were not busy at all.
The second time was not horrible, but not good. And I had a salad. One would wonder how that could be bad. But it was. I left hungry and grabbed a Chick Filet sandwich on the way home.
To think an $18 salad there was an appetizer size of stringy, skimpy weeds on a plate was a joke. Never again.
I would not go there for lunch again. And would not be the choice for either DH or me.

I have heard good things about dinner. Although I know someone who went recent for dinner and was disappointed in pretty much everything. They mentioned that was their first sub par meal and service there.
But my lunches were so 'eh' (at best) I would probably just go elsewhere due to my experiences.

Hi surgefest,
I had dinner at The Wave last December before MVMCP. LOVED IT! :lovestruc Our server was fantastic and the food was great. I agree with another poster who said that you do not sit close to the table next to you. While the restaurant was full it did not seem like it.I really liked the atmosphere and all around the experience was wonderful. I will be back for sure. You can not go wrong eating there. Have a great trip. :goodvibes
________
Bbw movies

I have enjoyed this restaurant. The atmosphere is relaxing and I thought that the food was really good!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter