The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try it again tomorrow. Does it work to mirror if one is an android and one is an iPhone though?
The phone should not matter at all. If you are logged into the same Disneyland account you will see the same data: Park tickets, Lightening Lanes, Dining, Mobile key, etc. Our family all use the same account to keep it simple, rather than using different accounts and creating a "Party". As long as everyone understands any changes will affect everyone else.

Edit: Just reading your post again for the error "reservation does not exist" -- are you sure you have all 4/everyone setup in your DVC Member Services account, with correct spelling? Another thought: Does your husbands first/last name in his Disneyland.com account match what is on the reservation in your DVC account?

Just try to "think like a computer". Everything has to match, to find/link the reservation... :thumbsup2

***?! I haven't looked at resale pretty much ever, as we've got a lot of family that are always ready to be "helpful" and use our points even when we don't go. I had no idea that VGC was selling that high! That's even with the original deed expiration? Or do recently sold points by Disney have an extended deed expiration?
ETA: Will the new Disneyland villas decrease the VGC price?
Expires 1/31/2060, the month of my 100th birthday! When I bought, I told my friends plan on a big party!

I hope people who have points at VGC can help me with a question about booking in late May to mid-late June. That's our target month that we would be looking to go most years and I would say 80% of the time it will be for 5 to 7 nights in a 2BR. For special trips we might want to try and get the 3BR grand villa if we have saved up some points and other times we might go for a 1BR or go for less nights in a 2BR if we want to do another longer trip sometime in the year.

I just spoke to an friend at an event in town and mentioned that we were considering buying into the "Disney timeshare thing". She had a family friend who owned DVC for a few years and enjoyed it but had a big compliant with booking rooms when they wanted to go. I asked some more about where they owned and she was fairly sure it was in California.

I've been doing my homework on here and on DVC help availability calendar and it seems like as long as I book at 11 to 10 months 2BR are fairly easy to get in the Late May to June period. The 3BR seems a bit more in demand (plus there is only 2 of them). Can anyone give me some wisdom on if buying with the intent to get rooms in this period is a good idea or will I have issues? Thanks again for all of the help and answers.

I hope people who have points at VGC can help me with a question about booking in late May to mid-late June. That's our target month that we would be looking to go most years and I would say 80% of the time it will be for 5 to 7 nights in a 2BR. For special trips we might want to try and get the 3BR grand villa if we have saved up some points and other times we might go for a 1BR or go for less nights in a 2BR if we want to do another longer trip sometime in the year.

I just spoke to an friend at an event in town and mentioned that we were considering buying into the "Disney timeshare thing". She had a family friend who owned DVC for a few years and enjoyed it but had a big compliant with booking rooms when they wanted to go. I asked some more about where they owned and she was fairly sure it was in California.

I've been doing my homework on here and on DVC help availability calendar and it seems like as long as I book at 11 to 10 months 2BR are fairly easy to get in the Late May to June period. The 3BR seems a bit more in demand (plus there is only 2 of them). Can anyone give me some wisdom on if buying with the intent to get rooms in this period is a good idea or will I have issues? Thanks again for all of the help and answers.

I booked a 2 bedroom at the 11 month mark and didn’t have any problems, for a stay in mid June. Granted, ours is a 4 night stay but I didn’t have any issues. My family is extremely excited - our trip is next month and I’m taking my mom and niece and nephew with us 😊

My family is headed to the Grand Californian for the first time ever in August, and extremely excited! However, due to last minute tag-alongs (in-laws 🙄 - kidding, it will be nice to have extra hands), we will have to utilize the sofa bed. I’m sure it varies from room to room, but generally what kind of shape are they in? I know some at WDW are very rough.

The DVC availability calendar you researched is still pretty accurate. The studios definitely go first, but 1 and 2 BR usually have some more leeway for that time period. Peak holiday periods will go faster. Be aware of the late June changeover to peak summer points (on the points charts). That date changes each year on the point charts.

I just checked availability for an example:
1/2 BR: Much of December 2022 is still available and "January to 11 months" is wide open.
Studio: Much of December 2022 is gone. January is starting to get picked, and Presidents' Day Weekend is already booked.
Grand Villa: Similar to Studio -- much of December gone. MLK & Pres Weekend gone

There is also some consideration for which use year to buy, depending on your preferred travel time. You will find some articles on that; basically you don't want to be traveling late in your use year and risk a short cancellation to put points in holding. I will defer to the research on that. Happy Hunting! :thumbsup2

I've been doing my homework on here and on DVC help availability calendar and it seems like as long as I book at 11 to 10 months 2BR are fairly easy to get in the Late May to June period. The 3BR seems a bit more in demand (plus there is only 2 of them). Can anyone give me some wisdom on if buying with the intent to get rooms in this period is a good idea or will I have issues?

If your late May trip happens to include Memorial Day weekend, you’ll want to book ASAP once the booking window opens. Otherwise you should be good to go for 2 bedrooms at least. And yes, since there are only two 3 bedrooms, you’ll definitely want to book those as quickly as possible. 1 bedrooms are definitely the easiest to book imo. 🤗

Thanks for the responses Vacay, Sea, and Lily. Things are progressing on our finances and getting stuff pulled together to be ready to buy soon. I’m sure by the time we get through the buying process we’ll be a little beyond the 11 month window for our June 2023 trip but hopefully we’ll be able to get something :)

Thanks for the responses Vacay, Sea, and Lily. Things are progressing on our finances and getting stuff pulled together to be ready to buy soon. I’m sure by the time we get through the buying process we’ll be a little beyond the 11 month window for our June 2023 trip but hopefully we’ll be able to get something :)
I just purchased a VGC contract and availability is really good for 11 months for all rooms, but studios do book faster. You’ll be good .

Anyone know how to add a Dvc reservation to the Disneyland app? DVC says my regular reservation number should work and the Disneyland booking and grand Californian say I need a different one that no one can seem to find for me!

Anyone know how to add a Dvc reservation to the Disneyland app? DVC says my regular reservation number should work and the Disneyland booking and grand Californian say I need a different one that no one can seem to find for me!

I was able to add my DVC reservation to the Disneyland app using the reservation # in the booking email.

I do not know the answer, but would like to know the same thing. I called dvc this week, they said call the number that comes up on the app.

I told the first person I was staying in a dvc room. They asked what dvc was.

Then I talked to someone else who told me I must not have a reservation because it should start with a 1. I got transferred from dvc who confirmed my reservation number. It does not start with a 1.

Then they told me then you cannot link dvc reservation to the app. So I just have not linked it to the app.

I do not know the answer, but would like to know the same thing. I called dvc this week, they said call the number that comes up on the app.

Then I talked to someone else who told me I must not have a reservation because it should start with a 1. I got transferred from dvc who confirmed my reservation number. It does not start with a 1.

Then they told me then you cannot link dvc reservation to the app. So I just have not linked it to the app.
I think you were given incorrect info as I have successfully added several DVC reservations. I’ve done this by logging into the Disneyland website, then under Places to Stay, My Hotel Reservations, & click the Link a Reservation & add using the DVC reservation number you’ll see when you log into DVC. Once I’ve added it via the website, it shows up in the app for me.

I think you were given incorrect info as I have successfully added several DVC reservations. I’ve done this by logging into the Disneyland website, then under Places to Stay, My Hotel Reservations, & click the Link a Reservation & add using the DVC reservation number you’ll see when you log into DVC. Once I’ve added it via the website, it shows up in the app for me.
Yup, we did the same thing to link our July DVC stay.

This sounds exactly what I just went through - on the second call back to DVC I was told that I will receive an email from Disneyland about ten days out that will include a different reservation number (I assume that starts with a 1) and that no one can do anything until then. I questioned how I could make park reservations then in the resort bucket and was advised to buy my park tickets asap so I can make regular reservations. Hmm that doesn’t seem right. But not sure what else to do at this point.

This sounds exactly what I just went through - on the second call back to DVC I was told that I will receive an email from Disneyland about ten days out that will include a different reservation number (I assume that starts with a 1) and that no one can do anything until then. I questioned how I could make park reservations then in the resort bucket and was advised to buy my park tickets asap so I can make regular reservations. Hmm that doesn’t seem right. But not sure what else to do at this point.
i linked my DVC reservation through the website and it appears on the app.

Attachments

• 0C490FF2-764B-44BE-BB53-38B6FD118FC3.jpeg
    0C490FF2-764B-44BE-BB53-38B6FD118FC3.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 14
i linked my DVC reservation through the website and it appears on the app.
Well I don’t get it then because everyone today was saying I couldn’t do it. So frustrating. I asked to talk to tech support multiple times but no one knew who to transfer me to either.

Count me as another person who was able to link their VGC/DVC reservation and be able to view it in the Disneyland app (under Future Plans). Any CM who is telling you it can't be done is full of BS. I don't remember if I did the link on the website or in the app, sorry.

Given how lousy Disney's IT is, I have my doubts they can be of any assistance either.

Count me as another person who was able to link their VGC/DVC reservation and be able to view it in the Disneyland app (under Future Plans). Any CM who is telling you it can't be done is full of BS. I don't remember if I did the link on the website or in the app, sorry.

Given how lousy Disney's IT is, I have my doubts they can be of any assistance either.
I definitely did it in the app. My confirmation number is 12 digits and starts with a 5, if that helps @harmon54 and @Familyof4lovesDW

To do this from my android phone, I
  1. click on the 3 bars
  2. click future plans
  3. scroll to the bottom
  4. click Link to Account
  5. click Link Hotel
  6. enter my information. On my stuff it's called a "reservation confirmation #"
It linked no problem. I did that in January or February, so maybe Disney IT broke this function recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter