"The Story of Us" Pre-Trip

McDISer

DIS Veteran
I have some time on my hands, so I decided to do our Pre-Trip Report, “The Story of Us”.

Many of you may know my wife, but I am not going to give it away yet. Her favorite part of the day, is when I am fed and happy and she has the dishes done and anything else that needs to be done for the evening. She unloads my laptop from its case. It is my work laptop that I bring home for her and she cuddles up on her “love seat” not next to me and surfs the web. Most evenings, she can multi-task, by loading and unloading the wash-machine, keeping one eye on the TV and the other eye on the laptop and occasionally hears me if I try talking to her. She breaks stride on some evenings and takes occasional phone calls from our kids in college.

The girls have their mom figured out when she is online. They go shopping with their mom at nite, on the web. Our son just caught onto his sisters antics and he has given it a whirl too. (Winter coat, marked 70% off, another web code to take 15% off, another code for no shipping, no sales tax, unless the store is in your state.) Yep, they have their mom wrapped.

Anyways, when I am at work and trying to get some actual work done on the internet, I sometimes slip and Disney websites open when my fat fingers can’t get to the correct file on the mouse pad. (just bring back the little red button in the middle-okay).

Over a year ago, my wife, or should I say my dw (gotta get those abbv. figured out) introduced me to the DIS and she made me read a bunch of Trip Reports, and if I didn’t read them, she would print them out for our many “Road Trips” we take. Many times we have to beg her to come along on these “Road Trips”, because it mainly has to do with “just the guys”, but we love taking her along, to do the video recording and picture taking. She takes great pictures and video.

Why am I writing this Pre-Trip-because she made the ultimate sacrifice for me last August.

And what was this sacrifice?

It was our 25th Wedding Anniv. When? Last August, 2006

She agreed that another “road trip” was more important that going away for our Wedding Anniversary. Our son races moto-cross and it was the last race of the season, plus the banquet was after the races. So she set aside her agenda, packed her bags and video taped and took pictures for us all weekend. Little did I know, her little ole head was spinning with Walt Disney World and something called ADR’s, Tour Guide Mike, Port Orleans Riversideide, Boardwalk Villa’s, tickets, golfing, a Driving School-that got my curiosity peaked.

So Christmas season came and went. I find out I have 5 days of vacation I need to use or loose by December 31. My wife looks at me like I have two heads. She cannot fathom someone not using vacation days. In my line of work I start at 5:30 a.m. and work till 5:00 p.m. Some nites I don’t get home till 5:30-6:00 p.m. I usually have enough hours in at the end of the week, that I get every other Friday afternoon off and Sat. morning off. This schedule allows us to leave to moto-cross races at noon on Friday’s, so I never needed vacation days.

Trying to decide what to do, I found out my wife reminded me of her WDW Trip that she is planning. She booked 8 nites and 9 days at WDW.

I was able to get 3 days paid-out and I will be able to use 2 for our vacation. We will be flying out on Wednesday, April 4 at noon and coming back April 12 by 2:00 p.m. My wife wants me to not work Wednesday, the day we leave, cause I am such a procrastinator with packing. She knows I will wait till the last minute and expect her to do something for me, that will totally piss her off-ya, she knows me way to well, who wouldn’t after 25 years of wedded bliss.

Did I mention the great Christmas Present she gave me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter