the POLYNESIAN under my Christmas tree!!!

So sorry to hear about your cat. It's amazing how attached you can get to a little creature. My very first cat (as a grown up anyway) was given to me by my husband 3 days after we were married and 3 days before my birthday (a multi purpose gift :D )

She was really our first child. SO much personality. We had her for 12 yrs. Then the night before we left for WDW she literally dissapeared. Our housesitter never found her. That's always been a bit of a cloud over that trip. Your post reminded me of that trip.

Take care and remember, someday there will be another "friend" who needs you just as much.

Jennifer

Steve I am so sorry about your cat. We had a cat that had been ill that my parents put down during our vacation last summer. Now we have a 15 year old cat left who is very healthy, but I cherish every day with her due to her age.
When we were JUST DOWN at MK they didn't show any of that stuff--we left July 16! I have fought buying the monorail for 3 years and I'm glad I didn't see that stuff because I would have weakened. I would like to get the monorail, ball, Contemporary, GF and GCH--no MK rides though.
Do you realize I saw the $60 MK train on Ebay for $25, two listings, and one went for $25 and no one bid on the other one!! And DH didn't want me to bid on them!!!
Robin M.

Aloha Tikiman!

So sorry to read about the loss of your beloved friend.

As fellow POLY lovers, we have always enjoyed your enthusiastic reports.

Wishing some pixiedust upon you!

Sorry about your cat, its difficult to lose a treasured friend. When you and Tara have children they are going to be the luckiest kids. I am wanting the monorail for under our tree but DH thinks that since our children are off to college we should be more economical. I did get a cute little monorail car to hang on the tree. It lites up and says the little spiel when you push a button. I hope it works by the time christmas get s here DS and I keep touching it.

:) Hi Steve, sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my beloved cat last October and still think of him, even though I have two more. As they say “I have a cat-shaped hole in my heart“.
Can you help me with a room request? We are staying at the Poly in Nov., from the 15th to the 23rd and I have booked a lagoon view. I requested a first floor room in Tahiti, but would be ok with a higher one too. Is there any particular room along the lagoon-side in that building that has the best view of Cinderella’s Castle?
Also, does that building have two sinks? and could we put a strapping 6 footer on the daybed?
Thanks for sharing your wonderful web site with us.
best regards,
Suzi, aka astraltravel

Oh Steve I am soo sorry about your cat, Animals bring so much joy and that unconditional love is the best!
I has been a tough year for me too. lost one of my best friends a month ago.one of my friends neice right before christmas and my mother in law is going thru chemo for lung cancer. Sometimes these boards keep you going. All the excitment and anticpation of planning is so much fun, a little escape.
Your site is the best. It has helped me plan for my vacation next year
That is soo cool about he GHC!!!!
Keep your chin up steve, there is always Disney

Hi Tikiman,
So sorry for your loss....we have two cat "kids" as well, Simba and Nala. Simba was found by my niece in a trash can (can you believe some jerk threw him in a trash can??) when he was a newborn. With luck and love, he has now grown into a one BIG cat. He is like my baby, so I cannot imagine how you feel.

Wow, so glad to hear Poly has been added to the monorail set! I know that will make your Christmas bright :)

Take care. When you feel up to it, visit your local humane society and see if any other cats need your love also!

Suzi,

Just about every Tahiti room has a great view of the castle. The only ones I found to be partially blocked were the rooms right next to the main building entrance. These are rooms 1028, 2028, 3028, 1029, 2029, and 3029. Other than those I think you will be very happy. The 2nd and 3rd floors in Tahiti have balconies and the rooms are slightly larger. All Tahiti rooms have double sinks in the bathroom. I think you would be pushing it with a 6 foot person on the day bed. If you want to be close to the TTC end of the longhouse go for the room closest to X038 (“X” is the floor number). If you want to be closer to the pool end go for X015.

Have a great time

Steve

Steve,

I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I've always been a cat lover (my Dad was the biggest cat lover I know - I get it from him), and sometimes it seems that only my cat knows how I truly feel and acts accordingly. I've had him for 2 years - adopted from the local shelter, and he is so wonderful. The one before him was my first "grown up" cat (a gift for my 21st birthday), a Blue-Point Siamese with such a "loving I don't care if the rest of the world thinks I'm in the way" personality, that even cat-haters loved him. He was only 10 when he died - the sadness of being a purebread.
I remember seeing the monorail and Contemp in a Disney catalog - with the Poly it's an awesome idea to put in under the Christmas tree. Years ago I dreamed of having a Disney room in my home ..... you never know.
You're dedication and love for Disney and Tara have helped me so much in the last few months. These boards have become my way of coping with the severe illnesses of those closest to me. Disney is magical to me, and so are you. God Bless.

Steve,

I am sorry to hear about your cat. Looked for you at the Poly on the fourth (was visiting a good friend there). Hope you and Tara have a great vacation next year. As soon as I read your post about the Polynesian addition to the monorail set, I paged Ross! He was pretty excited about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Aw, Steve, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. :( They really do become our children.

Kimkimba,

I am glad the DIS and I can both help you through a tough time. I know the feeling. A few years ago all I cared about was myself and racing JetSkis. Now I have a wife and a home and a whole virtual family (the DIS family). Disney has been a great way for us to get away from the harsh reality of life and remember dreams can come true. Having the DIS and helping others with Polynesian information has helped me through the hard times of the last few years. Some of the best things in my life have happened (getting engaged, getting married and buying a new home) and some of the worst things have happened (my aunt getting cancer, Tara’s dad passing away and loosing Oakley) but I have always been able to come in here and have plenty of understanding people to discuss it with. This is not only a great place to find the best information but it is a community made up of people all over the world who would have never gotten to know each other with out a place like this to come to.

Karen,

It is so good to hear from you. It has been a while. I am so sorry we did not bump into you while we were there. It would have been great to meet you and Ross.

Aloha

Steve

Thanks for the news Steve! O.K., now I know what to tell my MIL what I want for my birthday! If she doesn't come through, I'll just have to ask Santa for the monorail and GCH!

I'm sorry to hear about poor Oakley. I cried for 3 days when we lost the cat I had since I was 6 - she was 18 and was like a best friend. We now have two fur children who are a part of our family. We always tell them that Mom, Dad and their two brothers are going to see a BIG mouse when we leave for WDW! (I know, I know - we're weird!)

I think it is great that you rescued Oakley. I hope you'll adopt again when you're ready. (How about a little "Rayban" or "Maui Jim?")

In the meantime, good luck with the new house. Hope you got one of those record low mortgage rates!

ALOHA!

Poly Pal

So sorry to hear about your cat. :( Last September I came down to make breakfast and found my 10-1/2 year old dog. I was devastated, and still miss him. I have human children too, but that doesn't make our pets any less important to us!

I'm so glad to hear about the additions to the monorail! Our DS's 5th birthday is next week. We bought him the basic set for his birthday when we were at WDW over the 4th of July, but plan to expand it over time. The GCH would be awesome for Christmas!
Is there a picture of it on the Disney site?

Thanks!:)

P.S. I love your website, Tikiman! You've made Poly converts out of us!:cool:

Hi Steve,
Sorry to hear about your cat. I recently obtained a new member of the family (Mookie cat) when my Dad passed away in May . Thanks for your Polynesian website. It helped us decide to take a much needed vacation during a very tough time and to stay at the Polynesian. At least the trip will be something good to remember in 2002.:(

Thanks for all the messages about the lose of our cat. We will always miss him but now we have a new addition. His name is Stitch!!!!

stitch3.jpg

Congratulations on your new addition. I thought that Stich was adorable but then I think that mischieveous children and pets are cute.

Our pets are mischieveous children.;)

I just read this thread for the 1st time (I was on vacation), and I want to tell you how sorry I am about your loss. I don't think it's silly at all to mourn your beloved pet. Your cat was so lucky to find you and share the last 2 years of his life with you, happy and well-loved. I was very touched by your rescue story, and I'm glad you've gotten another kitty to share your love with. That will help your heart heal. I lost one of my precious beagles 2 years ago, and I can still cry thinking of him (he had a heart attack). He, too, was a rescue, and he was especially devoted (I think rescue animals are so grateful that they tend to become even more devoted than usual). I still had 2 more beagles and 2 cats, but I was devastated. In the next 6 months, I rescued one more kitten and 2 more beagles (LOL! God sends us beagles!). They all have definitely helped cheer us all up. Of course, with 4 dogs and 3 cats, our place is a madhouse, but that's the way we like it!

So sorry to hear about your cat.... I assume that is the cat in the picture- very cute. My three cats are my babies, even though we have a human baby now too!

PS- love your website!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter