The Running Thread -- 2022

QOTD - What race have you run the most times?

I've run Peachtree Road Race 27 times.
I'm currently in a multi race tie.

I have run the Star Wars Rebel Challenge races at Disneyland 3 times and in something I never, ever, ever thought I would say, I have now run the Dopey Challenge 3 times. The tie will be broken next January which makes me sad because I miss races at Disneyland, but especially Star Wars races.

ATTQOTD: I believe I've tied the Wine and Dine 5k and Princess 10k as my most-run races, with 3 each. For whatever reason, I've always done the W&D 5k when going for the weekend. And I usually do the challenge for Princess, but I did run the 10k the year before my first challenge. I generally try to mix it up though.

ATTQOTD: I’ve only just started repeating races. I’ve always loved to do new to me races, and I have one repeat right now with a local 5k. I will be repeating the Princess 10k next year, but adding the 5k so still a new to me race that weekend 😁

I swear I get rid of a pair every time I get a new pair of running shoes; then this happens.

I scored the last pair of Brooks Ghost 13s in my size on the planet.

View attachment 679052

I just retired my last active pair of Ghost 12s and am currently rotating a pair of 13s with a pair of St Patrick's Day 14s. I've got 2 pairs of 13s in the box and then it'll be on to the 14s full time. I also took a stuffed trash bag of used Ghosts up to the local running store for donation in April. They do pile up quickly.

I swear I get rid of a pair every time I get a new pair of running shoes; then this happens.

I scored the last pair of Brooks Ghost 13s in my size on the planet.

View attachment 679052

Congrats on the find! Do you go through them quickly? I ask because I just discovered a pair of never-worn shoes that I bought about three years ago that had broken down to the point I can't use them for training. They were just stored in my closet, though I am in an extremely dry climate. I suppose it could also have been a fluke with that particular pair. Any tips on storing them to make them last when you're not going to get to them in the rotation for a while??

I bit the bullet and ordered an Epix 2. I was going to wait until the new Marq series was announced but my 945 is staritng to have issues with the PIN connectors. On a side note after ordering the Epix I chatted with Garmin about the issue and they are going to do a warranty replacement so I will also have a brand new 945 to go along with the Epix 2.

I bit the bullet and ordered an Epix 2. I was going to wait until the new Marq series was announced but my 945 is staritng to have issues with the PIN connectors. On a side note after ordering the Epix I chatted with Garmin about the issue and they are going to do a warranty replacement so I will also have a brand new 945 to go along with the Epix 2.
I have an a Epix 2 and I love it.

I am interrupting your running discussion with the newest family member. Dad saw pics and agreed with my name for her, Whisky. We talked about her a few times because I was trying to distract him.
5732C1BD-4B26-44F1-B890-D1091FE88B77.jpeg

D754B9F2-1615-4CE9-87C4-773924CD8289.jpeg
she is not settled in. We got her today so she is a bit nervous. It is very weird having a mobile dog. she is pretty good on the leash but DH and I need to also work those leash skills.

I am interrupting your running discussion with the newest family member. Dad saw pics and agreed with my name for her, Whisky. We talked about her a few times because I was trying to distract him.
View attachment 679244

View attachment 679245
she is not settled in. We got her today so she is a bit nervous. It is very weird having a mobile dog. she is pretty good on the leash but DH and I need to also work those leash skills.

Love her! Congratulations!

In a weird symmetry, we made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Mt Airy, NC to meet a litter of bulldog puppies and make a choice. DW decided she'd been without a best friend for too long since Bella's untimely passing and now is the time. Pics later.

Love to hear more about what you think about it. I'm considering putting it on my Christmas list, although it's still a heck of a pricetag for that, even.

Will Garmin be putting out a new version of the Venu in the next year?

I ran a 10k trail race today as a "C" level race, just to get some experience and break up my training plan cycles. I don't race well in the summer, so I didn't have lofty goals for it. Good thing, because the T+D was seasonal = not fun and so I did OK. The race was on a nice local trail system and well organized. I have a detailed race report on my training log at https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...c-2018-comments-welcome.3725621/post-64108916

Love to hear more about what you think about it. I'm considering putting it on my Christmas list, although it's still a heck of a pricetag for that, even.

I've had my Epix 2 for a few months and I really like it. You don't get the battery life of the previous Forerunners, but I find it lasts me pretty much right on the 6 days using always-on mode. If you change it to gesture mode, you can get more battery out of it.

I'll leave you to decide which features are worth or not worth the price tag. The big difference to the Fenix 7 is of course the full-color screen. I use that for mapping longer runs, and I appreciate that the maps are higher resolution (and full color) than they are on the Fenix 7. The full-color screen is nice for everything else too, but to be honest I don't use my watch as a smartwatch - I mute any and all notifications with the exception of texts.

The one new feature I appreciate the most is the multi-band GPS setting. I'm finding the GPS lock to be faster, the line-tracing to be more accurate, and the instant pace to be much improved over my Forerunner 945. That feature is also in the new Forerunner 955 though, which is also cheaper than the Epix 2.

I've been very happy with it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter