The Updated and All-Inclusive Costume Thread

While I wait for W&D links to go live I figured I’d share my springtime costume update…..
5K joy is done only addition would be if I found a decent blue visor at the expo or beforehand if not the blue headband I have will suffice

10k I just need to add ’shriek’ letters to my monsters university sorority girl look

10m I need to iron on a design to my shirt and potentially make an over skirt for cozy merida

My costume for the 10-miler is going to be Marie. Lots of white and baby pink. And I bought longer compression shorts since I started chafing during the Princess 10K! Thank GOD I was close to an aid station and didn't chafe long. I never chafed before wearing my standard compression shorts but it was 93% humidity and I don't expect it to be much different for Springtime.

I've got my costume ideas worked out for Springtime Surprise. Still need to put some bits and pieces together, though.

5k - Fillmore. Mint green tank (that needs some hippie decor added), silver sparkle skirt, black shorts, probably a headband with some flowers or something added.

10k - George Sanderson. Orange tank with "We have a 2319!" on the front and a sock on the back, yellow tutu and orange shorts. Need to find a way to add a horn to my head somehow... probably another headband.

10 miler - Zurg. Some sort of Zurg-looking tank, purple sparkle skirt, black shorts, black and red cape, purple sparkle visor with horns added. Need to see if I can find a way to make the cape stand up at the neck.

The last piece that I needed to figure out was which shoes with which outfit. With the beginning of Spring I had to put a new pair in rotation and choose these. I nicknamed them Woody. And now I run looking at them instead of forward… Ooooh.
1679536623687.jpeg

Some testing will also come with the warmer weather.

My costume for the 10-miler is going to be Marie. Lots of white and baby pink. And I bought longer compression shorts since I started chafing during the Princess 10K! Thank GOD I was close to an aid station and didn't chafe long. I never chafed before wearing my standard compression shorts but it was 93% humidity and I don't expect it to be much different for Springtime.
I would LOVE to see your costume. I really want to do a Marie costume for DL as she is one of my favorites, but I don’t look very good in white at all and it will make it about 3 minutes before I stain it somehow

I would LOVE to see your costume. I really want to do a Marie costume for DL as she is one of my favorites, but I don’t look very good in white at all and it will make it about 3 minutes before I stain it somehow
I’m not sure about the calf sleeves but here are the pieces. I got the skirt from Kawaiian Pizza Apparel, the shirt is Under Armour, and the visor is Sparkle Athletics.

Attachments

• BF929DFA-1DBD-48D1-B04E-0749961A04FD.jpeg
    BF929DFA-1DBD-48D1-B04E-0749961A04FD.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 7CDCA99A-089D-4B93-8DF5-C6E3EC03687F.jpeg
    7CDCA99A-089D-4B93-8DF5-C6E3EC03687F.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 23
I saw a photo of someone dressed as Miss Fritter from Cars 3 and her kid was dressed as Lightning McQueen. :D

costume-tangential:

anyone wanna talk to me about the different cricut models?

I'm not an expert by any means, but I do have a Cricut Maker. I bought this model because it can cut fabric, but I've yet to use it for that.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I do have a Cricut Maker. I bought this model because it can cut fabric, but I've yet to use it for that.
yeah..costco has a maker for like $270, but at michaels it's a "maker 3" and is over $400. And the explore (i think?) is like $200. so idk. I feel like this is a rabbit hole I could go down, but don't necessarily want to, and that I just need someone to tell me which one to get. 🤣

Hi everyone! I'm starting to put ideas together for the DL races next Jan since I know they'll take time to make but haven't done rD since the final Avengers in '17 and I'm rusty. :) Does anybody have any input or experience on how strict they are with the guidelines on costumes or is it kinda of more up to the judgement of the CMs and volunteers?

I was thinking for the 10k doing the old DL sign that used to be on Harbor and on the marquee part writing something about welcoming back rD runners or something like that. For construction, it'd kind of be like a sandwich board secured over my head so not terribly big, and the lettering across the chest and sticking out past my arms a little. I'm wondering if that would be okay? I saw some costumes this past season of old VHS holders and someone with a life size picture frame, I just wanted to see if my idea would be good.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm starting to put ideas together for the DL races next Jan since I know they'll take time to make but haven't done rD since the final Avengers in '17 and I'm rusty. :) Does anybody have any input or experience on how strict they are with the guidelines on costumes or is it kinda of more up to the judgement of the CMs and volunteers?

I was thinking for the 10k doing the old DL sign that used to be on Harbor and on the marquee part writing something about welcoming back rD runners or something like that. For construction, it'd kind of be like a sandwich board secured over my head so not terribly big, and the lettering across the chest and sticking out past my arms a little. I'm wondering if that would be okay? I saw some costumes this past season of old VHS holders and someone with a life size picture frame, I just wanted to see if my idea would be good.

Thanks!
I’ve seen costumes like that at the WDW races, so you should be fine

Thanks!
I think as long as it doesn’t interfere with other runners, you should be fine. I’ve only heard of one time when a couple runners were wearing some huge inflatable costumes and they were asked to remove them. Luckily they had running clothes underneath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter