The things we've learned

larina

DIS Veteran
I don't know about the rest of you, but I seem to learn something new every trip. This last trip I learned that I can't turn upside down anymore. Screamin' almost made me toss my cookies. Last trip, I learned I'm not a Space fan any longer.
So, what did your most recent trip teach you?

Yes I have had the same thing happen to me. The older I get the more susceptible I am to motion sickness. As a kid I loved all the swirling, swooping, topsy turvy rides, and now I have to be v careful or I will get so dizzy I can't seem to recover until the next day. During my last visit to Dland I learned that I can no longer ride Star Tours and Space back to back. That is just too much to ask of my inner ear (or whatever regulates balance etc). I am experimenting with dosage of Bonine and hope that will help with my upcoming trip without making me too tired (as Dramamine does). A nice thing I learned on my last trip is that my family loves the remodeled DLH. I hadn't stayed there since 1996ish and wow it is terrific now.

I've learned that I cannot ride Star Tours now that they have changed it to 3D. My equilibrium is all off after I ride which royally bites cause I am a SW nerd. :(

I also learned that either I am apparently not as young as I think I am and my body is more susceptible to aches or whoever did the Matterhorn refurb should be shot.

I've learned that there are so many things that can go wrong. Don't sweat it. Disneyland 's magic is a frame of mind. Those people out there that hate DL haven't figured out how to a lose themselves (and the rest of the world) in the magic.

Also-
I have suffered from motion sickness my whole life, but seem to be less tolerate of it the older I get. :)

I have learned that even though you can plan and have the best laid out itinerary for the day, sometimes you have to just let it go and go with the flow! Sometimes when there are rides that have short lines and they are right there before you, take advantage rather than try and get over to whichever ride you had "scheduled".

i have learned that the rose covered arches at the storybook land canal is the place where i want to propose.

I've learned that I cannot ride Star Tours now that they have changed it to 3D. My equilibrium is all off after I ride which royally bites cause I am a SW nerd. :(

Try taking a travel sickness tablet half an hour beforehand. I do this for 3D movies (as they give me an awful migraine) and it works really well.

I agree about Matterhorn. I use to love it. I rode it once after the refurb and was done with it. Too much pain:eek:

I have learned that if I only eat a churro, followed by popcorn washed down by a coke for lunch I get a major headache. I need to eat "real" food then have a little bit of dessert to avoid the rush and horrible crash...,,

Do you have that special someone yet or just found it for whenever the time comes?
i don't have that special someone yet, but ever since i found that place i can't stop thinking about it! hahah, i better hurry!! :wizard:

I have learned that if I only eat a churro, followed by popcorn washed down by a coke for lunch I get a major headache. I need to eat "real" food then have a little bit of dessert to avoid the rush and horrible crash...,,

Yes, but I've also learned its okay to eat 2 churros in a day since its a vacation after all!

TheChapman6 said:
Yes, but I've also learned its okay to eat 2 churros in a day since its a vacation after all!

Like man.......I've not only done that, but have also eaten two in a row. I didn't really care who may have noticed either, after all I paid for it with my money, not theirs. Lol Well actually the second one was free, as it came with the paid for churro. :)

I've learned that there are so many things that can go wrong. Don't sweat it. Disneyland 's magic is a frame of mind. Those people out there that hate DL haven't figured out how to a lose themselves (and the rest of the world) in the magic.

Also-
I have suffered from motion sickness my whole life, but seem to be less tolerate of it the older I get. :)

So true! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter