The Running Thread - 2019

October Totals:
Total Miles - 155.80 miles
Total Time - 21:44:38
Average Pace - 8.16/mi
Avg HR - 140

Hmmmm, last month, I made a comment about possibly not being ready for my races this month. I was really wrong. Both races I exceeded my expectations tremendously.

this month was a little shorter on mileage, but Pace and HR both dropped as well. HR mainly to the heat/humidity finally breaking!

I have a couple more races lined up for this year, and hope to continue to beat my expectations.

Anyone ever done the NEGA CASA Superhero Run 5K/10K in Lavonia GA? (@Disney at Heart , looking at you!)

Toying with doing it this weekend and trying to determine how hilly it is, and how fast to run it to completely goof up my 'A' race. It's good to have a plan.

Too bad I am not around to help you go too fast before an A race. BTW what is the A race, rocket city? dec?

Might be great running weather for you on Saturday but i am glad to not be running. Of course i am hiking on Friday, sat and sun and expecting the weather to be super frigid, but thankfully dry unlike yesterday.

If there are any Ghost aficionados out there in need of adding to their stash, Omega Sports is running a 1-day sale on the Ghost 11s today. They're $79.93 each, but if you buy two you can get free shipping and apply a website coupon for an additional $20 off (NOV1119). I was able to get two pairs shipped for $150 total. Hard to beat that price for the Ghosts, even if it's last year's model...
I keep watching for the Adrenaline 19s to go on sale! I can get the 20s already and I think they are very similar (unlike the 18's), but I have not seen an end of model sale price yet!

October
34 miles
12:38 average

This total is sadly low, I had planned on 50. I ran very little while on a business trip as hotels did not have treadmills and I did not pack appropriately for running in rain, and when I did it was very slippery. I thought I was going to get the last 6 in this week, but again with the rain and late nights making costumes for Halloween and the kids races on Saturday. On the up side, my resting heart rate is a bit lower than previously, even with a serious sleep deficit. At least I know I will get 13 miles in on Sunday, so November has the chance to be a bit more successful.

October miles = 134.

8 weeks into the Dopey training plan and no runs missed so far. The highlight for me in October was the Hartford Half Marathon which I pretty much ran as a training run but with the great race conditions and being in better shape than I realized, set a new PR by 4 minutes. Note that almost all my training runs on the Dopey plan have been in the 8:45/mile - 9:30/mile range yet somehow I ran the half marathon at a 7:27/mile pace. What was that about running slow to run fast?? Yeah. It is real!! :)

September = 126
August = 150
July = 154
June = 138
May = 150
April = 115
March = 140
February = 122
January = 123

1,352 total miles so far in 2019.

October miles: 53.6 - I had to take a breather after Chicago before I dive into Goofy training soon.

We have total crap weather happening for Halloween here today! It's currently raining now and later it's supposed to turn to a windy, wet snow. Yuck! Fortunately my kids are old enough to take a spin around the neighborhood by themselves if they feel like going out in that mess.

October:
Running: 20 miles
Walking: 28 miles

I haven't ran since Oct 12th- I'm not mentally willing to say it was my last pregnant run, but it might have been... It's been a tough month with pain on the back of my heel, but I'm thankfully finally seeing some improvement. I'm really hopeful that I will log a few running miles (or just minutes!) in November- fingers crossed!

Halloween: I have chicken taco chili in the crock pot and am ready to welcome trick-or-treaters with a bowl full of candy!
It's going to be chilly (but thankfully dry!), so I don't think we'll get a ton, but it's always fun when friends bring their kiddos over.

Too bad I am not around to help you go too fast before an A race.
LOL. You're good at that, we'll see how I do on my own. I'm thinking not as good as when I let you set the pace.

The A race is Rocket City Half, Dec. 14th.

Not putting it in the 'official' format, but I'm thinking sub 50:00 10K. Then I'll need to PM @DopeyBadger to see how to get back on track.

October:
Distance - 191.37mi
Time - 25h27m52s
Pace - 7:59/mi

My longest month ever. Would have been over 200 miles, but I missed a couple runs while on vacation. Next month is peak marathon training for me, so this record will stand for a month.

Our halloween plans are in flux, we are predicted to get strong/severe thunderstorms right during prime trick-or-treating timeframe tonight. :mad:

October 2019

running: 127.8 mi
-ave pace 11:20
-total time 24.15 h

This is my second-highest amount of miles per month ever, and it corresponds to almost reaching my peak in marathon training. Fortunately the runs have been going very well!

tennis: 24 h

This is also a big jump in the amount of tennis - prime time for the fall seasons. Sadly, the losses have for exceeded the wins in tennis matches. A lot of very good competition this time of year, because in about a month or so the new ratings will come out and all the really good players will be moved up to the next level. For now, I am stuck playing them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter