The Walt Disney Company launches takeover bid for Disneyland Paris

Ha! The delisting may begin the day we arrive at DLRP! Having said that, we're no longer members of the Shareholders Club any more - let it lapse quite a few years back and don't think we had the new minimum needed to renew anyway - but it would still be funny to have to sell what shares we do have just as we get there.

The cash offer has to be approved by the AMF first. They will make their decision in April. If successful TWDC will take over by July.

Any more news on if they're still accpeting renewals?

Yes they are its business as usual at the Shareholders Club. You might experience a delay in receiving your new card as the staff are busy preparing for next weeks AGM.

This is great news. I hope Disneyland Paris will get the financial injection it needs. Disney Village needs a complete overhaul and the parks are in desperate need for expansions. All major parks in Europe have expanded greatly in the last ten years, except for DLP. How many large expansions were there in the last ten years? Only Ratatouille and Tower of Terror.

There have been plans for a third park for years but I believe that wouldn't make any sense until they have expanded the current parks more. If they add a water park however, that could bring some extra visitors and longer stays. (also considering that a lot of European parks have built a large swimmingpool or waterpark in the last few years or are building one at the moment: Port Avontura, Phantasialand, Europapark, etc.).

But I'm afraid they couldn't change the worst problem: the fact that the park is in France. I will never understand why they picked France to build the European park (or Spain as a second choice for that matter). Unions, a general anti-American attitude, not that many people in the surroundings of the park aside from Paris and the fact that French people generally spend less money in the parks. I think the park would be in much better shape if they'd build it in Germany or England.

I feel like I read one of the threads before it was merged. So I apologize if I asked you before. But do waterparks do well in Europe? Curious because DLP doesn't have Splash or jungle cruise and I honestly figured that was because of the climate. Snow was fun, but that was a very cold day, especially on BTMRR.:cold:

This is great news. I hope Disneyland Paris will get the financial injection it needs. Disney Village needs a complete overhaul and the parks are in desperate need for expansions. All major parks in Europe have expanded greatly in the last ten years, except for DLP. How many large expansions were there in the last ten years? Only Ratatouille and Tower of Terror.

There have been plans for a third park for years but I believe that wouldn't make any sense until they have expanded the current parks more. If they add a water park however, that could bring some extra visitors and longer stays. (also considering that a lot of European parks have built a large swimmingpool or waterpark in the last few years or are building one at the moment: Port Avontura, Phantasialand, Europapark, etc.).

But I'm afraid they couldn't change the worst problem: the fact that the park is in France. I will never understand why they picked France to build the European park (or Spain as a second choice for that matter). Unions, a general anti-American attitude, not that many people in the surroundings of the park aside from Paris and the fact that French people generally spend less money in the parks. I think the park would be in much better shape if they'd build it in Germany or England.

I feel like I read one of the threads before it was merged. So I apologize if I asked you before. But do waterparks do well in Europe? Curious because DLP doesn't have Splash or jungle cruise and I honestly figured that was because of the climate. Snow was fun, but that was a very cold day, especially on BTMRR.:cold:

But dont forget Villages Natures is opening this summer - what looks to be a fantastic water park with lots of other activites, right next to DLP. Sure it's only partly Disney but it will still add to the experience of visiting the parks. And will fulfill that need for a water park. I for one am really excited about it!

Well, I have visited a lot of themeparks in Europe and can honestly say that DLP is the only one that doesn't include a water ride. I always found that kinda odd. Most of them close them in the winter though (although most parks aren't open yearround) but Phantasialand even runs one of its waterrides in its winter opening. The Efteling (yearround open) runs one of their waterrides early and late winter. Europapark closes their waterrides in winter but other than that has 6 waterrides. Even a small park like Moviepark Germany operates five waterrides. Except Europark all those parks are more northern and in rainier areas than DLP. If they weren't popular they would stop building them, most of the time they are the busiest rides, especially in summertime.

As for waterparks; I know most of them are profitable; there is a reason why they all pop up like mushrooms in autumn at the moment.

But dont forget Villages Natures is opening this summer - what looks to be a fantastic water park with lots of other activites, right next to DLP. Sure it's only partly Disney but it will still add to the experience of visiting the parks. And will fulfill that need for a water park. I for one am really excited about it!

Yeah but it is not really the same. I've been to four Centerparks (the organization that runs Villages Natures) and altough they are nice swimming pools they are no Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. Such a themed waterpark that is close to a day attraction would really boost DLP I believe and would also make it a more than 3-day destination. It also could attract more locals in summer time.

Based on this morning's email, does that mean current members will continue to get benefits for the next 10 years (with no further renewal required), no new members now accepted, and after 10 years everthing ends?

And presumably at some point this year we'll actually have to sell the shares back?

Based on this morning's email, does that mean current members will continue to get benefits for the next 10 years (with no further renewal required), no new members now accepted, and after 10 years everthing ends?

And presumably at some point this year we'll actually have to sell the shares back?

That is how I read it, but I was also coming here to see what other's interpretations were.

On Friday 31 March 2017 at the Euro Disney AGM, which was held at Disney’s Hotel New York in Disneyland Paris, Catherine Powell President of Euro Disney S.A.S. announced : "That the Euro Disney Club Actionnaires / Shareholders Club benefits will remain in place for 10 years, no matter what happens." and she got a round of applause from the shareholders.

On Friday 31 March 2017 at the Euro Disney AGM, which was held at Disney’s Hotel New York in Disneyland Paris, Catherine Powell President of Euro Disney S.A.S. announced : "That the Euro Disney Club Actionnaires / Shareholders Club benefits will remain in place for 10 years, no matter what happens." and she got a round of applause from the shareholders.
And you'll continue to get benefits for 10 years even if you have to sell your shares this year?

Yes it's an incentive for shareholders to sell their shares voluntarily to TWDC for €2. If another recapitalisation happens they'll be virtually worthless.

You could sell them on the stock exchange now. They went to a high of €2.01 yesterday.

The Offer still has to be is agreed by the AMF first, but if it does go ahead you could hold out and sell them via the Semi-Centralized Procedure, you will be eligible for any additional payments if TWDC ups the offer from €2 in a Block Trade Agreement and they will cover your brokerage fees too.

Last edited:
Yes it's an incentive for shareholders to sell their shares voluntarily to TWDC for €2. If another recapitalisation happens they'll be virtually worthless.

You could sell them on the stock exchange now. They went to a high of €2.01 yesterday.

The Offer still has to be is agreed by the AMF first, but if it does go ahead you could hold out and sell them via the Semi-Centralized Procedure, you will be eligible for any additional payments if TWDC ups the offer from €2 in a Block Trade Agreement and they will cover your brokerage fees too.
This is where things start to sound complicated!
Am I best just waiting to see what the offer is really?

This is where things start to sound complicated!
Am I best just waiting to see what the offer is really?

The offer from TWDC is going to be €2.00 per share.

If at the end of The Offer one large shareholder is holding back and negotiates a block trade for a higher amount you will also benefit if you sold your shares under the Semi-Centralized Procedure.

I expect CIMA will be the one to old out to the end and will negotiate a higher share price with TWDC to make the legal action go away. I expect TWDC will only pay more if CIMAs holding takes them to the magic 95% mark. If that does happen then all shareholders who sold to TWDC under the Centralized Procedure will benefit.

The offer from TWDC is going to be €2.00 per share.

If at the end of The Offer one large shareholder is holding back and negotiates a block trade for a higher amount you will also benefit if you sold your shares under the Semi-Centralized Procedure.

I expect CIMA will be the one to old out to the end and will negotiate a higher share price with TWDC to make the legal action go away. I expect TWDC will only pay more if CIMAs holding takes them to the magic 95% mark. If that does happen then all shareholders who sold to TWDC under the Centralized Procedure will benefit.
I'll need your wisdom again when the time comes! :thumbsup2

APPEAD are reporting that The Walt Disney Company are now in control of 85.84% of Euro Disney S.CA. after the EDL Holding Company purchased an additional 1,059,146 shares on the 31 March 2017.

This means that TWDC only require a further 9.16% to take over Disneyland Paris. If the AMF allow them to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter