The Very First Dis Book Club Discussion Thread - The Pirate Latitudes

Linda, no need to apologize! I'm glad you were able to share your thoughts on the book. Are you going to join us for the next round?

Reminder to All: Please fill out the survey in Post 211 regarding Round 2!

Linda, no need to apologize! I'm glad you were able to share your thoughts on the book. Are you going to join us for the next round?

Thanks NikkiBell, I do plan on participating depending on the selection. I did complete the survey and listed some recommendations, but in general I read all areas of fiction (including mysteries which were not listed). Thanks!

Seafaring folk were very superstitious.

I didn't think that Lady Sarah really knew magic. I think she saw women do it and maybe she saw it as a parlor game.

I think you're right about that. And isn't it amazing that what women thought of as parlour tricks men think is a threat and are more then willing to throw you overboard for!;)

One of the things that struck me as surprising (not sure why though lol) was how Hunter went about killing so many people during the very end of the novel. It was surprising to me, but I'm not sure why. I guess the author put that sequence in to further prove the point that pirates were dangerous, cruel, and barbaric.

I was disappointed that we heard so little of Anne Sharpe and Lady Sarah. I really expected some big twist at the end where they revealed surprising information about the girls. That was a big let down for me. Anyone else?

Hi folks....

Let me know when this thread is reaching it's end and I will begin a new discussion thread for whatever book is chosen as our nexy book club selection.

I will leave this thread open for further discussion ...well at least until I see it has become far less active.

Once the ABD trip is complete, I hope to be far more active with the discussion.

By the way...I think Nikki is doing an AWESOME job with this and would like to publicly say THANK YOU!!!!!

Yes, there were several people who could have been interesting, but we just didn't get to them much. I bet this makes a better movie than book.

I can see it as a movie, but it'd be so much of a POTC rip-off. That'd turn me off a bit.

Okay folks....it seems that the time has come to pick a new book club selection.

I will leave this thread open as long as it remains active.

Once the conversation slows, I'll close it.

Look for the 2nd Book Club thread at the top of the Dis Unplugged Board.

Nikki is announcing the new selection very soon!

The announcement has been made! Boy, I feel like I'm at the Oscars or something! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter