The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I definitely did it in the app. My confirmation number is 12 digits and starts with a 5, if that helps @harmon54 and @Familyof4lovesDW

To do this from my android phone, I
  1. click on the 3 bars
  2. click future plans
  3. scroll to the bottom
  4. click Link to Account
  5. click Link Hotel
  6. enter my information. On my stuff it's called a "reservation confirmation #"
It linked no problem. I did that in January or February, so maybe Disney IT broke this function recently.
Yep did that and it is broken. Either Disney IT messed it up now or maybe it has to do with the fact that my reservation was combined by DVC - although they say that should not affect it. As long as someone lets me into the hotel when I get there I suppose I will survive with it not linked. 😂

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! It wasn’t working and I tried again to get the error message and they all worked! It took a few tries. I’m not sure what I did different. Maybe I typed my last name instead of clicking it to prefill on my iPhone.

I have three reservations (couldn’t get all the same room type at 7 months). And yes, my reservations did start with a 5.

I’m so excited we are going for the 4th of July!

Count me as another person who was able to link their VGC/DVC reservation and be able to view it in the Disneyland app (under Future Plans). Any CM who is telling you it can't be done is full of BS. I don't remember if I did the link on the website or in the app, sorry.

Given how lousy Disney's IT is, I have my doubts they can be of any assistance either.
I know that I did it online, not the app. I was able to get everyone in my party to link it in their app. It shows up in future plans, allows check in, and later can do your room key in app. We did it at the beginning of April.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! It wasn’t working and I tried again to get the error message and they all worked! It took a few tries. I’m not sure what I did different. Maybe I typed my last name instead of clicking it to prefill on my iPhone.
You might have discovered the source of some problems. Autofill on the iPhone can insert an extra space at the end of the Name.
I just added a DVC reservation (starts with 5) and received a not found error. Removed the space at the end of my name and was successful.
(used the Disneyland App on an iPhone)

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try it again tomorrow. Does it work to mirror if one is an android and one is an iPhone though?
Like others have said type of phone doesn't matter, but the only problem I would see if you wanted to mobile order LE merchandise (popcorn buckets, TS Tiki Mugs), you would each need your own account if you wanted more than one.

You might have discovered the source of some problems. Autofill on the iPhone can insert an extra space at the end of the Name.
I just added a DVC reservation (starts with 5) and received a not found error. Removed the space at the end of my name and was successful.
(used the Disneyland App on an iPhone)
This. The same thing was happening to me and then I read your reply and realized autofill added a space at the end of my name. Thanks to your reply here I was able to add my DVC reservation and save myself an unnecessary call to member services. Thank you!

We are so excited. Just took a big step forward on our plans and made an offer on our first DVC contract. It's for our dream resort, VGC, and the seller accepted the offer. Looking forward to getting into ROFR and hopefully having our points in time to book for our summer 2023 trip :)

Thanks again for all who have helped with questions and tips. Just had to share the news.

We bought at VGC the first year it opened, and it never ceases to amaze me what a good deal it was. I still remember telling my family about buying a timeshare, and they all thought I was nuts. I want to say we paid in the mid-$90s for our points. I figured it would turn out to be a good deal for us because we have a special needs son (so I knew we'd be coming for years) and we always booked two rooms at the GC for our 2-3 trips a year. Even at the time--2008ish--I remember a Christmas stay were we were paying almost $500 a room.

I've kept a spreadsheet for the past few years of our stays, and I price out "comparable" rooms for each stay. It's hard to do at VGC because unlike at WDW (we also own BLT), you can't book the villas online. So I look for standard 1 bedroom suites, which aren't really comparable because they don't have 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and laundry. The price for our upcoming Christmas stay in a standard one bedroom suite (3 night total of 191 points)? $7476. Our dues for those points in 2022 are $1428.

We sometimes book a two bedroom, and the cost for that right now in one of the suites that does include a kitchen, multiple bathroom, etc. ... is over $25k for three nights!! It's one of the signature suites (Arroyo) so definitely nicer finishes and bigger living room, etc, but still. Crazy.

I don't use the rental companies to price out, because that isn't something I am comfortable with or would do. But even using David's the one bedroom villa would still be $4,400 (if you could get it). Anyway just had to share :) I sometimes need a reminder of what a good deal it is LOL.

I mainly book studios. It used to be that as an owner, I could get just about anything I wanted as long as it was more than 7 months out. I "think" in recent years more folks have purchased smaller resale contracts (so, I feel like there is more competition for the studios), so you have to be paying attention and book closer to 11months for some high demand periods. Still, it isn't anything like booking a std view studio at BWV.
I just put an offer in on a small contract (which was accepted in less than 10 minutes) with the intent of using it to book a studio, so I'm glad to see this. I also own at BWV and HHI and am used to being online first thing in the morning to get my standard view studio at BWV and my summer ressie for a studio at HHI.

Also, is the observation deck still available for watching WOC? I loved that perk the couple times I was able to get a 7 month reservation there using points.

I just put an offer in on a small contract (which was accepted in less than 10 minutes) with the intent of using it to book a studio, so I'm glad to see this. I also own at BWV and HHI and am used to being online first thing in the morning to get my standard view studio at BWV and my summer ressie for a studio at HHI.

Also, is the observation deck still available for watching WOC? I loved that perk the couple times I was able to get a 7 month reservation there using points.

Congratulations on your new contract! I haven't tried to go on the observation deck in a while (WOC had been shut down the last couple of visits). We are planning to be there the first part of June. I will try to swing by and see if it is still open when we are there.

Congratulations on your new contract! I haven't tried to go on the observation deck in a while (WOC had been shut down the last couple of visits). We are planning to be there the first part of June. I will try to swing by and see if it is still open when we are there.
Thanks! I still have to get past ROFR and all of that, but I'm hopeful! 🤞
I look forward to your report back about the observation deck!

Hi everyone! In anticipation of getting our first VGC contract out of ROFR and getting some points to use in the coming weeks I hope some of the long time VGC pros can help with some questions.

What are the typical seasons for both Halloween and Christmas decorations/events? For example, if we visited in late November would VGC be all setup with the big tree in the lobby for xmas? When do they take the seasonal decorations down?

I believe I heard from a reviewer that the pools are heated year round. I know it can be hit or miss but I do remember visiting family in So-Cal and it being in the 70s for the holidays..... Can/should we even think about bringing the swimming stuff at that time of year? If it were just the adults I think we wouldn't even ask but our little one (she is 4) is most excited bout the pool.

Edit - I'm sure all days will be booked by the time we get our points butwe will likely just stalk to see if we can pickup a few days if things open and we can go for our first trip :)

Hi - I’m at VGC now, and yes the observation deck is open for WOC. However, it is closed off tonight for a private party.
Awesome! Thanks for checking in with that info.

BTW, I love your username. I'm showing Donald Duck in Mathmagicland in class tomorrow. :)

We bought at VGC the first year it opened, and it never ceases to amaze me what a good deal it was...
I also bought VGC in the first year and agree it has been a great deal.
However before we all congratulate ourselves, don't forget how bad the economy was at that time. Anyone with money to invest will have made large gains. Many (most?) stocks outperformed VGC.
Of course, buying bitcoin instead of VGC would have made me a Billionaire (where is my time machine?)

if we visited in late November would VGC be all setup with the big tree in the lobby for xmas? When do they take the seasonal decorations down?

The Christmas tree and all decorations would definitely be up in late November. They are taken down early January. Halloween has a pretty quick turnaround, but decorations start going up in September.

As a SoCal local, swimming is a no for me, but guests from actually cold locations usually will go in the pool. Definitely the hot tubs.

The Christmas tree and all decorations would definitely be up in late November. They are taken down early January. Halloween has a pretty quick turnaround, but decorations start going up in September.

As a SoCal local, swimming is a no for me, but guests from actually cold locations usually will go in the pool. Definitely the hot tubs.
Thanks for the info. I’m a bit worried that our contract might get taken in ROFR so that may lower our chances of any quick ninja trips late this year. But if so I’ll just get back into the game and we can use this info for holiday 2023 :)

Thanks for the info. I’m a bit worried that our contract might get taken in ROFR so that may lower our chances of any quick ninja trips late this year. But if so I’ll just get back into the game and we can use this info for holiday 2023 :)
The buy back rate at VGC has been really low (like close to zero). Prices have come down a little, but not that much. Unless you had a total low-ball accepted, I wouldn't worry much. Hope that's not false hope. It just takes time and the wait is hard... Good luck :thumbsup2

When I searched this question, I only get older answers, so...
What is the current recommended best way to inform the powers-that-be about room preferences for DVC villas? We haven't been since the pandemic, and prior to that time, we had to call and have a note added to our reservation. Is that still the best option?

Looking forward to our 'return' in August! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!