• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Proof is in the Booking

We bought BWV resale site unseen. We actually stayed there on rented points for the first time while receiving are closing docs :rotfl2: We have stayed in the Boardwalk area and loved it. From the pictures, we liked BWV. It actually exceeded our expectations. Even the clown pool wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. It was really beautiful lit up at night. Our son is older, teen, and loved the slide and thought the clown was cool. He said it reminded him of Pennywise from IT. I don't see this being a marketing point for Disney though:rotfl2:Can't wait to stay there on points for the first time and to do our first real Food & Wine while staying at our now home resort,which is ultimately why we chose it.

We love BWV and it’s generally our first choice when booking. That being said we would have a hard time adding on there only because of the 2042 date. I’m 39 right now so in 42 I’ll be 61 years old and I’d love to still have points for big family trips etc. but we stay in a lot of 1 bedrooms and have had decent luck with BWV at 7 months, and we don’t mind if we can’t get there.

I have thought about that 2042 expiration for sure. But I’ve decided its not a deal breaker. Twenty plus years is still a long time to enjoy vacations, and I would probably buy the repackaged resort if they chose to resell it in 2042. Or not. A lot can change in 20 years.

We love BWV and it’s generally our first choice when booking. That being said we would have a hard time adding on there only because of the 2042 date. I’m 39 right now so in 42 I’ll be 61 years old and I’d love to still have points for big family trips etc. but we stay in a lot of 1 bedrooms and have had decent luck with BWV at 7 months, and we don’t mind if we can’t get there.

We are in the same boat. We love BCV and DH really likes the BW area but the 2042 expiration date is a non starter for us. Those resorts will expire right as we, god willing, start thinking about taking grand kids. Plus the premium for BCV is tough to swallow.

We are in the same boat. We love BCV and DH really likes the BW area but the 2042 expiration date is a non starter for us. Those resorts will expire right as we, god willing, start thinking about taking grand kids. Plus the premium for BCV is tough to swallow.
I feel the same! I’d really love to own BCV but that premium hurts. I love BCV; DH loves BWV; we’d both be happy at either. But the resorts expire just as we’re hoping to retire and to be taking grandkids. We bought in at RIV for that reason since we got it for ~$148/point since we were already buying CCV FWs. We figure Skyliner gives us easy access to the Boardwalk area too, and we can always try our luck to switch to BCV and BWV at the 7 month mark. DH really loved the video walk-throughs and wanted to own at RIV; hopefully we’ll have our first stay there for a few nights in April!

Who knows, though - maybe the right resale contract will come along and tempt us to pick it up eventually.

I feel the same! I’d really love to own BCV but that premium hurts. I love BCV; DH loves BWV; we’d both be happy at either. But the resorts expire just as we’re hoping to retire and to be taking grandkids. We bought in at RIV for that reason since we got it for ~$148/point since we were already buying CCV FWs. We figure Skyliner gives us easy access to the Boardwalk area too, and we can always try our luck to switch to BCV and BWV at the 7 month mark. DH really loved the video walk-throughs and wanted to own at RIV; hopefully we’ll have our first stay there for a few nights in April!

Who knows, though - maybe the right resale contract will come along and tempt us to pick it up eventually.

We stayed at AofA in early January and fell in love with the Skyliner. We walked through RIV several times and while I wouldn't necessarily say it is my favorite theme it is a lovely resort and checks all the boxes as far as amenities and sleeping configurations we need/want. The S'ils Vous Plait splash area is adorable and I can't wait to get DS2 on it the next time we go.

I finally told DH that even though we will have to finance a portion of it, which isn't ideal, I am already viewing what we pay for accommodations on trips to be.......not a waste exactly but certainly not as beneficial as putting that amount down on points. Frankly, I don't want to go again until we buy in. It just seems like throwing money away to a certain extent.

The only hiccup we had with the Skyliner is DH and I rode it over to BW for dinner at the Flying Fish. Sadly, the Skyliner closed before out late dinner ended so we had to take the bus back. We do not mind the bus like some do but shivering at the bus stop for 30 minutes at 11 PM while trying not to fall asleep did put the convenience of the Skyliner in perspective.

But instant sale sellers also pay for closing costs, annual dues on used 2020 points, commission (8.5%), and estoppel & rofr fees. IMO, that's a lot extra just to get a quick check! YMMV.
Instant sale sellers pay the closing cost? Usually the buyers pays for closing, right?

Instant sale sellers pay the closing cost? Usually the buyers pays for closing, right?
Yes. And annual fees are also often negotiated between buyer and seller. Just posted to make sure people are aware that instant sellers have to pay amounts usually paid for by buyer and won't have opportunity to negotiate fees.

Yes. And annual fees are also often negotiated between buyer and seller. Just posted to make sure people are aware that instant sellers have to pay amounts usually paid for by buyer and won't have opportunity to negotiate fees.
So an instant sale is with the brokers that have a Buy Now reference on the contracts? Or is it all brokers or what?

I just go ahold of my resale Poly points yesterday, and I’ve already booked three trips between now and May. (I had double points to use up this UY.) After dithering about where I really want to own, I’d say it became pretty clear to me when I went to book those trips. Turns out for all the agonizing I did over all of the potential home resorts, and all of their pros and cons, where I really want to stay is BWV. I booked it for 2 of the 3 trips, and the third is booked at my home resort of Poly mainly to please DH who always wants to stay there. The Poly points were always for DH’s benefit, and that made sense for our first contract since DH was the more reluctant buyer between the two of us.

Spreadsheets and financial strategies be damned. The heart wants what the heart wants.

I guess I know where my next purchase will be! :rotfl2:

I understand.

We are BWV owners with our next trip booked as a split SSR / Poly.

I've stayed SSR and I like the walkability to DS and we actually really like the "mod like" direct to outside entry/exit. My husband and 1 daughter have not stayed here yet, so they'd like to.

We all also really want to try Poly. (And some others). The whole point of a split stay was to "mix it up" a bit.

HOWEVER, we are really really struggling with not having at least part of our stay booked at BWV. I mean....really struggling. I almost picked up to phone and added 30 points direct the other day because a larger room (which we don't need) at BWV became available and we would need more points to book it instead of one of the others.

New family rule... we book at least a few nights of every trip at BWV. OR we find a way to take multiple trips per year to get our BWV fix. lol

Did I mention I'm struggling and I understand?

Update: I just snagged a BWV to replace the Poly portion of our stay. Relief. :rotfl: I did waitlist BCV because we decided that is "close enough" to BWV but then also someplace new. So, if it comes through, yay! If not, yay! lol

Also, I scored a CCV studio to replace SSR. We like SSR but I know I can almost always get a room there. Figured I'd be stupid to pass on a CCV studio.

It really is so much easier to "see" your preferences when you're actually making booking decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter