The Search for My Wits: a Solo TR - 7/13 UD

If you wanted to do an installment talking about the things you know you're going to love doing that you know the boys, hubbie included, wouldn't necessarily appreciate, that could kind of be a cool angle. Celebrating the alone, I am Mom on vacation, hear me roarness.

I can't remember, what about it is it that you think you won't like?

Dunno, 'xactly...:confused3.....I guess I'm more of a chocolate/vanilla soft-serve type of gal. The fruity thing is sort of meh. And yet, I love having a smoothie at Auntie Gravity's.....go figure.

If you wanted to do an installment talking about the things you know you're going to love doing that you know the boys, hubbie included, wouldn't necessarily appreciate, that could kind of be a cool angle. Celebrating the alone, I am Mom on vacation, hear me roarness.

I've got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: Thanks TK!! (now you just have to wait for it....:laughing:)

:thumbsup2

Because then I'd LOVELOVELOVE to weigh in with some solo experience to suggest some things you'd might never have thought of doing while solo. :thumbsup2

Dunno, 'xactly...:confused3.....I guess I'm more of a chocolate/vanilla soft-serve type of gal. The fruity thing is sort of meh. And yet, I love having a smoothie at Auntie Gravity's.....go figure.

While it looks like soft serve, the texture a teensy bit different. And because there's no dairy, it's very light and totally refreshing. The pineapple flavor isn't overwhelming, it's just enough to leave you...well...whelmed. I've only ever had it as a float because it's a lot of bang for your snack buck and the "whip" part never becomes too much because you always have some juice to sip.

I get why not everyone likes it but I totally recommend trying it. It was much different than I expected (I used to be a skeptic) but in a good way!

And now that I've philosophically broken down the Dole Whip....:rotfl:

Rex: Were you scared?!....Tell me honestly.
Woody: I was close to being scared that time.

It is time.

It is time to let loose, with utter abandon, and feel the full-on excitement of this trip!

Because it starts in less than THREE WEEKS!!!!!:dance3:

Dudes. I am SO giddy right now. Normally I plan out my trips so far in advance that I need to not think about them for a while....which sounds really weird but weirder than that is the fact that if I don't, I find myself in a bit of a funk for about the last month before the trip. Almost like pre-trip burnout. Now honestly I've had my plate quite full with other things over the last several weeks, so I was thinking of other stuff by default. But the time has now come where I can pour myself fully into this and become a loopy, giddy, blithering idiot. But quietly, because as we all know, my family isn't accompanying me on this trip and it would just be mean to rub it in their faces. I'm not that bad!!

A dear friend of mine (or two...:rolleyes1) suggested I might want to write about the sorts of things I'd like to do on my first solo trip. Stuff you wouldn't normally get to do with your family around. Let's face it, with a family of five, you basically have to take a vote on every next move.... I am so looking forward to being a little "ADD" on this trip. So here's me....walking to Test Track....can't wait to fly around that track....single-rider line, comin' your way (!)....I wonder if the queue -- oh look!!, the Jammitors! [takes sharp left turn and sits on bench to watch]. While I do have a definite plan in place in order to make the most of my few days, it's ALL about the freedom on this trip! I am Woman, hear me ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the most logical place to start is Epcot, since I am first and foremost going to see the Flower & Garden Festival. This is Attraction #1 that Mom Couldn't Do With the Boys Along! I am trying so hard to NOT look at all the photos on the Web right now that are showing the F&G stuff. I want to be completely surprised and have everything be totally fresh for me. I plan to take a memory-card's worth of photos of the flowers and topiaries! I'm also looking forward to seeing the "DIY" network's Yard Crasher's exhibit. After all it was the recent show on last year's exhibit that prompted me to change my trip from late summer to May!

I also plan to tour World Showcase and spend time taking in the details of each country. Kids just get so bored with that. :rolleyes: In Future World I will ride Soarin', Test Track and Spaceship Earth as many times in a row as I please, thank you very much. Not that the kids don't enjoy those things, but it's just nice to do what you want on a whim.

WDW2008028.jpg

WDW2008392.jpg

Magic Kingdom - this may seem like an oxymoron, finding things to do in this park that you couldn't do with the kids along. WRONG! I could probably spend a solo week in this park alone and not run out of "my" stuff to do. For starters, just stand in the Town Square and listen to the BGM. Heaven.... Then, stroll along Main Street and look at the shop windows. I mean really look. Then look up! The windows are full of names of Imagineers and other little goodies. Worth taking in. Now, I might add here that if you are indeed going to stop and gawk, make sure you tuck yourself out of the way of oncoming people, strollers, balloon vendors, and the like. No one appreciates a gawker smack in the middle of the street!! And how about the Dapper Dans?!.....what a treat. They are fabulous and I hope I can catch one of their performances.

WDW2008342.jpg

I also like the BGM in Adventureland and Tomorrowland. I think I'll have to get me a Dole Whip in Adventureland and pull up a bench for a bit. Similarly, in Tomorrowland I'l get a smoothie at Auntie Gravity's and have a sit-down. I listen to so many of these music tracks on Live365.com that they are ingrained in my head and there's nothing like hearing them live, in-park! Then, when you listen to them back home later on, you can close your eyes and really go back....:cloud9:

WDW2008365.jpg

WDW2008134.jpg

Animal Kingdom - there is one thing and one thing only that I cannot wait to do by myself in this park: have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ and eat down on the veranda while listening to this BGM!!!! Some of my favorite tracks from Live365 come from the Flame Tree area. The view of Everest is a treat, too. But since I don't plan to go to AK just to have lunch, the other solo thing I'm going to do is arrive prior to park opening, and then bee-line it to the Safari ride first thing. Somehow, when your kids are along, it's difficult to go straight to ANY thing when you first enter a park. Everyone is always milling around while taking that vote on "what do we do first?"...But I'd like to be on the first safari trek of the day. It won't be super early in the morning but I do hope to see more animals. I've only ridden this once and it was early afternoon and it seemed to be nap time. After that I want to walk that walkway from Africa to Asia, across the river from the back side of the Tree of Life. That's a nice walk. In Asia I will do Everest as many times as my head can stand it (that backwards spiral bit is a kick but can rattle your brains a bit, kwim?!). I love EE, though....GREAT coaster.

WDW2008288.jpg

WDW2008289.jpg

WDW2008291.jpg

Disney's Hollywood Studios - I really hope there's some Streetmosphere goin' on when I'm here because that's something I could watch all day! And honestly, while everyone else is making the mad dash for Toy Story Mania, I like to stroll down Hollywood Blvd. at my own pace. This park has a lot of character that again, can be missed if you just rush past everything. I will say right now that my first stop is going to be at Mickey's of Hollywood and the......*drum roll*.......

Wall of mugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDW2008076.jpg

Now, you have to understand I have a thing for mugs. I also have a thing for coffee, so the two go very well together as a matter of fact!:lmao: On our last trip I discovered this little gem and was SO overwhelmed that I actually left the store without making a mug purchase!!......I know, right?! Not this time. Now, I have to hope The Wall is still there, in some form or another, but there WILL be mugs bought here this day! But the nice thing is, if I wanna stand and stare at the mugs for a full half-hour, then by golly I'm gonna do just that!! :snooty:

After this stop I will likely head straight for Toy Story Mania. That's the whole theme of this solo trip anyway, so it would be unforgivable to miss it. I'll grab a FastPass for later, but if the stand-by line isn't ridiculous, I'm going to do that as well because I've never seen the uber-cool queue for this ride. There are a few other attractions I want to do at DHS, but I don't have a long list of specifically "solo" stuff to be sure I do/see. The Muppets will be closed and I just don't wanna talk about it.....:sad1:

Somewhere in this trip I need to fit in some time for my resort. This is another thing I'm trying to not look at too many pictures on-line before getting there. I want to see the shadow boxes in the lobby, the detail and theming of my building (which I have no idea which one that is yet, of course...I just asked to be on the top floor in a quiet, non-preferred area). Pop is SO full of eye candy that I'm sure I'll be taking lots of pics there as well. I love details.....

You know, it just occurred to me that in 9 days, I can start doin' the Single Digit Dance!!! :banana: Bring it, honey!:rotfl2:

Do me a favor, will ya? Buy the Mike Wizowski mug and I will get mine and we can be drinking out of out matching coffee mugs in the morning, lol!

I could spend forever in Magic Kingdom myself--I love Epcot, but Magic Kingdomis the one park I could not do without on a trip to Disney.

I am so happy for you right now.

And so sad for myself. :lmao: I want a solo trip!

No, really. You make it sound so wonderful, just being able to do the things you'd like to do. Thanks for sharing, it's exactly what I was looking for.

And while you're taking it all in on Main Street, be sure to stop and pay homage to our table by the Ice Cream Parlor. ;)

A dear friend of mine (or two...:rolleyes1)

happy-big-smile-017.gif

I think the most logical place to start is Epcot,

Naturally.

This is actually my favorite park to spend solo time in. It's all about the details. Much like your love of the BGM from AK and the different areas of MK, when I hear the Innoventions Plaza BGM, I'm instantly transported to a solo trip in my mind.

I am trying so hard to NOT look at all the photos on the Web right now that are showing the F&G stuff. I want to be completely surprised and have everything be totally fresh for me.

Believe me, even if you get a few peeks it doesn't compare to seeing it in person. The majority of my trips have been May trips and have coincided with F&GF and I've NEVER been disappointed.

I also plan to tour World Showcase and spend time taking in the details of each country.

My favorite pavilions to tour solo are:
Morocco - the attention to detail here is amazing
Japan - I'm equally enamored of the quiet garden and koi pond and Mitsukoshi. And don't miss the candy lady, Miyuki! She likes adults as much as kids and once chose me and made me a beautiful dragon. And even if you aren't picked, watching without your own kiddos clamoring for a chance allows you a better opportunity to watch her craft.
Mexico - I could tool around in here forever. The people are so sweet and there's so much to see.

I will ride ... Spaceship Earth as many times in a row as I please, thank you very much.

Keep an eye out for the disco mama and her tights. Say hi from Tink. Because you KNOW I dress like that for work every day. ;)

For starters, just stand in the Town Square and listen to the BGM.

Or sit and people-watch. Look for the paw prints near Tony's Town Square. Watch little ones that aren't yours see the characters for the first time. Check out the fire station. Ride the train around the park non-stop for an hour and be woken up by perfect strangers wanting to make sure you're ok. Ahem, not that I have personal experience with that last one or anything.

The windows are full of names of Imagineers and other little goodies.

I have this book and it makes those windows all the more interesting:

imagineers.jpg

Now, I might add here that if you are indeed going to stop and gawk, make sure you tuck yourself out of the way of oncoming people, strollers, balloon vendors, and the like. No one appreciates a gawker smack in the middle of the street!!

One thing I've never done that I'd like to do is poke my head into the barbershop!

I think I'll have to get me a Dole Whip in Adventureland and pull up a bench for a bit.

Most people sit themselves down across the way in the shade of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse but I prefer to move further down near the Tiki Room and pirates and have a more immersive experience.

I listen to so many of these music tracks on Live365.com that they are ingrained in my head and there's nothing like hearing them live, in-park! Then, when you listen to them back home later on, you can close your eyes and really go back....:cloud9:

Amen, sister!

bee-line it to the Safari ride first thing

I will say that all of my best rides have been either taken first thing or just before closing when the aminals are hungrier.

After that I want to walk that walkway from Africa to Asia, across the river from the back side of the Tree of Life. That's a nice walk.

That's my favorite area of the park. Keep an eye out for Devine and, if you've never done it before and have the time, see a showing of Flights of Wonder. It's fantastic. My favorite solo spot in all of the AK, though, is the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

In Asia I will do Everest as many times as my head can stand it

I can, literally, only sit in the front car. The other cars make me sick. :rolleyes:

I also recommend taking in the kitsch of Dinoland. Most people think this ara is cheesy but it's the cheese that's the best part.

I will likely head straight for Toy Story Mania. That's the whole theme of this solo trip anyway, so it would be unforgivable to miss it. I'll grab a FastPass for later, but if the stand-by line isn't ridiculous, I'm going to do that as well because I've never seen the uber-cool queue for this ride.

I think Missy and I waited in the area of 30-45 minutes and it was totally worth it. You could snap a whole memory card's worth of pics in there!

Some of the other things I love to do solo at MGM (NODHS):
-sitting outside Villains in Vogue with a junky apple and people-watching
-getting in the standby line for TOT and letting people go past me as I soak up the atmosphere there and then ducking out just before the pre-show if I don't feel like riding
-the singles line at the Rock n' Roller Coaster
-taking in the details of NY Street
-grabbing a pretzel from Min and Bill's for Illuminations...or really for any time!
- browsing Sid Cahuenga's (that's the right name, isn't it?)

I've actually never stopped to watch Streetmosphere. Now on my "next time" list!

Somewhere in this trip I need to fit in some time for my resort. This is another thing I'm trying to not look at too many pictures on-line before getting there. I want to see the shadow boxes in the lobby, the detail and theming of my building (which I have no idea which one that is yet, of course...I just asked to be on the top floor in a quiet, non-preferred area). Pop is SO full of eye candy that I'm sure I'll be taking lots of pics there as well. I love details.....

If you're up early enough, and I know you're an early Disney gal, take a "coffee walk" through this resort. It's very peaceful in the morning and full of great photo ops.

I had a room in the "back" side of the 70's building, facing the 80's/90's area. It was a top floor room and was very quiet. For a non-preferred room, it was a great location, close to just about everything.

And now I will share with you my NUMERO UNO favorite thing to do whilst in Disney sans anyone else:

Ride the TTA as many times as I want. Sometimes with my eyes open. Sometimes with them closed. Always thinking of my gramma.

Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow...

:goodvibes

And while you're taking it all in on Main Street, be sure to stop and pay homage to our table by the Ice Cream Parlor. ;)

But keep the fries away from your nose. :lmao:

Do me a favor, will ya? Buy the Mike Wizowski mug and I will get mine and we can be drinking out of out matching coffee mugs in the morning, lol!....

Y'know, I like the Mike Wizowski mug!....I've had my eye on that one (no pun intended...!) for some time now so I'll let you know if it makes it's way back to TX with me.;) It would be fun to be drinking coffee from the same kind of mug as my DIS-Sister in NC....:hug:

I am so happy for you right now.

And so sad for myself. :lmao: I want a solo trip!

No, really. You make it sound so wonderful, just being able to do the things you'd like to do. Thanks for sharing, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Oh hon, I will be thinking of you ALL over the MK....:hug: More now than ever. And if that table happens to be empty when I get my Casey's meal, I'll even sit there.:lovestruc

....Keep an eye out for the disco mama and her tights. Say hi from Tink. Because you KNOW I dress like that for work every day. ;)

Of course you do.:scared: You do realize that I will now and forever more think of YOU when I pass that scene? *sigh*.....

Ride the train around the park non-stop for an hour and be woken up by perfect strangers wanting to make sure you're ok. Ahem, not that I have personal experience with that last one or anything.

:eek:

:lmao::rotfl2:

I have this book and it makes those windows all the more interesting:

imagineers.jpg

Ok, I have had this book from the library and when I saw it here, I was all excited to go check it out again before my trip. Our library has an on-line system and you can look anything up and reserve it if you want. Imagine my dismay when I went in and this book did not show up in the system!! Turns out, I had it out from the library in Florida...not here in TX.:sad2: I have discovered that there are actually very few Disney guides of any kind in my library system. That's a total stink-fest.:mad:

Most people sit themselves down across the way in the shade of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse but I prefer to move further down near the Tiki Room and pirates and have a more immersive experience.

"Pirates" IS an immersive experience....in so many ways....:love: Thanks for the tip. I'm all over it.

If you're up early enough, and I know you're an early Disney gal, take a "coffee walk" through this resort. It's very peaceful in the morning and full of great photo ops.

My favorite time of a Disney day.....:wizard: It is SOOOOO gorgeous in the early morning at Port Orleans Riverside. I admit to being spoiled by that resort. Yes it's huge, but all the more space to walk through for coffee. Those grounds are just beautiful in the pre-dawn light! I want to upgrade to FQ. So. Badly. But that's more money and we're really getting down to the wire in terms of timing so I'll stick with Pop and give it a chance.

And now I will share with you my NUMERO UNO favorite thing to do whilst in Disney sans anyone else:

Ride the TTA as many times as I want. Sometimes with my eyes open. Sometimes with them closed. ....

You are my DIS-TWIN-Sister!!:cloud9:

But keep the fries away from your nose. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Mr. Potato Head: Did you all take stupid pills this morning?!

We interrupt this PTR for an important announcement: we have changed resorts!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!!.....at 2 weeks out?!....are you crazy, woman??

No, well....yes, maybe. But I am also now giddy beyond words. Last night I decided to go ahead and make the switch from Pop to Port Orleans French Quarter! My excitement has increased to the Nth degree....I can hardly contain myself!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you are probably wondering why I would do such a thing, on such short notice no less. Lemme 'splain: you see, I like Pop Century as a resort. But I love Port Orleans. Our family always stays at Riverside and utilizes the trundle-bed rooms. It began as a practical thing and quickly blossomed right through puppy love and into full-blown infatuation. If you've ever been to this resort, let's face it, it's gorgeous. I love the landscaping, the grounds, the buildings...the whole feel of the place is stunning. And on these Riverside stays, we've explored FQ....beignets at the food court, the dragon-slide pool, all that fun stuff. But as a family of 5, we can't stay there without forking over big bucks for two rooms. So we admire it from the outside and leave it at that.

Last spring we were living in Florida. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary (which happens to be today, matter of fact!) by taking the day and driving up to Downtown Disney. We had lunch at Earl of Sandwich (YUM!), shopped a bit, and then took the boat over to FQ. We walked to Riverside, just to take it in, and had beignets back at FQ. It was a gorgeous day and we sat outside, admiring the beautiful details.

100_1204.jpg

100_1206.jpg

100_1208.jpg

100_1210.jpg

100_1211.jpg

So, I was excited about staying at Pop, but not "doin' a happy jig" excited. Hard to explain. I'm not a resort snob. Our first family trip, when youngest son was still under 3, we stayed at ASMovies and really, really enjoyed it. But I think that's just it. I think I would enjoy Pop much more with my kids along. It's so "them." POFQ, on the other hand, is all "me!" I'm all about soaking up Disney atmosphere and FQ has more than its fair share. And to a slightly lesser extent, as a solo female traveler, I just feel a bit more secure at FQ. It's smaller, and even the "outer" rooms aren't all that remote.

And now that I'm staying here, I have two more things I need to somehow build into my schedule: a soak in the hot tub (!!), and an evening boat ride to DTD.....:cloud9:

Two weeks from right now, I'll be on that plane, on our final approach to Orlando......Let the magic begin!!:wizard:

I totally get why you changed to French Quarter and I really have only one complaint about your decision--you didn't take me!

I've looked at lots of other resorts thinking about taking dd11 next summer. I keep coming back to POFQ--the size is perfect. The grounds are beautiful. And the boat to DTD is awesome.

I'm glad you made the resort switch. I had a feeling this was going to happen. ;) It's the first place I ever stayed with DS as a baby. It was Mom, Nana, DH, DS, and myself, so I have some very fond memories of that resort. I hope you get to enjoy it as much as we did!

Woody's Pull-string: Yee-ha! Come on, partner! We've got to get this wagon train a-movin'!

LegoMom's Top 5 Must-Do's in Each Park

I was reading another DISer's Top 5 recently and thought, hey, that would be a great idea for my last PTR installment! It's really hard to pick just 5 of anything in the Disney parks, but this is what I came up with....popcorn::

Epcot: Let's start here because not only is it the first park I'll be going to, but let's face it, EVERY one starts with the Magic Kingdom! I like to be different.:upsidedow

5) "Reflections of China" Circle-vision film - This is just a brilliant film and shows off what is really a very beautiful country. I'm not "into" Far East culture but just love this film...

4) "O Canada" Circle-vision film - I love Canada and the scenes in the film are nothing less than breathtaking. The new narration with Martin Short is GREAT! Although I can't look at him without hearing "Oh great! You killed the invisible swordsman!"....."He's dead alright!":lmao:

3) Spaceship Earth - dare I say this used to be one of my all-time favorite attractions in WDW?.....but Judy Dench has nothin' on Jeremy Irons. :sad2: I still ride it, I still really enjoy it, but it's just not the same. Poo...

2) Test Track - what is there to say? It's FAST!!!!!!!!!!!:car:

1) Soarin' - yeah, surprise surprise. But c'mon, this ride is just awesome! Unless you're afraid of heights/flying, then I can see where it would make you wet yourself.:scared: But the whole thing is SO well done..the scenes, the smells, the musical score.....*sigh* Won't be long now!

WDW2008377.jpg

Hollywood Studios: I had the most trouble coming up with stuff for this park. I don't do the stage shows (with the exception of Indiana Jones and the Extreme Stunt Show, which my boys missed last time due to rain and I won't watch either without them) and I don't do the thrill rides, so there's not much left! But here is what I must see/do when I'm there...

5) One Man's Dream & The Magic of Disney Animation - they're right near each other so I'll kill two birds with one stone. It'll be nice to spend some time in these without the kids dragging me on to the next thing!!

4) Block Party Bash street parade - NEVER seen this and I love the Pixar characters!! I'm going to make a point to stay and watch this. And take lots of photos.

3) This WOULD be Muppets 3-D, but alas, it is closed for refurb and that's that. So in its place I'm putting the Backstage Studio Tour. Haven't seen this in years! Got rained out of this last time, too, which is precisely why I will never, ever tour without Park Hoppers again.

2) Streetmosphere - when they're out and about, they are so worth a look. Their performances are a riot!! When they interact with guests, it's even better.

1) Toy Story Mania - yep, another surprise. But it is, without a doubt, the best attraction in this park (at least for the non-thrill person....). I've done it once. Need to do it LOTS more!

WDW2008085.jpg

Animal Kingdom: this is a really beautiful park and our family loves it. It's hot as Hades in the summer and involves lots of walking, but there is just always something new for your eyes to take in!
so-hot-031.png

5) Oasis Trails - I'll catch these on my way out, since I'll be high-tailing it to the Safari first thing when I arrive. Beautiful, garden-like setting with some great animals.

4) Tree of Life - specifically, walk all around it and photograph the amazing carvings. I see something new every time I look at my current photos!

3) Flame Tree BBQ - Ok, not an "attraction" per se, but I can't leave without having my lunch from there, sitting down on the veranda and listening to the BGM....

2) Kilamanjaro Safari - this is what I'm heading to first thing at Rope Drop. I want to see as many animals as I can before they all decide to nap!

1) Expedition Everest - boy, I'm really predictable with the Number 1's, huh?!! But you can't beat it. If you like coasters, this one's AMAZING!

WDW2008291.jpg

And last but certainly not least, the Magic Kingdom!!...This is a real hard park to come up with just 5 "must-do" attractions. Of course there are more, but here are my picks...

5) It's a Small World - now I'll bet this one IS a surprise!! I just love this little boat ride through the world.....I especially like how the music changes just a bit to fit with the country being featured. The drums for the Polynesian part are awesome and get me tapping along every time.

4) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - the effects in here are great. When you go through Piglet's Floody Place, the honey pot feels like it's floating!!

3) WEDway PeopleMover - ok ok, the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. How "meh." I will always call it by its former name.:snooty: I could ride this over and over and over. I haven't heard the new spiel yet and I loved the old one, but I love the ride enough to overlook it and just enjoy it for what it is.

2) Pirates of the Caribbean - no explanation needed, I think. A classic. Even better with the film references.pirate:

1) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - without a doubt my ALL-TIME favorite ride in all of WDW!!!! It's exceptional at night!

WDW2008063.jpg

WDW2008261.jpg

While I'm here, why don't I toss in a Top 5 for POFQ!....

5) Soak in the hot tub - it's so neat, all tucked away in the gardens...great for the end of the day!

4) Beignets - MUST have Beignets! Yum - O!

3) Boatride to DTD - not sure when I'm going to fit this in but I may come back from a park one night going the long way...bus to DTD, boat to FQ. Oh, and a quick stop at the Lego Store of course!

2) Photograph the different styles of architecture - each building is just a bit different with its own colors, design and flair. Really neat.

1) Early morning coffee walk!!!!!!!!!!! - this is ALWAYS my favorite thing about a resort stay at Disney....At Riverside I was always up at 6am, dressed and out the door by 6:15, and would just walk in the pre-dawn light. GOR.GEOUS. FQ is much smaller, of course, but I can walk right over to and around Riverside if I want! I love my morning coffee walks.....

WDW2008454.jpg

WDW2008461.jpg

A week from right now, I'll be getting ready to head to my Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian....:cloud9: And only 6 more sleeps until I leave!!!!:yay:

If, indeed, I can sleep at all....:rolleyes:

I can't believe it's so soon for you. And I'm so glad and honored you used my top 5 idea. We'll all be thinking of you while you are gone.

And you should be honored--I planned it so that this post is my 6000th post--on your PTR.

You will love staying at POFQ. I had a room way back on the back edge in Building 1. (Really you could not get much farther from the front in that resort) I enjoyed my early morning walks for coffee and beignets. Six more sleeps and you'll be home.

Of course you do.:scared: You do realize that I will now and forever more think of YOU when I pass that scene? *sigh*.....

I love that somewhere on this planet, specifically, Where the Magic Lives, black patent go-go boots, an afro and lemon yellow tights remind someone of me. ::yes::

Ok, I have had this book from the library and when I saw it here, I was all excited to go check it out again before my trip. Our library has an on-line system and you can look anything up and reserve it if you want. Imagine my dismay when I went in and this book did not show up in the system!! Turns out, I had it out from the library in Florida...not here in TX.:sad2: I have discovered that there are actually very few Disney guides of any kind in my library system. That's a total stink-fest.:mad:

Amazon may has some decent used ones for $19.

"Pirates" IS an immersive experience....in so many ways....:love:

Immersive...is THAT what they're calling it these days? LOL

You are my DIS-TWIN-Sister!!:cloud9:

Hey Kat, I think some of The Force is rubbing off on LM.

We interrupt this PTR for an important announcement: we have changed resorts!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!!

Exactly.

Last night I decided to go ahead and make the switch from Pop to Port Orleans French Quarter!

Nice.

Lemme 'splain

Okay, Inigo Montoya, 'splain away.

1) Toy Story Mania - yep, another surprise. But it is, without a doubt, the best attraction in this park (at least for the non-thrill person....). I've done it once. Need to do it LOTS more!

Not sure when, but I read that in May they're adding a few Toy Story 3 characters to the line-up on this ride.

I haven't heard the new spiel yet and I loved the old one, but I love the ride enough to overlook it and just enjoy it for what it is.

WHAT?!!

No, let me be more clear.

WHAT?!!

They changed the spiel?!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know that the last time I rode it (September 2008) would be the last time I could ride it with that spiel. If I had known it would've made a difference. Really.

R.I.P. Mr. Tom Morrow.

:sad1:

I love that somewhere on this planet, specifically, Where the Magic Lives, black patent go-go boots, an afro and lemon yellow tights remind someone of me. ::yes::

Hmm....not sure if that's a good association or not. But it is now and forever more, stuck in my head.

Okay, Inigo Montoya, 'splain away.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

:rotfl2:

....R.I.P. Mr. Tom Morrow.

:sad1:

Sadly, that right there about sums it up. I've heard, "unofficially" of course, that even the CMs don't like it. We need to put the old spiel on our iPods and listen to THAT while riding!!

I am along for the ride, I am enjoying your PTR! I really enjoyed your Top 5 must-do's in each park.

We love Toy Story and Toy Story 2 and all the quotes in your posts are great! lOve LOve tHem!!

I really love Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. It is scrumptious! I took DD to The Perfectly Princess Tea Party in 2008 and in 2009 we went to the Afternoon Tea and it was wonderful. I should make an ADR today!!! for our upcoming trip, I thought about it and then passed it up. What was I thinking?

Can't wait to read about the TR! Have fun! :dance3:

Ok y'all.....speaking of Stupid Pills.....

I just had the revelation today that my Afternoon Tea (nice little relaxing time to pamper myself) is on Mother's Day!!:rolleyes:

A little slow on the uptake, I know, but how COOL is that?!!:wizard: All the more reason to really enjoy that time.

--------------------

ETA: 3 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter