The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the pavillion... I really hope they open it and to be honest if they really wanna see Brazilians going completely nuts about it they should include a ride featuring the 3 caballeros, that by then would have been replaced by Coco in Mexico, and the absolutely ICONIC visit to Bahia and the scene featuring Aurora Miranda, Carmen's sister, singing "Os quindins de Iaiá". I get thrilled just to think about it! It would be absolutely perfect as a natural continuation of their trip just like in the movie. It could be an ominimover or system that mocks the Sugarloaf's cable car or the Corcovado train. It would be mindblowing!!! Lol.
This is an amazing idea!!!

Hello dear! I'm from SP. Not into soccer... lol... but yes it is a big deal in here and I enjoy it during World Cups. But that's it. Lol

About the pavillion... I really hope they open it and to be honest if they really wanna see Brazilians going completely nuts about it they should include a ride featuring the 3 caballeros, that by then would have been replaced by Coco in Mexico, and the absolutely ICONIC visit to Bahia and the scene featuring Aurora Miranda, Carmen's sister, singing "Os quindins de Iaiá". I get thrilled just to think about it! It would be absolutely perfect as a natural continuation of their trip just like in the movie. It could be an ominimover or system that mocks the Sugarloaf's cable car or the Corcovado train. It would be mindblowing!!! Lol.

About the timing... it was definitely because of the fires that week and tge whole repercussion... I agree we're living a political hell I just don't understand the "right now" part. Sorry, but this place has been of fire for 5 centuries already. I missed the "paradise" that people swear existed until yesterday. Never seen it. I live in a country that has been registering over 60.000 violent deaths a year for years, so the "right now, we're in hell" is quite nonsense for me. But hey! Each one lives a different reality. A different life. What I see amongst my friends that decided to live in hell starting in January 1st this year is... their lives is still the ****ing same... same job... same parties... same excesses... same drugs... same expensive restaurants and trips... same everything... except for more money and more drugs and more depression. I decided not to get obsessed about a person that doesn't know I exist, started my company in december with 400 bucks and I'm happy and growing. Go figure. #choices
I´m from Sao Paulo too! Also not that much into soccer, but I do have an emotional connection with Corinthians thanks to my grandfather and my dad. But if you ask me the name of the players, I would only know one or two LOL

I thought your idea for the pavilion is really good! A sugarloaf cable car, the Corcovado... all amazing ideas! Also, I would like a restaurant or two that would showcase brazilian´s wonderful cuisine. Sure, everyone loves a brazilian steakhouse, but there´s so much for than that. The nordestina and nortista cuisines are praised all around the world, I´m sure the people that go after adventurous food in Epcot would love that!

About brazilian politics, well... it´s always been hell, yes! We have witnessed bad government over and over. I just miss the days when we all would hate the same politicians lol This polarization is quite damaging and, honestly, it only serves to put people in misery while the powers that be continue to do whatever they want without consequences.
My parents had a small business during the time the "left party" ruled the country. It was hard for them. I am a government (state) worker in the current government - in fact, I work for an area that´s being constantly put down nowadays - public education. It´s hard for me and my peers too. I wish people would stop being so hateful towards each other and just understand that we all want the same thing - what´s best for our country. As a lesbian, a public worker, a human being and a taxpayer, there are a lot of things that make me sad and anxious, and I don´t lose track of them, but I also don´t let sadness and anxiety rule over me.
I prefer to keep living and doing the things I love, like planning my next Disney trip! Which is why we´re in these boards, so I´ll shut up about politics now. :laughing:

I´m from Sao Paulo too! Also not that much into soccer, but I do have an emotional connection with Corinthians thanks to my grandfather and my dad. But if you ask me the name of the players, I would only know one or two LOL

I thought your idea for the pavilion is really good! A sugarloaf cable car, the Corcovado... all amazing ideas! Also, I would like a restaurant or two that would showcase brazilian´s wonderful cuisine. Sure, everyone loves a brazilian steakhouse, but there´s so much for than that. The nordestina and nortista cuisines are praised all around the world, I´m sure the people that go after adventurous food in Epcot would love that!

About brazilian politics, well... it´s always been hell, yes! We have witnessed bad government over and over. I just miss the days when we all would hate the same politicians lol This polarization is quite damaging and, honestly, it only serves to put people in misery while the powers that be continue to do whatever they want without consequences.
My parents had a small business during the time the "left party" ruled the country. It was hard for them. I am a government (state) worker in the current government - in fact, I work for an area that´s being constantly put down nowadays - public education. It´s hard for me and my peers too. I wish people would stop being so hateful towards each other and just understand that we all want the same thing - what´s best for our country. As a lesbian, a public worker, a human being and a taxpayer, there are a lot of things that make me sad and anxious, and I don´t lose track of them, but I also don´t let sadness and anxiety rule over me.
I prefer to keep living and doing the things I love, like planning my next Disney trip! Which is why we´re in these boards, so I´ll shut up about politics now. :laughing:
I totally agree that the food from the northeast must be represented too besides the southern barbecue (amazing of course) and the unanimous food from Minas Gerais. Lol. I can totally see them serving acarajés, moquecas, and northern stuff too, like the incredible food from Pará and other parts of Amazonia. I can also see a place serving the quindins de Iaiá along with other desserts. Feijoada is a must too. This year I was very happy to see that for the Food and Wine Festival the Brazilian stand was selling moqueca and pork belly with black beans. And there are the street foods too... can you imagine a pastel in a Mickey shape? Or a coxinha with Mickey ears? Lol. If we can dream it, then we can do it... yes we can! YES WE CAAAAAN!!! LOL

I wish they could include some form of mixture between architectural styles that doesn't really represent a specific place in Brazil but still represents ALL of Brazil in its spirit/imagery. Maybe a nostalgic Brazil from the first half of the century that never was but will always be in the form of bossa nova, carmen miranda, ary barroso (which must be represented in the ride too due to Saludos Amigos' Aquarela do Brazil, another epic moment), etc. Just the magical stuff like the rest of world showcase. I wish Joe Rohde was specially involved in this because I think he'd nail it. But again, It's the dream scenario. Lol. Like the ride I described... by the way, I think it would be a great way to fix the "problems" from the original movie and put some black baianas instead of all white. Lol. It's quite inappropriate and meaningless nowadays... but hey! It was the 40's! Lol. Crazy stuff going on... ;P

Last edited:

User SWGE on WDWmagic posted a full rundown of Rise of the Resistance. If everything works it should be quite the attraction.

unfortunately feels like a bit "IF" to me, at least until i see it up and running well.

I do like that in addition to being "quite the attraction", at least based on what I have seen so far, it should be something "for the whole family" - maybe not every single person due to some elements, but it isn't like a major thrill ride that would eliminate a good chunk of people

unfortunately feels like a bit "IF" to me, at least until i see it up and running well.

I do like that in addition to being "quite the attraction", at least based on what I have seen so far, it should be something "for the whole family" - maybe not every single person due to some elements, but it isn't like a major thrill ride that would eliminate a good chunk of people
That thrill does have a height requirement though so not really for the whole family.

That thrill does have a height requirement though so not really for the whole family.

true - so not like "Pirates" but still should be more accommodating than like Flight of Passage or the new Guardians ridem - or Forbidden Journey or Hagrids or Spiderman or ... just thinking of other rides that are sort of viewed as "best in Orlando"

I assume they are referring to the festival center? I hope not as just with it being so in the middle of things it would sort of suck to have all this construction, just to have more construction right in the center later
If it’s only a few months between phases like new fantasyland or galexy’s edge it won’t be too horrible more then that and it can get dicey unless it’s a matter of the building will open but maybe elements of it will be delayed

Martin at wdwmagic is saying that Rise of the Resistance could be reskinned for a original trilogy look. Nothing decided yet but being talked about reportedly.

Would it be a permanent switch or one they could swap in and out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter