The Running Thread - 2016

Here are my planned races. Definitely plan to beef up the schedule, but this is it for now:

camaker - Tobacco Road Half Marathon - 3/13/16 - <2:30
camaker - Dark Side 10k - 4/16/16 - N/A
camaker - Dark Side Half Marathon - 4/17/16 - <2:15

Great List, getting ideas for fall races.

Here are my registered races:

March
20 - SueInBoston - NYC Half Marathon (N/A)

April
15 - SueInBoston - Star Wars Dark Side 5k (N/A)
16 - SueInBoston - Star Wars Dark Side 10k (N/A)
17 - SueInBoston - Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon (N/A)

May
29 - SueInBoston - Boston Run to Remember Half Marathon (N/A)

QOTD

2018 Dopey, Kona but any full Ironman, Marine Corp Marathon sounds great. One that I saw a video on would really like to do is the Great Wall of China marathon. One of those that you would need to be in really great shape.

Starting to get some miles in this week. Last run was a half on 1/17, and then I got a stomach bug which kept me down and tired for a few days. Felt good on todays run.
1/20 - 2.5 TM Mi @ 8:29 pace
1/21 - 3.25 TM Mi @ 8:34 pace
Hoping to get around 5 miles in tomorrow.

I would like to add I am surprised by the amount of responses so far and how many races you all have planned. I wish you all the best of luck as you start preparing for your upcoming races. For those in the north east, I hope the storm headed your way doesn't cause to much damage. Stay safe and warm.

This is a tough one. My only racing bucket list has been to complete a marathon, any marathon, at some point. Now that I've done that, I'm at a little bit of a loss as to where to go from here.

I'd definitely like to do another marathon or complete the Dopey, but I'm not sure they rise to the level of bucket list items, at this point.

I think I'm suffering from a bit of a hangover from Marathon Weekend right now. It was my first Disney race as well as my first marathon and the rush was phenomenal. Back to reality is a bit of a downer.
The best way to get over that is to sign up for another race. Given that you've signed up for Tobacco Road you could look at some other races. There are the 13.1 races which are neat. There are also a couple races in Wilmington that are nice, the flying pirate half on the outerbanks is a great race in April and anything J and A races puts on in VA Beach is good. Shamrock is their next race I think. If you like bling the massive Medal half gives out a massive medal. The course is boring but the medals neat.

Starting to get some miles in this week. Last run was a half on 1/17, and then I got a stomach bug which kept me down and tired for a few days. Felt good on todays run.
1/20 - 2.5 TM Mi @ 8:29 pace
1/21 - 3.25 TM Mi @ 8:34 pace
Hoping to get around 5 miles in tomorrow.

I would like to add I am surprised by the amount of responses so far and how many races you all have planned. I wish you all the best of luck as you start preparing for your upcoming races. For those in the north east, I hope the storm headed your way doesn't cause to much damage. Stay safe and warm.

Hope you continue to feel better.

Date - Poster - Race & Distance - (Goal / Result)

Great idea, thank you for starting it!

2/28 - Baloo in MI - Portage Winter Blast - 13.1 - Sub 1:50:00/ n/a
4/23 - Baloo in MI - Trail Marathon - 13.1 - Sub 2:00:00/ n/a
5/14 - Baloo in MI - Fifth/Third River Bank Run - 25K - 2:10:00/ n/a
6/11 - Baloo in MI - Kona Run - 10 Miler - just for fun/no time goal
6/25 - Baloo in MI - Thru the Woods - 13.1 - Just for fun/ no time goal
7/23 - Baloo in MI - Grand Island Trail Marathon - 26.2 - Sub 4:30:00 hilly trail race
9/10 - Baloo in MI - Woodstock Ultra - 50 Miler - Just Finish
10/1 - Baloo in MI - Little Traverse Half Marathon - 13.1 - Sub 1:45:00/ POT Effort
10/23 - Baloo in MI - Grand Rapids Marathon - 26.2 - 3:45:00/ PR Effort

QOTD: What race is on your bucket list?

ATTQOTD: Marine Corps Marathon is one I would like to do when the kid/kids are a little older to enjoy all the area has to offer. So its a ways off for the time being.

A bit behind... Not a big race. But I really want to run The Avenue of the Giants Marathon in Northern California. It is marathon in Humboldt Redwoods State Park in one of the more beautiful places on earth.

Lets see if i can remember the dates without looking them up..

2/7- disneyland_emily- daytona half marathon
2/19- disneyland_emily- princess 5k
2/20- disneyland_emily- gasparilla 15k/5k
2/21- disneyland_emily- gasparilla half marathon
3/5-Disneyland_emily- best damn Orlando 10k
3/20- disneyland_emily- excalibur 10 miler
4/15?- Disneyland_emily- star wars 5k
4/17-Disneyland_emily- star wars half marathon

Well for me, so far I have:

5/7 - bellrae - La Genevoise 6km in Geneva (<40mins)
5/8 - bellrae - Geneva Half Marathon 13.1 (sub 2:30)
7/3 - bellrae - Gold Coast (Australia) Half Marathon 13.1 (sub 2:30)

Not planning anything more at this point as I put my name in the ballot today for the NYC Marathon. If I miss out on that one again I will try for Wine & Dine for that weekend and start building other races around it.

Love this thread!

While I have yet to register for any, below is a list of races that are almost a guarantee for me to be running:

derekleigh - Stonyfield 5K - May 14, 2016 - no goal
derekleigh - Tanger Outlet 5K - October 2, 2016 - no goal
derekleigh - Meredith Bay Trick of Trot 5K - October 2016 - 21:30 (or a sub 7:00 mm)
derekleigh - Rock & Roll Half Marathon - Las Vegas - November 13, 2016 - Sub 1:55

These are races I'm probably going to run however don't add them to the list as life happens and it may changes.

Big Lake Half
New England Half
BAA Half

No goals for Disney races because I'm not the pacer of the group and idc how long it takes as long as I finish. I also have a ton of our local run the vineyards races because a. post race wine and b. medals for doing any over 10mi and/or total of 26.2 miles between them all.

Anisum - Disney Princess 5k - 2/19/16 - (NG / N/A)
Anisum - Disney Princess 10k -2/20/16 (NG / N/A)
Anisum - Disney Princess Half - 2/21/16 (Sub 3:30:00 / N/A)
Anisum - Disney Castaway Cay 5k - 2/23/16 (NG / N/A)

Anisum - Run the Vineyards 5miler - 4/24/16 (Sub 1:10:00 / N/A)

Anisum - Run the Vineyards 10miler - 5/1/16 (2:15:00 / N/A)
Anisum - Disney Neverland 5k - 5/6/16 - (NG / N/A)
Anisum - Disney Tinkerbell 10k - 5/7/16 - (NG / N/A)
Anisum - Disney Tinkerbell Half Marathon - 5/8/16 (NG / N/A)
Anisum - Run the Vineyards Wines and Vines 5k - 5/15/16 (Sub 42:00 / N/A)

Anisum - Run the Vineyards Old Country 10k - 6/5/16 (Sub 1:20:00 / N/A)

1/22/16 QOTD: Do you display running items in your house or office? If so, give us a description of your set up.

ATTQOTD: Yes to both. At my office I have a medal hanger with the quote in my signature box. It holds only 9 items and I place all my marathon medals (except Boston 2013) a few half marathon medals and a very unique one from the 10 nautical mile race I did a few years ago. I also won a 2nd place overall trophy for a small 5k I did last year that sits in my office. At home I have a old LSU shower (fabric) curtain that hangs on my shed door. (Real classy lol) I hang all my race bibs and extra medals on it. I usually write my finish time and date on each bib on the back of them.

Just discovering this thread started, so I'll list my upcoming races and then read through the rest of thread to catch up!

Edited to do the right format.
Date - Poster - Race & Distance - (Goal / Result)

2/6/16 - roxymama - Frosty 5k, St. Joseph, MI 5k - (Goal 28:30 / Result)
3/26/16 - roxymama - March4Meg Evergreen Park, IL 5k - (Goal 27:59 / Result)
4/3/16 - roxymama - Shamrock Shuffle, Chicago, IL 8k - (Goal sub 60:00 / Result)
4/30/16 - roxymama - Flying Pig Cincinatti, OH 10k - (Goal / Result)
4/30/16 - roxymama - Flying Pig, Cincinatti, OH 5k (ran right after 10k) - (Goal / Result)
5/1/16 - roxymama - Flying Pig, Cincinatti 3-way challenge OH Half marathon - TBD if I do this. Still deciding.
7/16/16 - roxymama - Rock N' Roll Remix challenge Chicago, IL 5k - (Goal / Result)
7/17/16 - roxymama - Rock N' Roll Remix challenge Chicago, IL 10k - (Goal / Result)
10/30/16 - roxymama - Hot Chocolate Chicago, IL 15k - (Goal / Result)

Other races to be added. I have my eye on some 10 milers as well. Goal this year to add some distance and try some new challenges.

Last edited:
1/22/16 QOTD: Do you display running items in your house or office? If so, give us a description of your set up.

ATTQOTD: Yes, but just one item and it's in my office. I purchased one of those commemorative frames at Disney when I ran my first Marathon there in 2013. It's got my bib and medal in it along with a shot of me running in front of the castle. All my other bibs and medals live in a dresser drawer. I keep thinking I'll get a display rack or something for them but just never have done it.

I love this thread! Here are my races for the year (so far). I have no goals for the runs as I'm relatively new to running. So my goal is to just complete them.

4/24 - dsnyfn1022 - Trolley Run 4mi
9/24 - dsnyfn1022 - Kansas City Zoo Run 4mi
10/15 - dsnyfn1022 - Waddell & Reed KC Half Marathon

Heartland 30K Series (dates not announced, events below)
dsnyfn1022 - Dot to Dot 10k
dsnyfn1022 - Plaza 10k
dsnyfn1022 - Broadway Bridge 10k

I'll probably be adding in a couple 5k races too.

QOTD 1/22/16 - I have two medals and no way to display them...yet. I'll be receiving medals for almost all of the races that I have planned for this year so I'm hoping that by the end of the year I'll have some way to display them! I do have my two bibs and I got the little race time printout after the race which I've taped to the back. I plan to keep those in a book or something. I hate wearing t shirts so I'd like to collect race shirts to eventually make into a quilt or something.

I love this thread! Here are my races for the year (so far). I have no goals for the runs as I'm relatively new to running. So my goal is to just complete them.

4/24 - dsnyfn1022 - Trolley Run 4mi
9/24 - dsnyfn1022 - Kansas City Zoo Run 4mi
10/15 - dsnyfn1022 - Waddell & Reed KC Half Marathon

Heartland 30K Series (dates not announced, events below)
dsnyfn1022 - Dot to Dot 10k
dsnyfn1022 - Plaza 10k
dsnyfn1022 - Broadway Bridge 10k

I'll probably be adding in a couple 5k races too.

QOTD 1/22/16 - I have two medals and no way to display them...yet. I'll be receiving medals for almost all of the races that I have planned for this year so I'm hoping that by the end of the year I'll have some way to display them! I do have my two bibs and I got the little race time printout after the race which I've taped to the back. I plan to keep those in a book or something. I hate wearing t shirts so I'd like to collect race shirts to eventually make into a quilt or something.

Just let me know when you get dates for the 30k series and ill add them in. I recently got a shirt quilt made and its awesome. Its not just running stuff on mine, although its probably the majority.

1/21/16 QOTD:What race is on your bucket list?

My Hot Chocolate 15k in October is my attainable bucket list item for this year.

Probably the Tink or Disneyland half marathon or challenges for my “near future in next few years.”

And I’ll just throw the Disneyworld marathon out there as a “one day if I’m crazy enough”

1/22/16 QOTD:Do you display running items in your house or office? If so, give us a description of your set up.

We have so many medals because it seems every local 5k around Chicago gives medals. And my hubby and I have duplicates for many of the races we ran together. And every one of them is hanging off a doorknob in our office just clanging and being annoying. We thought we may buy a medal rack around Christmas for each other, but neither one of us did. Hubby’s b-day is in Feb so I’m gonna get us a “his and hers” for our basement. I just don’t know from where yet. Any recs for affordable nice medal racks that are easy to hang?

1/21/16 QOTD:What race is on your bucket list?

My Hot Chocolate 15k in October is my attainable bucket list item for this year.

Probably the Tink or Disneyland half marathon or challenges for my “near future in next few years.”

And I’ll just throw the Disneyworld marathon out there as a “one day if I’m crazy enough”

1/22/16 QOTD:Do you display running items in your house or office? If so, give us a description of your set up.

We have so many medals because it seems every local 5k around Chicago gives medals. And my hubby and I have duplicates for many of the races we ran together. And every one of them is hanging off a doorknob in our office just clanging and being annoying. We thought we may buy a medal rack around Christmas for each other, but neither one of us did. Hubby’s b-day is in Feb so I’m gonna get us a “his and hers” for our basement. I just don’t know from where yet. Any recs for affordable nice medal racks that are easy to hang?

Got mine from a site called runningonthewall. I think...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter