The Walking Dead on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show may be too much for me. I really like the premise of it, and I want to stick it out, but the zombies are just too freaky!

I really like Darryl. I expect that they'll bring back the bit about the brother at some point.

DS asked me why the show's writers are making all of the female characters so annoying. Good question!

This show may be too much for me. I really like the premise of it, and I want to stick it out, but the zombies are just too freaky!

I am the worlds biggest chicken when it comes to horror movies. I don't watch them. However, when it came to zombie movies, there was that curiosity that I just can't kick. It is like a train wreck and I have to watch. For a tv show, the make up is amazingly realistic. During the entire episode, I spend my time holding my breath and sitting on the edge of my seat. My son laughs at me. I might be afraid to walk to the bathroom and sleep with one eye open that night, but I have to watch the show. I even got my mom hooked on the show and she has never watched anything worse than an old dracula movie.

I am the worlds biggest chicken when it comes to horror movies. I don't watch them. However, when it came to zombie movies, there was that curiosity that I just can't kick. It is like a train wreck and I have to watch. For a tv show, the make up is amazingly realistic. During the entire episode, I spend my time holding my breath and sitting on the edge of my seat. My son laughs at me. I might be afraid to walk to the bathroom and sleep with one eye open that night, but I have to watch the show. I even got my mom hooked on the show and she has never watched anything worse than an old dracula movie.

I LOVE zombies! I usually just watch them like any other show or movie...but I was seriously on the edge of my seat last night during the "herd" scene!

I LOVE zombies! I usually just watch them like any other show or movie...but I was seriously on the edge of my seat last night during the "herd" scene!
Wasn't that super scary?! :eek:

It was interesting that one of the characters wondered why they were in that herd. Hmmmm....

I really like Darryl. I expect that they'll bring back the bit about the brother at some point.

DS asked me why the show's writers are making all of the female characters so annoying. Good question!

I want to know too!! :thumbsup2

I agree, Darryl's great, as a character that's not in the original comics, he's one I really like. They did a good job including him into the TV series. Glenn and Dale are also great.

As for the female characters, I agree. Especially Andrea, they made her so immature and annoying.

Anybody else thinks Carol looks like Jamie Lee Curtis? Every time I see her, especially in the last episode.

I fell asleep!! Did they ever find Sophia?? Last thing I remember is them leaving the church...

I'm fine with horror movies. I can handle ghosts, demons, vampires, werewolves...You name it and I have no problem with it. I never really cared for zombies, but they didn't really bother, me, so to speak. I didn't like looking at them because of the creepy, ick factor, but they're not real and there's no chance of them ever being real, right?

Last season screwed that up for me....The scene where the doctor explained how they became zombies.....that really messed up my zombie free world! I can't believe they gave a scientific, plausible reason for a person to turn into A ZOMBIE.....HOLY CRAP!!! :scared1::scared1:

Now I sit with my legs up against my chest and jump at every little thing during the show. During last nights show my Schnauzer decided to start barking at some, unheard to me, noise and I thought I was going to have a heart attack! She scared me so badly I literally jumped! My husband was laughing so hard....The jerk.

I'm fine with horror movies. I can handle ghosts, demons, vampires, werewolves...You name it and I have no problem with it. I never really cared for zombies, but they didn't really bother, me, so to speak. I didn't like looking at them because of the creepy, ick factor, but they're not real and there's no chance of them ever being real, right?

Last season screwed that up for me....The scene where the doctor explained how they became zombies.....that really messed up my zombie free world! I can't believe they gave a scientific, plausible reason for a person to turn into A ZOMBIE.....HOLY CRAP!!! :scared1::scared1:

Now I sit with my legs up against my chest and jump at every little thing during the show. During last nights show my Schnauzer decided to start barking at some, unheard to me, noise and I thought I was going to have a heart attack! She scared me so badly I literally jumped! My husband was laughing so hard....The jerk.

I'm the same way. I can normally handle scary movies. I can watch them late at night and still sleep like a baby. But there's something about this show. I jump even when they are building up to something scary. It's well written, well scripted and the zombies are so freaky! I love this show, but I can only handle daytime viewing!

I usually have a pillow in my arms so I can use it to shield my eyes when needed.

Or if I have a hooded shirt, I use the hood to block my view. I only had to do it twice last night. One of the times is when Carl was approaching the deer… It was so suspicious that they were paying so much attention to him walking slowly towards it.

I want to know too!! :thumbsup2

This is going to sound really sexist for me to say...

But...I think women WOULD be more annoying then men in this situation.

I mean...Most women I know(even the strongest of the strong) are pretty emotional. Add to that the worry they have to have, not only for themselves, but for their children and you have basket cases in no time.

If my daughter went missing I wouldn't be rational in the least. I would probably be blaming everyone and everything.

PLUS...I mean...not to be gross, but how long has the zombie thing going on. I mean...periods can NOT be fun for them.

The men are just as bad I think...just in a different way. We are starting to see them break down more and more, it's just not manifesting the way it is with the women.

I'm the same way. I can normally handle scary movies. I can watch them late at night and still sleep like a baby. But there's something about this show. I jump even when they are building up to something scary. It's well written, well scripted and the zombies are so freaky! I love this show, but I can only handle daytime viewing!

I may have to start waiting until the next day to watch it too.

I seriously laid in bed last night thinking of reasons why a zombie attack would never happen. I mean, honestly, the army wouldn't be able to take them out? They're slow. The government could build a blockade of some sort and put sharp shooters along the front wall, they could pick them off one by one...It wouldn't be that hard.

That's just one of many, many scenarios I played out in my head....:headache:

I may have to start waiting until the next day to watch it too.

I seriously laid in bed last night thinking of reasons why a zombie attack would never happen. I mean, honestly, the army wouldn't be able to take them out? They're slow. The government could build a blockade of some sort and put sharp shooters along the front wall, they could pick them off one by one...It wouldn't be that hard.

That's just one of many, many scenarios I played out in my head....:headache:

I love scary movies (the kind that make you jump or look over your shoulder) but have to admit that this show unnerves me. I think it's because the people and the situations are so realistic (outside of the fact that zombies are everywhere - lol). And they are using real settings (Atlanta for much of last season).

And the zombies are pretty fast-walkers! :scared1: I'm more comfortable with the more sluggish undead. :rotfl:

I also think that part of the fear factor is the fact that they really are everywhere and you can never be "safe," not even for a moment. They can corner you and you can be trapped and they can certainly outlast you. I think I'd feel safer if I had a tank to travel around in. ;)

PLUS...I mean...not to be gross, but how long has the zombie thing going on. I mean...periods can NOT be fun for them.

Not having one would be worse. Lori hasn't given that a thought, has she? :rolleyes1 Can't imagine anything worse than being in labor and spotting a herd in a distance. "Get under the car Lori. Be quiet".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter