The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know - everyone says that's "untouchable" - me, I've never even done it, even as a kid in the 80s. So yeah, I won't be upset if that goes. ;)

Personally, I would think that Birds, Bears, AND Carousel were all untouchable especially in terms of celebrating the 50th. Like, what is Disney/Chapek thinking? Here's to 50 years lets tear down 3 original rides/shows and leave the Stich building sitting empty.

I think this really transcends personal opinions on the matter. I don't ride Carousel anymore, however I would be sad if a new generation didn't get to experience it so though I personally would not miss it I would find it weird for it not to exist.

Same with Tiki and CBJ. Though, Tiki is one I do several times per visit because Walt's love for that stuff is what got me interested in Disney parks in the first place. If it wasn't for the Poly, Trader Sam's, and the Enchanted Tiki Room I never would have went and never would have experience the rest of the magic.

Personally, I would think that Birds, Bears, AND Carousel were all untouchable especially in terms of celebrating the 50th. Like, what is Disney/Chapek thinking? Here's to 50 years lets tear down 3 original rides/shows and leave the Stich building sitting empty.

I think this really transcends personal opinions on the matter. I don't ride Carousel anymore, however I would be sad if a new generation didn't get to experience it so though I personally would not miss it I would find it weird for it not to exist.

Same with Tiki and CBJ. Though, Tiki is one I do several times per visit because Walt's love for that stuff is what got me interested in Disney parks in the first place. If it wasn't for the Poly, Trader Sam's, and the Enchanted Tiki Room I never would have went and never would have experience the rest of the magic.

Nothing transcends personal opinions as they are, personal opinions. What's important to one person isn't important to another.

That said, I am ambivalent if they touch or don't touch CBJ, Tiki Birds or COP. There are other rides I would be upset about.

Things change, new rides will become classics, that's the way it goes - like it or not.

I never thought years and years ago that a park called Animal Kingdom would be built and it's now my favorite park ever!

So the new insider that has stated CBJ and Tiki Birds are goners is now saying one additional ride may also be gone. No further information being given.

I am wondering if this person has access to, or seen a copy of what is going to be announced at D23 or some such??
D23 announcements are always fluid. I wouldn’t be certain that is set in stone just yet. Last time we had people certain Brazil would be announced and then it wasn’t.

Soooo at MK - it won't be the mountains, Pirates, HM, IASW or Peter Pan. Doubtful on Winnie the Pooh. No on the people mover or Dumbo.

The magic carpet ride perhaps?

Buzz?

Magic Carpets is a good thought - or at least something I hope happens - as also sort of in that same area and could be part of an overall "redo" of that plaza.

I don't know - everyone says that's "untouchable" - me, I've never even done it, even as a kid in the 80s. So yeah, I won't be upset if that goes. ;)

We are that weird family where CoP is one of the rides kids most often request

Granted, they also request that I put on Listen to the Land a lot on he car which none of them were alive when it was actually used in EPCOT

Nothing transcends personal opinions as they are, personal opinions. What's important to one person isn't important to another.

That said, I am ambivalent if they touch or don't touch CBJ, Tiki Birds or COP. There are other rides I would be upset about.

Things change, new rides will become classics, that's the way it goes - like it or not.

Im not saying you aren't allowed to have a personal opinion but yours or mine don't matter in the grand scheme of things. You or I not liking something or having never ridden something isn't really an argument for or against a ride being replaced etc.

I dont ride Dumbo. Never will. I will never have kids so I will never have them to take on Dumbo. But that doesn't mean its ok for the ride to be demolished. That's what I mean by transcending personal opinions. Personal opinions are not a gauge on if a ride should stay or go. Honestly, I could care less about Pandora and FoP but I don't see that going away anytime soon. Nor should it.

So just as I would be hurt if they demolished Tiki others would be hurt if Dumbo went and you would be hurt if one your favorites went.

If they do get rid of Tiki I will be moving a brunt of my trips to Disneyland

I try to 'roll with the punches' and accept when old rides close, and new rides take their place. I was sad when the Great Movie ride closed in DHS, and Horizons in Epcot, but I got over it. The Country Bears feels different, almost like this is personal. ;) I've been going to Disney since I was 2yrs old and grew up with those Bears and Birds! I understand the importance of evolving, but animatronics were important to Walt. We don't have a museum in MK, so I guess I sort of see CBJ and TB as museum-like attractions. They're tributes to Walt's legacy. Change is important, but I think it's also important to remember where it all started too. Keep the CBJ, and do something in the empty Stitch building!

I try to 'roll with the punches' and accept when old rides close, and new rides take their place. I was sad when the Great Movie ride closed in DHS, and Horizons in Epcot, but I got over it. The Country Bears feels different, almost like this is personal. ;) I've been going to Disney since I was 2yrs old and grew up with those Bears and Birds! I understand the importance of evolving, but animatronics were important to Walt. We don't have a museum in MK, so I guess I sort of see CBJ and TB as museum-like attractions. They're tributes to Walt's legacy. Change is important, but I think it's also important to remember where it all started too. Keep the CBJ, and do something in the empty Stitch building!

The empty Stitch building is the most infuriating aspect of this rumor. That space should be utilized before they start reskinning others imo

I have no idea how practical it would be - but for a lot of these classic, animatronic attractions, I would love if they could move them somewhere that is almost more like a museum - heck, build something in Marceline, MO or somewhere related to Walt's history

I totally get how things like the Tiki Brids, CoP, Country Bears, might not fit in "modern" theme parks and aren't super popular .... but I really, really don't want to see them just become landfill

Soooo at MK - it won't be the mountains, Pirates, HM, IASW or Peter Pan. Doubtful on Winnie the Pooh. No on the people mover or Dumbo.

The magic carpet ride perhaps?

Buzz?
I’d say if they are following the trend of axing shows it will regrettably be COP

Logistically I could see them getting rid of speedway as they keep shortening it for various expansions

Also stitch is still lying in waste as a temporary meet and greet location

D23 announcements are always fluid. I wouldn’t be certain that is set in stone just yet. Last time we had people certain Brazil would be announced and then it wasn’t.
True, even Martin said it was set and ready to announce and at last minute they stripped it out.

Also, MansionButler @ WDWMagic.com has stated that the rumor on Bears and Birds is solid, not locked or approved. Decision to be made by Halloween - the actual holiday, not the celebration that starts in a few weeks. ;)

I haven’t watched CBJ in years but was pleasantly surprised to go into the Tikis a few months ago to see it had been restored to the original. I would really like them both to stay!

As for the insider who is hinting at all of this (plus one more), who is he? I’ve never seen that poster before to know if he’s legit or not.

I have no idea how practical it would be - but for a lot of these classic, animatronic attractions, I would love if they could move them somewhere that is almost more like a museum - heck, build something in Marceline, MO or somewhere related to Walt's history

I totally get how things like the Tiki Brids, CoP, Country Bears, might not fit in "modern" theme parks and aren't super popular .... but I really, really don't want to see them just become landfill
Quite honestly, I would love a section somewhere in WDW - that has Walt's items from "One Man's dreams" and then some items from Mr. Toad and other rides like 20,000 leagues and such.

Not sure where it would best fit.... but would be fun to see and remember

Quite honestly, I would love a section somewhere in WDW - that has Walt's items from "One Man's dreams" and then some items from Mr. Toad and other rides like 20,000 leagues and such.

Not sure where it would best fit.... but would be fun to see and remember

heck, I would even love something like that at Disney Springs or somewhere not even in a park .... Like at Hershey Park in the store building you can go on a dark ride and learn the history of Milton Hershey and the fdevelopment of the company - no entry fee required

If these rumours end up being true with all these attractions closing, including COP...then they should just turn COP into a museum for closed attractions. Each scene would be a tribute to Walt's legacy....
The way it's going it would fill up quick.

I seem to remember that the closure of TGMR and Ellen's was not announced at D23, but immediately afterwards. And even then, I think they gave something like a 30 day notice. So I'm not sure D23 will reveal these plans.

Yikes! Not COP!!! Great movie ride closing broke my heart. Where are the COP lovers? Just update it. So full of nostalgia & fun for new gen to look back in disbelief. And of course so much of Walt. That's one of the few rumored closings that would break my heart. Obviously they won't ask for my input.

It would not surprise me if any or all these rumors come true with Chapek in charge. The one thing in common with all these are very little if any merchandise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter