The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My reaction exactly. Simple math- comes out to $446K before closing assuming it was member pricing ($458K if it was a new member). Good luck if they ever need to unload it... Almost feels like malpractice to sell a single deed that large.
I sincerely hope the person who did that has enough money to not really care whether or not they can ever unload that thing.

Good sales for both VGF and RIV. The big piece of data that I think is interesting is that only 43k of those 177K were new buyers, or a buyer like me you added a different UY.

It was half of sales of March which was only owners. So it will be good next month to see more new buyers data because that means more for potential changes for DVD to adjust things.

RIV went up 30k points which is a good number. Average contract size is 186. VGF average contract size 150.

IMO, not well enough yet for them to decide on resale restrictions or what to do with Poly tower since VGF sparked sales but did not take away from RIV in a meaningful was as we already knew current owners are not a fan of restrictions.

Last edited:
Good sales for both VGF and RIV. The big piece of data that I think is interesting is that only 43k of those 177K were new buyers, or a buyer like me you added a different UY.

It was half of sales of March which was only owners. So it will be good next month to see more new buyers data because that means more for potential changes for DVD to adjust things.

RIV went up 30k points which is a good number. Average contract size is 186. VGF average contract size 150.

IMO, not well enough yet for them to decide on resale restrictions or what to do with Poly tower since VGF sparked sales but did not take away from RIV in a meaningful was as we already knew current owners are not a fan of restrictions.
I agree. We've all said you are likely having a pretty substantial spillover from March sales that didn't close until April. It will taper off but will even continue into May and June as last payments are made on 60 and 90 day payment plans. We will have a much better idea on the true success of VGF vs. RIV in June or July IMHO.

I agree. We've all said you are likely having a pretty substantial spillover from March sales that didn't close until April. It will taper off but will even continue into May and June as last payments are made on 60 and 90 day payment plans. We will have a much better idea on the true success of VGF vs. RIV in June or July IMHO.
I agree that we’ll get a better sense of the trends this summer, but I’ve been curious about DVC’s April numbers & of course the article drops while I’m on vacation w/out cell/internet service!
The data shows VGF sold just under 178,000 pts., Riv sold just over 93,000 points so roughly 270,000 total direct WDW points sold between the 2 in active sales. Riv.‘s share was approx. 34%, VGF’s share was approx. 66%, thus If those comparative numbers continue, for whatever reason, buyers are opting for VGF over Riv at about a 2 to 1 ratio.
If VGF stays at 178,000 per month, it’ll sell out 9 months from now. If Riv. stays at 93,000 per month it’ll sell out in about 41 months.

I agree that we’ll get a better sense of the trends this summer, but I’ve been curious about DVC’s April numbers & of course the article drops while I’m on vacation w/out cell/internet service!
The data shows VGF sold just under 178,000 pts., Riv sold just over 93,000 points so roughly 270,000 total direct WDW points sold between the 2 in active sales. Riv.‘s share was approx. 34%, VGF’s share was approx. 66%, thus If those comparative numbers continue, for whatever reason, buyers are opting for VGF over Riv at about a 2 to 1 ratio.
If VGF stays at 178,000 per month, it’ll sell out 9 months from now. If Riv. stays at 93,000 per month it’ll sell out in about 41 months.
It’ll be interesting to see if the market volatility affects DVC sales this summer or not.

The vast majority of sales at VGF have been current owners adding on which typically happens during the presale for owners only. I wish the article had broken down the 93K for RIV between new buyers and add ons like it did for VGF to see how those sales compared with each group.

I think that 177K for VGF was due to the great incentives for March for owners and now that those are gone, I would be surprised to see that level continue, but why I can't wait to see May numbers when it will include all buyers who had the option to chose between the two for the entire sales period being reported!

Purchased 175 points for vgf2! I was able to get 3 days at Riviera during our trip. No buyer's remorse so far.
Surprisingly I Feel like I want to be stingy with points and then remember to use them or lose them. I feel like 175 was the perfect amount for us for now. Maybe in the future we will add on to do 1bedrooms but for now I feel like I'm rolling in points. :cool1:

Purchased 175 points for vgf2! I was able to get 3 days at Riviera during our trip. No buyer's remorse so far.
Surprisingly I Feel like I want to be stingy with points and then remember to use them or lose them. I feel like 175 was the perfect amount for us for now. Maybe in the future we will add on to do 1bedrooms but for now I feel like I'm rolling in points. :cool1:
Congratulations! I keep going around in my head on how many points we should get. Decided to wait a couple months. With the way things are going in the economy (and lack of incentives for new buyers), I’m not feeling too worried about price. So in the next three months, I need to decide - first we were going to do 150. I’ve decided that’s too few. Then I was thinking 175. At one point I went all the way up to needing 225 😂 I think 200 might be our sweet spot but it’s a hard decision! I’m probably overthinking it.

Do you all think the pricing or incentives change for VGF or RIV over the next year?

Yes. The price increase for RIV has seemed to change every year around February. But I can’t believe that the incentives in June, given the current sales numbers, won’t be slightly reduced than current offerings.

What do we think will happen when current pricing expires next week - do you think the base pricing of $207 /pt will change or only the incentives?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter