The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

We are staying in a 2 bedroom Villa from Dec 19-23rd. does anyone have picures of the two bedroom? We stayed in a 1 bedroom in the summer and i am curious as to how the 2 bedroom looks.

Thanks

I had dinner at Storyteller's yesterday. Here are my pics of the GCH Tree.

CopyofDSC_7191.jpg

CopyofDSC_7192.jpg

We stayed in a 1 bedroom in the summer and i am curious as to how the 2 bedroom looks.
The 2 bedroom looks exactly the same as a 1 bedroom, only with another room :teacher: :goodvibes
The lockoff 2 bedroom is a 1 bedroom with a studio added.
The dedicated 2 bedroom has the same arrangement of kitchen and master as a 1 bedroom, the added room has 2 beds.

Are there usually two robes in the closet or just one?
Two.
On my 2 visits to a 1 bedroom, there have been 2 robes in the bedroom closet and none in the other closet. There have always been 2 robes in regular hotel rooms at the Grand.

How many robes are in a 2 bedroom and Grand Villa?

Two.
On my 2 visits to a 1 bedroom, there have been 2 robes in the bedroom closet and none in the other closet. There have always been 2 robes in regular hotel rooms at the Grand.

How many robes are in a 2 bedroom and Grand Villa?

Thanks! We just had one. I'll mention this to the desk. I don't want to be charged for one when we check out.

Thanks for the Christmas tree pictures - it looks great!

Um about these bathrobes. Are they cleaned between guests? I know that sounds like a silly question, but how do you know they are sanitized? I don't want something on my body that has been on someone else's. :scared1:

Um about these bathrobes. Are they cleaned between guests? I know that sounds like a silly question, but how do you know they are sanitized? I don't want something on my body that has been on someone else's. :scared1:
The robes are cleaned, but it is possible that housekeeping will not replace a robe that has been hung back in the closet. It is a good idea to leave the used robe in the bathroom, or anywhere other than back in the closet.

I won the auction :wizard:
The print will be nice reminder of our vacation home :yay:

ahhh..so it was you who outbid me with 3 seconds left so I lost. Congratulations on a lovely win...maybe one day another will come up for auction and I'll win :)

The 2 bedroom looks exactly the same as a 1 bedroom, only with another room :teacher: :goodvibes
The lockoff 2 bedroom is a 1 bedroom with a studio added.
The dedicated 2 bedroom has the same arrangement of kitchen and master as a 1 bedroom, the added room has 2 beds.

Thank you.

The robes are cleaned, but it is possible that housekeeping will not replace a robe that has been hung back in the closet. It is a good idea to leave the used robe in the bathroom, or anywhere other than back in the closet.

Thanks for the information. So there is no way of knowing whether the person before hung a used robe back up or not?

The robes that were hanging in my studio this week were both tied at the waist with the robe cord. I can't say that that's a perfect indicator, but perhaps the housekeepers are supposed to tie them to indicate they're clean? Maybe if you don't find one tied it hasn't been cleaned? I don't know. But I've stayed in lots of hotels with robes, and never even gave it a thought that they might not be clean until the questions posed here.

Hi Everyone,
I know I posted my DLH pictures here, but I just posted a Mini TR on my WDW PTR. In case anyone is interested, it includes our trip to Club 33 and pictures from our performance.

Mini Disneyland Trip Report

The robes that were hanging in my studio this week were both tied at the waist with the robe cord. I can't say that that's a perfect indicator, but perhaps the housekeepers are supposed to tie them to indicate they're clean? Maybe if you don't find one tied it hasn't been cleaned? I don't know. But I've stayed in lots of hotels with robes, and never even gave it a thought that they might not be clean until the questions posed here.

Thanks for this information. Knowing that the robes are tied with the card makes me feel better about it. I didn't know if there were any "indicators" that the robes had been untouched. I know I am way overthinking this, but it helps pass the months while I wait for my trip. :rotfl:

Just joining in on the fun! We will be going "home" next week and staying in a 1 bedroom. In January we stayed in one of the Grand Villas with lots of family. It was beautiful and a great idea for a large group. My husband is DVC guy in our household but I am the trip organizer. Is there somewhere that I can read information about what's included in a villa (pots & pans etc) and what you are supposed to do in the villa at the end of your stay? I don't know if what we did in January was correct or not! Thanks! Marianne

Just bumping us up from the bottom of page two.
I don't post a lot, but read this thread every day or two. :)

DD & I are staying in a studio this coming weekend. I love DLR at Christmas time. Everything is so beautiful. And I can't wait to have a Hot Buttered Rum in the Hearthstone Lounge. They make really good ones. :thumbsup2

Yummmmm...That sounds good. I'll have to try one when I'm there next month. We'll be staying for four nights in a one bedroom for my birthday weekend. I can't wait!

Just joining in on the fun! We will be going "home" next week and staying in a 1 bedroom. In January we stayed in one of the Grand Villas with lots of family. It was beautiful and a great idea for a large group. My husband is DVC guy in our household but I am the trip organizer. Is there somewhere that I can read information about what's included in a villa (pots & pans etc) and what you are supposed to do in the villa at the end of your stay? I don't know if what we did in January was correct or not! Thanks! Marianne

Here's a link from another VGC thread, hope this helps!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36357181&postcount=451

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter