"The Trip" - Part 3 (Wasted away again in Margaritaville)

Tombstone

Earning My Ears
Cast:
Rawry: That’s me! 43
Mitchy Mama: My partner in Disney 39/40
Devo: The oldest son 16/17
JoJo: The middle child 13
Sissy: Her Highness 5
MeMe: Mother in Law ????

Wasted away again in Margaritaville

Thursday, June 12th / Day 2

When we went to bed last night, the boys told me that they planned on getting up early and hit the coasters before they met us for breakfast. I said sure, but the rest of us planned to sleep in just a little bit. After all, we had the power. We had hotel keys and weren’t afraid to use them. We could bypass any line we chose. We did not have to get to the park early, that was for those other people that had to stand in the regular lines. We would just whip those babies out and breeze through all of the rides. At least, I thought so.

Eventually the rest of us got moving and we managed to get dressed about the time the boys made it back. I switched on the weather channel to see what the forecast was back home. Chance of Thundershowers. Oh boy, I hope my nightmare doesn’t come true. The boys were in a chipper mood though. They were successful on their crusade and were now ready for a day of more serene rides. We made it downstairs and found the Starbucks. Had a light breakfast of pastries and Java. Not quite the same as the beer and peanuts, but they still went together nicely. I broke out the Fan Club card but was told that it didn’t work there. Drats …. I’ve been denied my discount.

We took that lovely stroll to Universal along the pathway from the Hard Rock. Once we got to the park entrance, there was a big celebration going on for the opening of Shrek. Today was its grand opening to the public and there was a lot of media around to cover the event. I made a mental note to make sure that we saw this before we left for the day.

Our first stop was a character meet with Shaggy and Scooby. After taking the obligatory pictures and obtaining autographs, we were on our way. We managed to make it through Terminator and ET before the natives started demanding food. Not just any food. Each person had a different idea of what sounded good. We scoured the park map reading the description of every restaurant in the park. Of course the restaurant that everyone finally decided on was on the other side of the park from where we were. So off we hiked to “Richters Burgers”. The name of their hamburger is called “The Big One”. As I’m standing in line waiting to place my order, my mind is racing with all of the clever ways that I can order this wonder. I bet I had a dozen possibilities picked out by the time we finally made it to the cashier. Then what do I do? I chicken out. But I do manage to produce the old Fan Club card to reap that 10% reward.

After lunch we took in Men in Black, Jaws, Twister and Earthquake before deciding to head toward Shrek. The line was HUGE. We asked the attendant at the Express Pass entrance how long the wait was and he stated - - 40 minutes. WOW. He said that’s o.k., the other line is at least twice that long. I am determined to experience this and convince everyone to wait with me. We ended up waiting about thirty minutes to get into the pre-show. The storyline was very good and I enjoyed the whole thing. The show itself had some really good effects that you just have to experience.

We headed back to the hotel to rest awhile before we headed off to dinner. I know I said we don’t do that type of thing, but I’m trying to learn. I managed to polish off the rest of the beer left from the night before while lounging around the old room and the girls got ready.

Before long we headed off to dinner. Tonight we decided to share some of our money with Jimmy Buffet. I was really looking forward to this meal. We strolled up to the podium and I displayed my hotel key. They took our name and said there would be a 45 minute wait. How can this be, I thought? We have the all powerful super duper pass and here are now two things in a row that we have had to wait for. I was told that the normal line had a 90 minute wait, so I left pacified for now. We split up and made our way to the many stores around CityWalk while waiting for our name to be called.

Promptly 45 minutes after our name was given, they returned the favor and gave our name back to us. We were led to a lovely booth in the main dining area. This place really has a Key West flavor to it. There were several people walking around on stilts making balloon hats for different tables. Sissy of course had to have one and was soon wearing a pink balloon parrot on her head. Food was very good as was the service, but the margaritas were outstanding. They don’t call it Margaritaville for nothing. Once again flashed that Fan Club card to receive my well earned discount and we were on our way.

Devo and JoJo decided they wanted to see a movie before returning to the Hotel. 2 Fast 2 Furious or something like that was calling them. I think a little of that and they wanted to spend a little time away from the parents and grandma for awhile.

We quickly found our way back to our rooms only to discover that they don’t bring the beer every night. I was hoping, but they weren’t delivering. Oh well, I guess it’s one of those once per stay things. Get ready for bed because tomorrow is a big day. It’s Mitchy MaMa’s big 40th birthday. And of all things on Friday the 13th.

Thanks for posting your trip reports!! They are very detailed (are you an engineer?;) ) Did you post your last trip here? Seems like I remember your trip from last time! Keep 'em comming! :bounce:

You sure have a way with words:p Love your reports, Keep them coming:bounce: :Pinkbounc

So far I am really enjoying your reports. Can't wait for the Disney part! My mom just turned 50 on the Friday the 13th. It was a good day but to be on vacation would have been even better. Hope she had a great day. Dawn

I'm reading your reports real slow..hopefully I'll get to day 4 this week sometime

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter