The trip to make up for the cold (July 2012) Done 02/04

Part 5: Still more POR

POR 268 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 269 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 271 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And it did rain. Quite heavily. So I went inside to take some indoor pictures before heading to the bus.

POR 272 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 273 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 274 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 275 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 276 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 277 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 278 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 279 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 280 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 281 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 282 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

One day I will buy a Mickey hard shelled suitcase.

POR 283 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 284 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I put on my poncho and ran to the bus stop.

POR 285 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 286 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 287 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 288 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 289 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Which park would I go to?

Hi I found you through eeyore04's tr:) Ahhhh i love the pics on those beds,how cute are they?OMG thats the pool I swam in almost everynight in september.(you have full permission to check out my report,honestly go ahead lol)I love your yellow shirt and that blue one I hope thewy are still available when I go back in May(maybe you can let me know if you see them in March)I agree about mainstreet ,I say we build ourselves a n apartment over the confectionary and just move right on in :rolleyes1 DROOL!!! You have pics of chocolate croidssants and i have absoloutely no interest in waiting 4 months to eat one of those bad boys I NEEEEEEEEEEED ONE NOW!!!!!!!AGH!!! I was just telling someone earlier today how I want those mickey shoes you wore to DHS are they good for the day in the parks? how did you like them?I so need to get a pair.thats one of the things I really regret not buying last time.Oh Sunshine seasons home of the worlds greatest strawberry shortcake YUm!:wave2:

Hi I found you through eeyore04's tr:) Ahhhh i love the pics on those beds,how cute are they?OMG thats the pool I swam in almost everynight in september.(you have full permission to check out my report,honestly go ahead lol)I love your yellow shirt and that blue one I hope thewy are still available when I go back in May(maybe you can let me know if you see them in March)I agree about mainstreet ,I say we build ourselves a n apartment over the confectionary and just move right on in :rolleyes1 DROOL!!! You have pics of chocolate croidssants and i have absoloutely no interest in waiting 4 months to eat one of those bad boys I NEEEEEEEEEEED ONE NOW!!!!!!!AGH!!! I was just telling someone earlier today how I want those mickey shoes you wore to DHS are they good for the day in the parks? how did you like them?I so need to get a pair.thats one of the things I really regret not buying last time.Oh Sunshine seasons home of the worlds greatest strawberry shortcake YUm!:wave2:

Welcome! I will check for the shirts! I was not planning to shop, but I know me... I will shop! And I'll take pictures of things that I like. ;) So you will know. I could live on Main Street! Let's do it!

The shoes are even more comfortable than I thought they would be! I wear them often, they are my "indoor" shoes at school! The students and staff know me as the Disney teacher, and random kids will come up to tell me about their trips to Disney world or to show me their shirts/pencils whatever! :rotfl2:

Strawberry shortcakes... yummy!

I will be sure to check out your TR!

thank you for your very interesting TR

No problem! Thank you for reading!

Part 6: EPCOT!

It was still raining when I got to Epcot, so I kept my poncho on… and I didn’t end up taking a picture until I was already in World Showcase. I thought I would be able to catch the tail end of an Off Kilter show, but I guess they weren’t playing in the rain? I’m not sure, but I know they were not there when I got to Canada.

Epcot 88 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I wasn’t sure why there was smoke coming out of Japan.

Epcot 89 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I thought of doing the pick a pearl again, but they were really busy and I didn’t quite want to wait all afternoon, then wait to have it set in something. So instead, I browsed the shop, taking pictures to show my Japan obsessed nephew.

Epcot 90 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 91 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I debated buying him a puzzle, but then I remembered that he hated puzzles. Or at least he doesn’t enjoy them like I do.

Epcot 92 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 93 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Japan sells all kinds of odd gadgets.

Epcot 94 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I ended up buying a few things for my nephew, and a Pichu stuffed Pokemon for my niece. I’d already bought her a Mickey Mouse Purse (Hey maybe that was the pink thing I’d bought at WOD!), but I knew how much she loved PIchu. She was forever asking me to print Pichu coloring pages.

Epcot 95 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 96 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 99 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 101 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 102 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 103 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I bought myself a Kaki Gori. I love the strawberry one, and I’m not much of a snow cone eater. In fact, I only once bought a snow cone to see if it tasted like a Kaki Gori. It didn’t. I like the Kaki Gori best, so that’s all I get.

Epcot 104 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I was telling myself this will be the last time I walk through Epcot for a long while, so take some wide scenic pictures… I like the look with the wet ground.

Epcot 105 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 106 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 107 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 108 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I stood in this area looking at the beautiful foliage and called Rose. I was sad the trip was coming to an end. So I looked at this for a few minutes, taking pictures. It was really a pretty spot in Epcot.

Epcot 109 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 110 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 112 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

This is one of the “only at Disney” type of pictures. I have never seen someone sweep water off of a walkway before.

Epcot 113 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Part 8: Journey into the Imagination with Figment!

I wanted to ride Journey into the Imagination. One of my nieces loves this ride, well, or just loves the idea of Figment, so I wanted to get some shots for her.

Epcot 125 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 126 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 127 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 128 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 129 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 130 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 131 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 132 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 133 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 134 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 134 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 135 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 136 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 137 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 138 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 139 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 140 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 141 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 142 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 143 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Have you ever read a trip report with that much Figment in it? Hahaha

Well we are a good pair because at my daughters school i'm known as the "mickey mom" all the staff n students know me that way lol.
about the shoes....I was gonna get them online but i saw the reviews weren't good for the sizing so I think i'll just cross my fingers super tight n hope I can get them in May n try them on .
Oh Figment he's the cutest!!!Love him :love:

Well we are a good pair because at my daughters school i'm known as the "mickey mom" all the staff n students know me that way lol.
about the shoes....I was gonna get them online but i saw the reviews weren't good for the sizing so I think i'll just cross my fingers super tight n hope I can get them in May n try them on .
Oh Figment he's the cutest!!!Love him :love:

I hope you can find the shoes! I couldn't find many pairs when I was there in July. I got this at DL last March. I wish I'd bought more because they really are comfortable. One day in DL when I first got them, I found they hurt a little, but not since.

One of the teachers at school just brought me some Mickey tea towels that they found. They had gone a few years ago, but the whole family got sick, for practically the whole trip because it went through all of them. They found them over the holidays and she didn't want them, never used (not that I'd care honestly!) so she gave them to me. LOL And Mickey things have appeared by my door with no one telling me they gave it to me! :goodvibes

The funniest when I heard to students from an upper grade talking. I'd never taught them and they were saying "You know Ms. ... " "Yeah." "Did you know she likes Mickey Mouse?" "Yeah isn't that cool?" :lmao:

Gorgeous pics, as always!

We always love Figment as well!

Thanks!

And it's nice to find some Figment fans!

Part 9: Goodbye Epcot

Epcot 145 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 146 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 147 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 148 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 149 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 150 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 151 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 153 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Epcot 154 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Bye Epcot! I’ll be back again someday! (Sooner than I’d thought really!!!)

I decided to take the monorail to the TTC, where I would switch to the resort monorail and get off at the GF. I wanted to get some supper at Gasparilla’s.

Epcot 155 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

That’s a lot of people going through bag check!

Epcot 156 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I decided to take a picture that I’d never taken before… the parking lot! LOL

Monorail 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

At the TTC, I ended up being very close to the front of the line for the resort monorail. A family behind me was having a discussion about the other monorail and someone said they were both the same, they could take the other monorail to the hotel too if they wanted. Being the good Diser that I am, I politely corrected them and explained that the other monorail was the express to MK. They were very glad they got in the right line!

I actually saw the shoes in Epcot in September so I'm going to go there again,but at that time I was replacing my old croc flip flops with new ones :D

I actually saw the shoes in Epcot in September so I'm going to go there again,but at that time I was replacing my old croc flip flops with new ones :D

Oh! That's awesome! I will buy another pair in March if I find them... Maybe two! :rotfl: Another student I didn't know told me at school today that he liked my shoes.

Part 10: Grand Floridian again

I got off at the beautiful Grand Floridian and wandered around on my way to Gasparilla’s Grill and Games, the QS restaurant.

Monorail 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Monorail 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 53 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 54 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 55 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 56 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I went in to the restaurant and decided that there was nothing really calling out to be eaten, so I left and continued walking around the resort a little bit.

GF 57 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 59 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The second building on the right was the one I slept in for three nights. We paid for the room, we didn’t just sleep in the lobby though.

GF 60 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 61 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 62 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My sister jumped over one of the bushes near here and fell. It was so funny!

GF 63 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 64 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 64 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The back entrance to “our” building.

GF 65 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We watched the fireworks from right here. I took out my tripod that day and got some interesting shots. I should have used a bigger zoom though, now that I think back. Maybe one day I’ll stay there again.

GF 66 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

“Our” room is in the corner.

GF 67 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 69 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 70 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 71 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 72 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

New DVC at the GF.

GF 73 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GF 74 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

So my sister decided that she and her family will not be coming in March. :sad:

But I'm still going! :) It will be sad to not have them, as I was looking forward to seeing my nieces' faces light up when they see the castle etc, but oh well.

I will stick with my plan of AoA for one night and Pop Century for the rest of the trip. I might stick around AoA that first morning so I can check out the pool and then take a shower before my lunch ADR at Les Chefs de France. I thought the other day that it will be my only chance to see the pool, as it will be locked up to me when I'm at Pop.

I will arrive on a Saturday, take the DME bus to AoA and check in. I will try ;) to pack light and just have my camera bag, so I won't have anything to bring to my room. I'll probably want something to eat, since I'll have left home at about 8:20 that morning (going to 8:30 am mass before leaving for Halifax right after) and it will be about 12 hours later by then. Something to eat at AoA and then walk around taking pictures on my way to my room. Wander the resort, take many resort area pictures, take many, MANY, pictures of the room too!!!

The next morning, breakfast at the resort, and hopefully pool time if it's nice enough. Then more daytime pictures after my shower and a walk over to Pop. I don't mind lugging my suitcase with me.

extras9.jpg

It's been a while since I've stayed there, but I spent both my March Break trips at Pop, so it's kind of fitting to be there again!

IMG_9961.jpg

IMG_9990.jpg

I can't wait to get many more pictures, and get a nice blue sky in them too!

I am looking forward to seeing all the palm trees too. :thumbsup2

IMG_9997.jpg

I got a Standard Room this time, having gotten preferred both other times, and every other time I've stayed at a value. I don't think I need it now. I wanted it the other times but now I know what walking at Disney is like, and I don't mind it at all. I didn't even put in a room request. I might later ask for 50s section, upper floor. I'm not sure though.

IMG_0024.jpg

This is the entrance to AoA. I walked the bridge once on a trip to Pop for lunch.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Part 12: Walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA.

I took the monorail to MK. You know the feeling when you walk in knowing that when you leave, you won’t be back for a long time? That was my feeling!

MK 278 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 279 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 280 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 281 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 282 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 283 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 284 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 285 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 286 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 287 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I love when they do these!

MK 288 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 289 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I waited until they finished.

MK 290 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The CM who made Donald.

MK 291 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 292 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

She made Minnie.

MK 293 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 294 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I went to Pecos Bill’s for supper. I got a chicken Caesar salad, a chocolate cake and a diet coke.

The salad was decent.

MK 295 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 296 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 297 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I didn’t eat all the cake.

MK 298 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter