The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

Bill,

We have never done the meal ticket before. These are relatively new. But, looking at the prices and what they are, it seems to be a good deal. Most combos will run $10-15 (from what I remember). That doesn't include the drink. The cup will run $7.75 plus tax.

Also, here is another option from their site.

Regular: $28.95 (ages 9+) Enjoy two combo meals, two snacks and a refillable souvenir cup.
Junior: $12.95 (ages 3 - 8) Enjoy two combo meals with a small soda and one snack (souvenir cup not included).

So, it does sound like these meal plans are a good deal.

The meal ticket question got me thinking a little more. And I was going to type up some more thoughts on it, but I think it may be better to give a little more information on food at HP.

Jayme and I do not go there to eat. Most times, we will try to find somewhere off site to eat. This is because the food is expensive (as all parks are) and not the best. There are no real destination places to eat in the park. This is unlike WDW where the main reason I go is for the food. So, please do not set your expectations of a great culinary adventure.

However, if you are going to eat in the park, here are some places that aren't too bad. Please note that just about all food in the park is counter service.

Craftbarn Kitchen - Not too bad. Usually get the burger and fries here. Near the entrance and usually not too crowded.

Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog - This is in the boardwalk (water) area. It's a hot dog stand. I find it a bit overpriced for just hot dogs and fries. But if you really like hot dogs, this is where to go.

Decades - This is near the entrance to the boardwalk area. Burger joint. Not bad, but just burgers mostly.

Minetown Restaurant - This is cafe style. You enter the line, grab a tray, grab what you want. Good for everyone if you have picky eaters. Also, the only place with beer (as said above) and has AC.

reeman’s BBQ - If this is the stand I'm thinking of, it is not a bad place. Open pit beef and the like. This is by the trailblazer and down the hill from storm runner and the sidewinder. You'll know it if you are near because you'll smell the open pit and see the smoke.

Gourmet Grille - This is probably where we eat the most in the park when we do. The reason is because the taco salad and burrito are big. The price is a little higher, but I think it's worth it. This is near the kissing tower.

Chocolate World - There is a cafe inside Chocolate world that is good. It's inside and AC. Good amount of verity and plus, you can shop for Hershey candy there. Yes, you can buy a 5 pound chocolate bar or a 1 pound kiss.

Finally for food, off site but still in Hershey, we really like Dafno's. Everytime we go there, we get the cheesesteak pizza. Also, I have had recommendations to go to the Hershey Pantry for breakfast. We will probably be trying that on Saturday.

Also, I need to touch on Beer (mmmmm.....beer). We have a local micro-brew called Appalchian Brewing Company (ABC). They have good beer. May be a little hard to find being a micro-brew, but worth it. A semi-local beer that is good is Yuengling Lager. This is the most popular beer and a good beer.

Sorry for the book, a little bored tonight.

:dance3:

Thanks for the low down on park food Jim. I've had friends and co-workers also recommend the Hershey Pantry for any meal. They also said the pies there are really good.

Looking forward to meeting you.

The meal ticket question got me thinking a little more. And I was going to type up some more thoughts on it, but I think it may be better to give a little more information on food at HP.

Jayme and I do not go there to eat. Most times, we will try to find somewhere off site to eat. This is because the food is expensive (as all parks are) and not the best. There are no real destination places to eat in the park. This is unlike WDW where the main reason I go is for the food. So, please do not set your expectations of a great culinary adventure.

However, if you are going to eat in the park, here are some places that aren't too bad. Please note that just about all food in the park is counter service.

Craftbarn Kitchen - Not too bad. Usually get the burger and fries here. Near the entrance and usually not too crowded.

Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog - This is in the boardwalk (water) area. It's a hot dog stand. I find it a bit overpriced for just hot dogs and fries. But if you really like hot dogs, this is where to go.

Decades - This is near the entrance to the boardwalk area. Burger joint. Not bad, but just burgers mostly.

Minetown Restaurant - This is cafe style. You enter the line, grab a tray, grab what you want. Good for everyone if you have picky eaters. Also, the only place with beer (as said above) and has AC.

reeman’s BBQ - If this is the stand I'm thinking of, it is not a bad place. Open pit beef and the like. This is by the trailblazer and down the hill from storm runner and the sidewinder. You'll know it if you are near because you'll smell the open pit and see the smoke.

Gourmet Grille - This is probably where we eat the most in the park when we do. The reason is because the taco salad and burrito are big. The price is a little higher, but I think it's worth it. This is near the kissing tower.

Chocolate World - There is a cafe inside Chocolate world that is good. It's inside and AC. Good amount of verity and plus, you can shop for Hershey candy there. Yes, you can buy a 5 pound chocolate bar or a 1 pound kiss.

Finally for food, off site but still in Hershey, we really like Dafno's. Everytime we go there, we get the cheesesteak pizza. Also, I have had recommendations to go to the Hershey Pantry for breakfast. We will probably be trying that on Saturday.

Also, I need to touch on Beer (mmmmm.....beer). We have a local micro-brew called Appalchian Brewing Company (ABC). They have good beer. May be a little hard to find being a micro-brew, but worth it. A semi-local beer that is good is Yuengling Lager. This is the most popular beer and a good beer.

Sorry for the book, a little bored tonight.

:dance3:

Nice coverage on the food Jim thanks and I did notice ABC. :) Not sure I'll have time to hit it but you never know.

We plan to be in the park pretty much wire to wire on Saturday. All depends on how hot it is and if the two boys can make it all day and night.

Right now we are thinking just eating ala-carte. Meal here, snack there.

Saturday weather looks perfect. :sunny:

Thanks for the low down on park food Jim. I've had friends and co-workers also recommend the Hershey Pantry for any meal. They also said the pies there are really good.

Looking forward to meeting you.

She said pies. :lovestruc

Fab to see more are joining the fun! :thumbsup2

Have fun!

Hi Frank! :wave: too bad you and Cathy aren't able to join us! :goodvibes

Glad the damage is insignificant, Jen! :hug:

Thx a mint all for the fab tips and park touring suggestions - the time y'all took to post is much appreciated! :grouphug:

I've had friends and co-workers also recommend the Hershey Pantry for any meal. They also said the pies there are really good.

OMGravy - have you checked out their dessert menu? The list of homemade pies??? :cloud9: and cakes! :love: Too bad they close early 9pm - otherwise it would have been an awesome park closing stop. Looks like we'll make our way there at some point anyway - even if it's just for a dessert run :cool1:

Pies
•Coconut Cream
•Chocolate Cream
•Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream
•Banana Cream
•Raspberry Cream
•Peanut Butter Cream
•Chocolate Banana Cream
•Peanut Butter Silk
•Pumpkin Cream
•Strawberry or Peach Cream
•Pumpkin Pie
•Egg Custard
•Coconut Custard
•Lemon Meringue
•Lemon Cream
•Key Lime
•Lushes
•Apple Streusel
•Pecan Pie
•Chocolate Pecan Pie
•Shoofly
•Lemon Sponge
•Chocolate Lava
•Cherry Crumb
•Cherry Macaroon
•Blueberry and Raspberry Crumb
•Apple Pie

Cakes
•Chocolate Cake
•Chocolate Cake
•Coconut Cake
•Red Velvet Cake
•Carrot Cake
•Banana Cake
•Yellow Cake
•Oreo Cake
•Banana Split Cake
•Peanut Butter Cake with Light chocolate frosting
•Mocha Torte
•Strawberry or Peach Filled
•Pumpkin Torte

Sounds like some are heading off soon - safe travels to all :car:

Been so stinkin busy - really looking fwd to the break and meeting & catching up with everyone :yay:

cheers,
:flower3:

I'll gladly buy a couple pies on Friday night, to cut into on Saturday night. ::yes::

John and Katherine - safe travels! See you Friday!!!

But my heart belongs to :cake:

Louise said it doesn't matter whether it's Cake or Pie as Long as it's CHOCOLATE

John and Katherine - safe travels! See you Friday!!!

Have a safe trip:thumbsup2

Tonights jobs
1) Pick up Rental car:thumbsup2
2) Pack Rental car:yay:
3) Start Final departure countdown
4) Make sure :coffee: is strong enough that spoon can stand up on it's own tomorrow.

We are on the road in less than 2 days!!! :cool1:

Is anyone collecting cell phone numbers so that we can coordinate once everyone is in Hershey? I can PM ours to whomever. I am finding it hard to focus on work with Hershey on my mind. :hyper:

- Bill

Is anyone collecting cell phone numbers so that we can coordinate once everyone is in Hershey? I can PM ours to whomever. I am finding it hard to focus on work with Hershey on my mind. :hyper:

- Bill

Good question. Is someone acting as communications chief?:rotfl:

- Bill

A lot of us already have each other's phone numbers, if you want to send me your number, you can send me a PM and I will add it to my phone and will add it to the "Hershey" text group.

Good question. Is someone acting as communications chief?:rotfl:

I actually already have your cell number :rolleyes1 My phone syncs to Facebook, so anytime someone has their phone number on their Facebook profile, my phone automatically lists you as one of my contacts....ah, technology :laughing:

Andrea, George, Bill & Todd have our cell phone numbers. Anyone else who would like it just PM me.

We are Hershey bound at 1PM tomorrow:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Have a Safe Trip everyone and see you Friday:thumbsup2

Mark

Andrea, George, Bill & Todd have our cell phone numbers. Anyone else who would like it just PM me.

We are Hershey bound at 1PM tomorrow:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:.

Have a Safe Trip everyone and see you Friday:thumbsup2

Mark

See you Saturday!:banana:

Andrea, you have my number.:laughing: So does George, Don, Dodie, Alicia.....:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter