The Running Thread - 2019

How hot is it on FL's west coast? For the first time in my 30 years as a Floridian, a Severe Weather notice was issued... for extreme heat: heat indices of 108-112. Yeah, it's that kind of hot down here. :oops: (It hasn't rained here in 5 days, so every day it gets hotter and hotter. Forecast says maybe a shower today, and a good chance tomorrow. Fingers crossed!)

ATTQOTD - Summer running has been good so far. In week 5 of my training for my first 10K at the end of August, and had to skip a week recently because I apparently doubled my age and had a case of shingles. Back on track for a week and a half now, and have now done two 4-mile runes this week, which is the longest distance I've gone so far. Feeling good so far, though intervals last night had me a sweaty mess. With such light-sleeping kiddos I always go running after 8 p.m. when they're down and the sun is following suit here in Virginia. I love running through my neighborhood at night (even in the colder months!).

ATTQOTD: I'm not currently training for any race in particular. I was sort of in the mode of doing base miles when I can (when it's not raining...omg this spring has been so annoying with the badly timed rain.) I signed up for a half 9/24 and next week is exactly 12 weeks away. So I may get on the badger phone by end of this week to talk that over.

How hot is it on FL's west coast? For the first time in my 30 years as a Floridian, a Severe Weather notice was issued... for extreme heat: heat indices of 108-112. Yeah, it's that kind of hot down here. :oops: (It hasn't rained here in 5 days, so every day it gets hotter and hotter. Forecast says maybe a shower today, and a good chance tomorrow. Fingers crossed!)
Agreed! I haven’t seen it this bad in a long time. We’ve been getting them a few days now.

ATTQOTD: We had very rainy Spring so getting out where when I can. It has finally started to warm up here. I don't mind the summer runs too much as long as I get up early in the morning. Summers are so short in NE that I will take the heat for 10 weeks.

QOTD: It's officially summer now, so I wanted to ask how is everyone enjoying their summer runs so far?

ATTQOTD: Little to no running for me currently, but I have been going out for walks with the puppy twice a day for about a mile each. Shes to young to take on any actual runs yet but shes enjoying the sights and sounds of being outside. I hope to soon take her for a walk then bring her in and I run a little bit. Puppy life is busy! lol

No runs for me! :crutches: :sad::sad::sad::sad:

QOTD: It's officially summer now, so I wanted to ask how is everyone enjoying their summer runs so far?

ATTQOTD: I am remembering how much I hate the heat and humidity. And I don't have it as bad as they do farther south (I live near DC). Summer is such a love/hate thing for me. Love the change-up in my work schedule and the long days and travel and lots of tennis. Hate the heat and humidity and mosquitos.

I need to remember next summer to not go for a mid-July half-marathon. :)

Wow. Not a great end to the day here. Owen, our 9 1/2 year old English Bulldog very unexpectedly passed away this evening. He had had a great day full of mommy time and treats and was in excellent health other than his nagging bulldog allergies. DW heard him thrash around for a second like he was scratching his back and when she went to put him to bed a few minutes later, he was gone. Our best guess is a massive sudden heart attack. Rest In Peace, big guy.

59C5192B-C48A-4013-AD06-C6C5AE585C55.jpeg

Wow. Not a great end to the day here. Owen, our 9 1/2 year old English Bulldog very unexpectedly passed away this evening. He had had a great day full of mommy time and treats and was in excellent health other than his nagging bulldog allergies. DW heard him thrash around for a second like he was scratching his back and when she went to put him to bed a few minutes later, he was gone. Our best guess is a massive sudden heart attack. Rest In Peace, big guy.

View attachment 412101
I'm so, so sorry! I know how hard it is to lose our furry babies! I know he had a great life with such a loving home. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter