The Running Thread - 2018

Wait, people don't like pancakes! Pancakes are simply the best, that is all! Disney should offer a pre-race night before pancake feast (& Mickey waffles too).

Catching up:

Dogs—I have a leashed dog problem. As in the owners have the dogs leashed but the leash length is too long. As in the owner stands on one side of the path while the dog is on the other side. I have two options—come to a complete halt or attempt to hurdle the lengthy leash. This happens waaaayyy to frequently in my town. Maybe I should mace the owners??

Pancakes—I am in the “like them” camp. Great pre-race fuel!

PR reward—nothing special for a PR but I enjoy a post-race cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera (most races around here offer them post-race).

Can I add a follow on question for today? If you go to a restaurant, where do you celebrate post rD races?

Jiko is always a good post race option

I think today's discussion has completely changed how I view the running thread. I used to see you people as kindred spirits. Now I'm not so sure anymore.

Clearly you missed the cilantro and banana conversation a few months ago. :rotfl2:

ATTQOTD: I consider finishing the race an achievement worth celebrating with a good Disney meal and dessert. Especially dessert. Unfortunately, my problem lies in not knowing what I will actually feel like eating after the race. What ever sounds best to me post race can and does change from race to race.

Last year I celebrated the Kessel Run at Le Cellier. This year I moved that meal to a few days after the race because I felt like my enjoyment of Le Cellier was tempered by the general exhaustion I felt. This year I'm either dining at Le Chefs de France or Mama Melrose after the half. I'm saving Le Cellier and Tiffins for a few days later.

ATTQOTD: Soft Serve Ice Cream is my treat. I'm simple.

And as good Grade B Maple Syrup (not the swill they serve most places) needs every mode of conveyance it can get, pancakes are perfectly acceptable.

Oh man, I didn't want to make anyone cry!

I think we can all agree that you can stay ... as long as you make an effort to attempt to consider possibly attempting to like pancakes. Or waffles.

Wow, who knew that pancakes were so controversial? It's not like we're trying to debate the best cereal or anything like that... (for the record, the best cereal is Fruity Pebbles)

Not for nothin’, but Fruity Pebbles barely qualify as cereal. They are the sad shadow of Froot Loops, the undisputed best cereal.
:snooty:

Not for nothin’, but Fruity Pebbles barely qualify as cereal. They are the sad shadow of Froot Loops, the undisputed best cereal.
:snooty:

Okay, we can't be friends anymore (at least ... not for the next 15 minutes).
Fruit Loops are great, but they're no Fruity Pebbles. When I was in school, we raided the kitchen the day we heard they had Fruity Pebbles. Nobody cared if they had Fruit Loops.

All in favor of kicking @LSUlakes and @Keels off of The Running Thread say "aye".

(For the record, waffles are far superior to pancakes. But pancakes are good too.)

Folks theres more....... I also dislike waffles.

But what are your thoughts on beignets?

Pretty sure if I lived in LA I would sign up for runs just for another reason to pig out on them.

LOVE BEIGNETS!!! Cafe Du Monde FTW!!! It's been forever since I've been in the quarter late enough.... I mean early enough to get some though. Apparently staying out on Bourbon St all hours of the night with children is frowned upon. Just kidding. My party days for the most part are behind me.

I just need some reasoning here. Do you like cake? Do you cook with a pan? I have had my fair share of terrible pancakes but there are those ones that are just perfect fluffiness and deliciousness that make me forget all about terrible cooks and their lack of pancake skills.

So theres a story about why I dont like them. You know how you go through your college years and at some point you take a few to many shots of something and have the worse hangover, vomit, ect ect moment. Then the next time you even see or smell such item all of those memories come up again and you swear it off for life.... Well my pancake story is kinda like that. One morning before school (like 4th grade) my dad made pancakes. I was full and had 3 pieces left. I told my dad I was full and could not eat them. He gave me that look that dads can give (maybe moms but my dad raised us) and said eat them! Soooo I did aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddd I threw them up on the last one. Since then, I could never bring myself to eat them again, as the smell of pancakes makes me want to vomit now. lol Other things that have a similar reaction, goldschlager and jaeger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter