The Reservation Shuffle - Cafe Orleans Res Question

SensitiveDragon

Earning My Ears
My Disneyland trip lovingly planned out over the course of about a year has suddenly run into snags in the finish line. D’oh!
Due to plan changes from issues fully out of my control (life sure sucks like that sometimes) I will have a large party of 8 total people in the parks on one of the parks days we have planned. (Assuming we can still go on the trip)

Unfortunately I only have a reservation for dinner that day for 6 at Cafe Orleans. Miracle of miracles I was able to get my Ogas res bumped up to 8 people, but I am having no luck with the dinner reservation. The app is saying that 8 is too many people to modify my current reservation, and it looks like there isn’t availability right this second anyhow.

Curious what my best option here is. Can Cafe Orleans even accept parties of 8? Should I set up a dining notification for a full party of 8? If I set up notifications for a party of 2, could I then potentially adjust my current res if something pops up? Am I overthinking this? (Of course the answer to that is likely yes). Is it worth calling the dining line, or maybe just walking up on the day-of with a res for 6 and asking if they can accommodate two more?

Thoughts from other overthinkers appreciated :worship:

My Disneyland trip lovingly planned out over the course of about a year has suddenly run into snags in the finish line. D’oh!
Due to plan changes from issues fully out of my control (life sure sucks like that sometimes) I will have a large party of 8 total people in the parks on one of the parks days we have planned. (Assuming we can still go on the trip)

Unfortunately I only have a reservation for dinner that day for 6 at Cafe Orleans. Miracle of miracles I was able to get my Ogas res bumped up to 8 people, but I am having no luck with the dinner reservation. The app is saying that 8 is too many people to modify my current reservation, and it looks like there isn’t availability right this second anyhow.

Curious what my best option here is. Can Cafe Orleans even accept parties of 8? Should I set up a dining notification for a full party of 8? If I set up notifications for a party of 2, could I then potentially adjust my current res if something pops up? Am I overthinking this? (Of course the answer to that is likely yes). Is it worth calling the dining line, or maybe just walking up on the day-of with a res for 6 and asking if they can accommodate two more?

Thoughts from other overthinkers appreciated :worship:
Would you be able to split your party up into 2 groups of 4? Then you could request tables close to each other when you check in.

Setting an alert is a good idea.

I have a feeling they wouldn't be able to just add 2 people when you check in. I guess it might depend on the time. Is your Cafe Orleans reservation on your first day, or later in the trip? If it's later you could pop by on an earlier day and ask them what your options are.

I hope your trip doesn't fall through! We've had that happen a number of times, it's so disappointing.

Would you be able to split your party up into 2 groups of 4? Then you could request tables close to each other when you check in.

Setting an alert is a good idea.

I have a feeling they wouldn't be able to just add 2 people when you check in. I guess it might depend on the time. Is your Cafe Orleans reservation on your first day, or later in the trip? If it's later you could pop by on an earlier day and ask them what your options are.

I hope your trip doesn't fall through! We've had that happen a number of times, it's so disappointing.
I’m definitely not opposed to trying to get two reservations for 4, but the Disney app won’t let me have two separate reservations for the same time slot. When I was originally booking, I wanted two dinner options booked, and when I tried to make the second booking, it asked which of them I wanted to keep since they were at the same time. I had to adjust the time of the second res for much earlier to keep both.

I suppose I could make my partner get the Disney app and make a res with that account too, it just seemed like a headache to manage not one account but two!

Unfortunately, That’s likely to be the first day in the parks, so no chance to talk to them in person in advance. But good to know that’s probably not a good option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter