The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

My waitlist for a studio at VGC for Dec. 21 came through! And we're having lunch at Club 33 that day!!!!!!

Originally posted by toocherie
My waitlist for a studio at VGC for Dec. 21 came through! And we're having lunch at Club 33 that day!!!!!!

Glad to hear of a waitlist coming through. :)
There's hope for others still waiting.

Have a great trip! :santa:

Well if you got to get to WDW twice in that time, I should say you are so lucky. I haven't gone to WDW in two years. I am due, but this economy has to improve first.

Well, APs and cheaper airfare made it possible. Our airfare to CA is really killing us. We are hoping for a great deal before next May.

Sounds great. Enjoy!! :thumbsup2

Well, APs and cheaper airfare made it possible. Our airfare to CA is really killing us. We are hoping for a great deal before next May.

Sounds great. Enjoy!! :thumbsup2
Depending on where you are in TX you may be able to consider the train if time is not a factor. We can take AMTRAK from Alb to Fullerton round trip for about as much as one leg on a plane.

And wow! to the other poster, have a great time at Club 33!

My waitlist for a studio at VGC for Dec. 21 came through! And we're having lunch at Club 33 that day!!!!!![/QUOTE;]

That's so cool, having lunch at Club 33 is awesome...I'm so glad for you!!! I'll post a few pics from our dinner there last night, it was wonderful... we have a gal in our concert band who is a member, she arranges these wonderful dinners for members of our concert band each year, we play a concert (in CA Adventure sometimes DL always Sunday, and the night before our performance those who can afford to pay for dinner at Club 33 get to dine there. I was there last nite, we left around 12:00 at the hub heard that announcement about the park is closed and Main st is open for your shopping pleasure....

I barely made it to the room we were so dead! Goodnight!

I am not sure if anyone is interested in this, but I just wanted to let you all know that I posted my Founding Members print for The Villas at Disney's Grand Califorian, on eBay. Even when I pointed out that this is the most expensive piece of art in our home (those of you like us who rushed to purchase as Founding Members and didn't wait for the lowered prices / incentives understand), she wouldn't budge on the matter. I've had this print for well over a year now and no matter how much I try to convince her, my wife is not willing to put the print up in the house, as it "doesn't match the decor".

Being a guy, who inherently has difficulty chosing items of clothing that don't clash, I have no idea what our "decor" is. What I do know, however, is that so long as she doesn't want to hang it on the wall, the print will continue to reside in it's shipping box.

That being said, we decided that we'd put it on eBay and see if anyone wants to put it in their home. Hopefully the end result is that we get some cash to put towards Christmas and someone else gets a hard to find print to hang in their home.

If interested, here is the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Vacation-Club-Grand-Californian-Print-RARE-/270667692688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f050d3a90

I am not sure if anyone is interested in this, but I just wanted to let you all know that I posted my Founding Members print for The Villas at Disney's Grand Califorian, on eBay. Even when I pointed out that this is the most expensive piece of art in our home (those of you like us who rushed to purchase as Founding Members and didn't wait for the lowered prices / incentives understand), she wouldn't budge on the matter. I've had this print for well over a year now and no matter how much I try to convince her, my wife is not willing to put the print up in the house, as it "doesn't match the decor".

Being a guy, who inherently has difficulty chosing items of clothing that don't clash, I have no idea what our "decor" is. What I do know, however, is that so long as she doesn't want to hang it on the wall, the print will continue to reside in it's shipping box.

That being said, we decided that we'd put it on eBay and see if anyone wants to put it in their home. Hopefully the end result is that we get some cash to put towards Christmas and someone else gets a hard to find print to hang in their home.

If interested, here is the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Vacation-Club-Grand-Californian-Print-RARE-/270667692688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f050d3a90

I'd love that..perhaps....too bad no one has asked me what expensive Christmas present I'd like... :)

I am not sure if anyone is interested in this, but I just wanted to let you all know that I posted my Founding Members print for The Villas at Disney's Grand Califorian, on eBay. Even when I pointed out that this is the most expensive piece of art in our home (those of you like us who rushed to purchase as Founding Members and didn't wait for the lowered prices / incentives understand), she wouldn't budge on the matter.
I almost bought as Founding Member...
If the economy had been better I'm sure VGC would have sold out much faster, and it might have been important to be a Founding Member. I've been searching for VGC pins, and my ebay search picked up your print today.

Your print will sell, I've already bid :thumbsup2

Just got back from a weekend birthday trip staying in the park view Grand Villa. As much as I was impressed by the other units we've stayed in, the grand villa still manages to kick it up a notch, from the giant flat screen tv with built in surround sound, to the pool table, to the tv in the master bathroom mirror (aka the talking mirror as my 4 year old called it). Amazing! I also felt that they added more details in the furnishing and decorations, like an arts and crafts style grandfather clock, and an antique looking wall hanging just to name a few.

FYI, the view of the World of Color show from the Grand Villa was great. I haven't seen it from the ground yet, but I think we got the full experience. We could clearly make out the images on the water screens and of course could hear the sound perfectly through the World of Color channel on the TV. At any rate, the ability to enjoy it inside with a cocktail in hand on a rainy Saturday night was worth any trade off of going down to the viewing area and standing in the cold for a couple of hours! I'm sure I'll get down there in better weather.

A few other random details:
1. As nunzia confirmed, there is no non-stick fry pan. The knives are also terrible.
2. The fridge has an ice maker (don't remember that from the other units)
3. The park view side is a handicapped accessible unit. The kitchen counters are lower and the master bath has an accessible shower.
4. Hotel guests are still getting the 9am entry for the first crack at World of Color fastpasses (not that we used them this weekend).
5. We used a sitting service to watch the kids when we went to Napa Rose for dinner. She came straight the the villa and charged $12/hour for 2 kids. If anyone's looking for a recommendation, feel free to PM me.

Just got back from a weekend birthday trip staying in the park view Grand Villa...
Please post some pictures, both the inside of the Grand Villa and the view.
My first Grand Villa trip will be in June, when Little Mermaid and Star Tours are open :goodvibes

This sounds so cool! :goodvibes I've already decided that for my 50th birthday I am going to book dinner at the Napa Rose in the private dining room, but I'm thinking it would be really cool to put my favorite family and friends in a Grand Villa, also because I would LOVE to stay in Grand Villa and living in Long Beach I certainly could not justify staying in one unless it was for something like my 50th!

However, by posting this I am actually publicly admitting that I am approaching that birthdate.... :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: wait didn't I say that I'm approaching my 21st birthday and want to do it up big?

This sounds so cool! :goodvibes I've already decided that for my 50th birthday I am going to book dinner at the Napa Rose in the private dining room, but I'm thinking it would be really cool to put my favorite family and friends in a Grand Villa, also because I would LOVE to stay in Grand Villa and living in Long Beach I certainly could not justify staying in one unless it was for something like my 50th!

However, by posting this I am actually publicly admitting that I am approaching that birthdate.... :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: wait didn't I say that I'm approaching my 21st birthday and want to do it up big?

Sounds wonderful to me!

Oh no, now you've made me realize I'm getting close to THAT birthday too! :scared1: We're suppose to be going to Kauai the month before THAT birthday so I guess that will make it not so hard to swallow. :laughing: Maybe we should stop in at Aulani for a few nights too!

Sounds wonderful to me!

Oh no, now you've made me realize I'm getting close to THAT birthday too! :scared1: We're suppose to be going to Kauai the month before THAT birthday so I guess that will make it not so hard to swallow. :laughing: Maybe we should stop in at Aulani for a few nights too!

I'm PAST that birthday, and you know, it's not so bad... :)

I like that plan! I've got a few years to plan for THAT birthday (I just had the one BEFORE that birthday in October... though I am now in my 5th decade because of the BEFORE birthday :rolleyes1) so hopefully DW and I can model something like that for my turn with THAT birthday when it's time.

what do you mean by "Subscribe"? :confused3

When you "subscribe" to a thread, you then can choose to get updates via email when someone else adds to that thread, or you can choose not to get updates but you can then see all of your "subscribed" threads that have been updated in one place. So if you have a particular thread (like this one) that you want to be able to check on often without searching for it, you can simply hit your USER CP link above in the top left corner, and it will display all of your chosen threads. The ones with updates will then be in bold print, and the ones not updated recently will be in plain print. It's just a quick and easy way to identify and go back into a thread you want to pay attention to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter