"The Trip" - Part 11 (You got some mighty fast fingers there son)

Tombstone

Earning My Ears
Cast:
Rawry: That’s me! 43
Mitchy Mama: My partner in Disney 39/40
Devo: The oldest son 16/17
JoJo: The middle child 13
Sissy: Her Highness 5
MeMe: Mother in Law ????

You got some mighty fast fingers there son.

Friday, June 20th / Day 10

Todays forecast was for rain, rain, and then a little more rain. I guess Blizzard Beach will have to wait for our next trip. I knew we should have taken advantage of it earlier in the week, but these things happen. Mitchy MaMa has been giving me quite a bit of grief over this though. Seems I didn’t factor rain in while working on our plans. We decided to hit MGM this morning and kind of play it by ear for the rest of the day. You know the routine by now. Devo runs ahead, yada yada yada. By mid morning it’s really starting to rain, so we confined ourselves to mostly indoor activities. Running from show to show, attraction to attraction, and gift shop to gift shop. We then went to Millionaire. I knew right away that this place is habit forming. If we had done this earlier in the week, we would have not gotten anything else done. It took us all the first game to really figure out how this whole thing worked. By the time they reached the 32,000 point question on the second player; I’m now in first place on the point board. Unfortunately the show ended before anyone else could get in the hot seat. The whole family voted to do this again. During the next show, three of us made into the top ten the entire show but again never managed to make it to the seat.

We decided to grab some fast food for lunch today. That way we could get back to Millionaire as quickly as we could. This was almost like the Kaki Gori’s. It had somehow taken control of our lives. Must play Millionaire. Must play Millionaire. It was the only voice that I could hear. Since we were near the Commissary we thought it might be a good choice. Apparently we weren’t the only ones who had made this same conclusion. Actually we moved pretty quickly in line up to the point that where we placed our order. From this spot to the counter where you pick up your food is approximately 10 feet. It took 30 minutes to progress those final inches. Don’t these people realize that we have to catch the next Millionaire! With the rain outside and everyone crammed in here, I was mighty glad that I’m not too much of a claustrophobic. By the way, the fish and chips here are outstanding. Not worth a thirty minute wait but still mighty tasty.

After lunch we headed back to Millionaire. Devo had a theory now. He was just going to start pressing buttons as fast as he could in the fastest finger round. He decided that there would never be enough time to figure out the correct order and enter it in time. He chose his sequence and was all set. I however, decided to stick with my tried and true method of trying to figure things out as quickly as I could and then enter the answer. When the show started and we got our first question I entered my answer as quickly as I could. I was satisfied that this time I was really quick with my answer. They announced the seat with the fastest answer and it was just a couple down from me. Shoot… I was so close. The guy next to me leaned over and asked “Is that your kid?”. I looked over and Devo is trotting down the stairs heading for the chair. Well I’ll be danged. Come to find out he messed up entering the order that he had picked out but won anyway. The host was having a good time trying to fix him up with different girls in the audience and goofing around with him. This kid is a cool customer. I would be sweating like a pig and a nervous wreck. He looks relaxed like he could be kicked back in the recliner at home. He really surprised me on knowing a few of his answers. Devo tried to win some points with the audience here. When he was asked what was his favorite part of Disney World he said that he knew he was supposed to say Millionaire, but it was the time that he got to spend with his family. A big “ahhhhh” from the audience, and me yelling “That’s my boy!”. At the 32000 point question he got a tough one though. When the host first started reading the question it was about the movie “Minority Report”. This should be easy I thought since he had just rented the movie a couple of weeks ago. Then he finished the question. The plot of the movie is based upon a short story by this author. Not a clue what the answer is. He polled the audience and then went with their answer. Unfortunately, we were wrong. He did get some nice prizes though. The next girl that was in the hot seat was a freshman in college and a real cutie. The host then kept trying to fix the two of them up for the rest of the show.

After the show we had to sign some release forms. I wonder if I have to claim this on my taxes? It was kind of funny that after the show, almost every place we went someone recognized Devo. Some would just point and others would come up and talk with him. He felt like such a big celebrity.

We had a tough time figuring out where to eat our last dinner. We had so many great meals during this trip. Finally we decided to give the House of Blues a try. We have talked about going here on our last couple of trips. Secretly I was hoping that maybe we could stop into Bongo’s again. About the time we made it to the West Side tonight, it really started pouring. Your basic pour a bucket of water over my head type of downpour. We got our name in and headed back out into the swimming pool. We swam over to the Virgin Megastore to hang out for awhile and maybe dry out a little. Mitchy MaMa only thought we weren’t going to make it to a water park today. We didn’t even have to use a plus feature on our passes for this one. Sissy put on a pair of headphones and was dancing in the aisles. Soon it was time to head back to the restaurant and now raining even harder. Good thing these places were close together because the designer ponchos were nestled safely back at the hotel. We didn’t want to have to expose them to weather conditions like this.

I was pleasantly surprised again tonight. The margaritas were big and powerful. So powerful that I decided to have another while my guard was weakened. The food was wonderful. Another one of those places that I wish we had discovered sooner. If you get the chance, try the chicken penne pasta in creamy mushroom sauce with the smoked gouda cheese. Oh baby, I’m still craving a big bowl of that stuff even now. Upon returning to the room tonight we were in for a surprise. Sissy has somehow collected at least twenty stuffed animals while we have been here. I guess if you could call SpongeBob an animal. Is he actually a vegetable? Somehow we ended up with two of those from Universal. Anyway, the housekeeper had arranged all of the critters into having quite a party on one of the beds. Sissy thought it was a hoot. Hated to move them but we had to sleep somewhere. It was then that I realized. Hey… MeMe didn’t call us today and surprisingly few mullets. Well better luck tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day that we have to go home. Will we have a house or a swimming pool waiting for us? Where the heck is MeMe? Will we encounter the world’s rarest mullet? When did they start serving Beverly on the airplane? All of those questions and more will be answered.

I too am addicted to Millionaire, so is my DD8. I think I will devote 1 whole day to it on our next vacation!!!!!!!!:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MEME????? I need to know, I have been soooo worried about her.

Awesome reports....are you a writer? I turn to this page each day when I log on and anxiously await the next chapter in your adventure. Only one left :( I guess, unless you continue writing about your life when you get home!

Thanks for the entertainment!

Lisa

Hey Tombstone ~ about Spongebob ~ do you have a report somewhere on your days in Universal?

I would love to read about that too.

>>^..^<<

Saw a t-shirt at Kohls today and immediately thought of you. The design was "How to grow a proper mullet" with several pictures.
I had to laugh.

Your reports are great.

never tried the Beverly, however, with all this press that I have been reading on these boards, will definitely try it on my next trip. Looking forward to finding out all the answers to these last minute questions.

Denise :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter