The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As in when the first resale contract would hit the market? I'm pretty sure Riviera's first resale contract was on sale before the resort even opened. That person definitely took a loss lol.

Big hub hub at the time, but it ended up being a DVC resale broker's husband. (Not the board's sponsor.)

Appreciate the quick response. We need a 1 or 2 bedroom and will only purchase resale. We assume same restrictions as Rivera. Our hope is it’s less required points than Rivera which we do not own. We are blue card resale members. Sounds like it’s possible for a 2024 Christmas 🎅🏻 stay. We are at Wilderness Lodge this year.

Appreciate the quick response. We need a 1 or 2 bedroom and will only purchase resale. We assume same restrictions as Rivera. Our hope is it’s less required points than Rivera which we do not own. We are blue card resale members. Sounds like it’s possible for a 2024 Christmas 🎅🏻 stay. We are at Wilderness Lodge this year.

I would be surprised if the 1/2 bedrooms at Poly tower are less than RIV. I think they will be priced like the VGF charts...

Yes, that makes sense. Not sure what we where thinking. We will need 400 points for sure or 200 points and stay ever other year. Not sure there will be a lot of room availability during food and wine at the 7 month mark. July, August and even September too hot for our family vacation. No desire yet to sale existing contracts. As locals now we thought we would go less but finding we are attending all the festivals and Christmas when our family comes home for the holidays. No parks at Christmas but hotel stays have become a highlight of our time together during the holidays.

I personally feel the same. I think poly2 will be the most expensive WDW charts we have ever seen.
It will be interesting to see.

If it's the same association, I'd expect at least the studios to be the same as lake view. I would also expect that there would be a fair number of current Poly1 owners that may add on. That said, some new owners could be put off by having to compete for 1/2 bedroom units with all the current owners (sort of a reverse as to what happened at VGF).

On the other hand, if it's a different association, and the studios are a good bit more per night, that would perhaps lead more people to just buy a resale Poly1. I also think that a separate association would discourage current Poly1 owners to purchase b/c then point management becomes an issue, among other things. However, it may encourage more new purchasers.

I have no idea what they'll do...

I would be surprised if the 1/2 bedrooms at Poly tower are less than RIV. I think they will be priced like the VGF charts...
New association or not, I think VGF points chart is the floor.

If new association:
  • Poly2 SV Studios will likely be same pts/night as PVB SV, or near-as-makes-no-difference (similar to CCV was to BRV)
  • Poly2 LV Studios will likely be same pts/night as PVB LV, or near-as-makes-no-difference (similar to CCV was to BRV)
  • Poly2 TPV Studios will probably exist and have points proportional to Poly2 LV : Poly2 TPV :: VGF2 LV : VGF2 TPV
    • As PVB SV/LV Studios are slightly more expensive than VGF SV/LV Studios, I'd expect Poly2 TPV Studios to be slightly more expensive than VGF TPV Studios
    • i.e., the points will be very high, highest of any Studio, if only slightly
  • Poly2 1BR and 2BR will likely have the standard ~2x Studios points for 1BR and ~2.7x Studios points for 2BR, like-for-like view
    • This would put SV/LV 1BR/2BR just above VGF SV/LV 1BR/2BR
    • If there are 1BR/2BR TPV, a new high watermark will be set, easily surpassing Aulani Ocean View's
    • As PVB SV/LV Studios are slightly more expensive than VGF SV/LV Studios, I'd expect Poly2 1BR/2BR to be slightly more expensive than VGF 1BR/2BR
  • Poly2 GV will be slightly higher points than Bungalows, similar to CCV GV being slightly higher than CCV Cabins

If same association:
  • All Poly SV Studios will be the same points, even if some are Resort Studios
  • All Poly LV Studios will be the same points, even if some are Resort Studios
  • Poly TPV Studios will probably be a thing, have points proportional to Poly LV : Poly TPV :: VGF LV : VGF TPV
    • Non-zero chance they try to reclassify existing PVB LV (or at least 2nd and 3rd floor rooms) as TPV. Reasoning:
      • The rooms basically have a TPV, and I'd argue the best FW view of any resort (some Bungalows might have better FW views), especially the special fireworks for NYE/ID
      • Poly Resort View cash rooms have the same rack rate as PVB SV rack rates
      • PVB LV rack rates are between Poly Water View and Poly Theme Park View cash room rack rates, but much closer to TPV
  • Poly 1BR and 2BR will likely have the standard ~2x Studios points for 1BR and ~2.7x Studios points for 2BR, like-for-like view
    • If there are 1BR/2BR TPV, a new high watermark will be set, easily surpassing Aulani Ocean View's
    • As PVB SV/LV Studios are slightly more expensive than VGF SV/LV Studios, I'd expect Poly 1BR/2BR to be slightly more expensive than VGF 1BR/2BR
  • Poly2 GV will be slightly higher points than Bungalows, similar to CCV GV being slightly higher than CCV Cabins

I think Poly2 will have the most aggressive of all the charts. It's another reason why I am unlikely to make it my home resort. I think of the three MK monorail parks, it is the least desirable location, being the furthest away from the park. My other recent poly musings:

1. What will the room size be? How will they compare to VGF and BLT? How does that factor into points charts and popularity?
2. Lately when we chat with folks in the lounge or at the booths, they're quick to mention the cabins are coming. They don't offer any information about the fact Poly is coming... Are they worried it would slow VGF2 sales to mention it? Or are they pushing the Poly tower back a little bit?
3. Where will dues be? How will they compare to VGF and BLT?
4. Is the dinner show done forever, or will they find a way to bring it back?

I think Poly2 will have the most aggressive of all the charts. It's another reason why I am unlikely to make it my home resort. I think of the three MK monorail parks, it is the least desirable location, being the furthest away from the park. My other recent poly musings:

1. What will the room size be? How will they compare to VGF and BLT? How does that factor into points charts and popularity?
2. Lately when we chat with folks in the lounge or at the booths, they're quick to mention the cabins are coming. They don't offer any information about the fact Poly is coming... Are they worried it would slow VGF2 sales to mention it? Or are they pushing the Poly tower back a little bit?
3. Where will dues be? How will they compare to VGF and BLT?
4. Is the dinner show done forever, or will they find a way to bring it back?
Personally for me I like the theming of poly over VGF/BLT although I do plan to own BLT resale in the future (location location location) so I'm willing to pay a premium for it. I like that I can walk over to TTC or take the monorail from Epcot to TTC and then relax at poly and then potentially take the monorail to MK afterwards. I hope that the new tower comes with a new restaurant perhaps :X.

New association or not, I think VGF points chart is the floor.

If new association:
  • Poly2 SV Studios will likely be same pts/night as PVB SV, or near-as-makes-no-difference (similar to CCV was to BRV)
  • Poly2 LV Studios will likely be same pts/night as PVB LV, or near-as-makes-no-difference (similar to CCV was to BRV)
  • Poly2 TPV Studios will probably exist and have points proportional to Poly2 LV : Poly2 TPV :: VGF2 LV : VGF2 TPV
    • As PVB SV/LV Studios are slightly more expensive than VGF SV/LV Studios, I'd expect Poly2 TPV Studios to be slightly more expensive than VGF TPV Studios
    • i.e., the points will be very high, highest of any Studio, if only slightly
  • Poly2 1BR and 2BR will likely have the standard ~2x Studios points for 1BR and ~2.7x Studios points for 2BR, like-for-like view
    • As PVB SV/LV Studios are slightly more expensive than VGF SV/LV Studios, I'd expect Poly2 1BR/2BR to be slightly more expensive than VGF 1BR/2BR

If same association:
  • All Poly SV Studios will be the same points, even if some are Resort Studios
  • All Poly LV Studios will be the same points, even if some are Resort Studios
  • Poly TPV Studios will probably be a thing, have points proportional to Poly LV : Poly TPV :: VGF LV : VGF TPV
    • Non-zero chance they try to reclassify existing PVB LV (or at least 2nd and 3rd floor rooms) as TPV. Reasoning:
      • The rooms basically have a TPV, and I'd argue the best FW view of any resort (some Bungalows might have better FW views), especially the special fireworks for NYE/ID
      • Poly Resort View cash rooms have the same rack rate as PVB SV rack rates
      • PVB LV rack rates are between Poly Water View and Poly Theme Park View cash room rack rates, but much closer to TPV
  • Poly 1BR and 2BR will likely have the standard ~2x Studios points for 1BR and ~2.7x Studios points for 2BR, like-for-like view
    • As PVB SV/LV Studios are slightly more expensive than VGF SV/LV Studios, I'd expect Poly 1BR/2BR to be slightly more expensive than VGF 1BR/2BR
So Aulani point charts likely mean a 2 bedroom for a week in October for Food & Wine is well in the 400s maybe even 5s. Our family prefers theming at Poly as well. 2 studios has been cramped especially for our family breakfast before our daily adventure begins. We always thought the Grand Floridian would be the high water mark. Need to win that lottery already for that Golden Oak theming 😉

All of our existing points are at Saratoga. As we reach our golden years succession planning has become a focus. Our thought is the Poly association end date would be in the 70s which is appealing. The main driver is the Poly is the family’s favorite resort.

All of our existing points are at Saratoga. As we reach our golden years succession planning has become a focus. Our thought is the Poly association end date would be in the 70s which is appealing. The main driver is the Poly is the family’s favorite resort.
I have similar thoughts but the point chart may scare me off

2024 May prove to be the best time for opening incentives. Direct sales and resales are slowing. WDW travel has slowed substantially as park attendance is way down. Most economists predict a recession in early 2024.

I hope so. We were in EPCOT yesterday for a rainy Saturday. Slower for sure with rain and between festivals. But not slower for DVC. We had challenges booking festival of the arts 2024 and food and wine 2023 in October. What surprised us was Copper Creek for Christmas at the 7th month mark. We easily snagged a room this year. No luck last year. We snagged Beach Club last year for festival of the arts. But both Beach Club and Boardwalk were booked. We did read the fourth was slow for Disney and Universal but we do not travel around holidays not a fan of the large crowds.

Quick question, did DVD announce or hint at a possible date points would go on sale for Poly Tower? Someone on a DVC FB group said points will go on sale by the end of this year; however, if history serves as a lesson from other resorts, it is typically 5-6 months prior to opening correct? I asked said individual where they got that info from but they wouldn't say. I'm assuming this information is made up but I'll play the fool and ask here anyways lol.

Quick question, did DVD announce or hint at a possible date points would go on sale for Poly Tower? Someone on a DVC FB group said points will go on sale by the end of this year; however, if history serves as a lesson from other resorts, it is typically 5-6 months prior to opening correct? I asked said individual where they got that info from but they wouldn't say. I'm assuming this information is made up but I'll play the fool and ask here anyways lol.
Date doesn't seem to make sense. Guides have been saying Fort Wilderness will be on sale in 2024, but haven't given any date Poly tower.

That timeline could have 6 properties (VGF, RIV, FW, Poly tower, VDH, and Aulani) all in active sales. I recall the guides complaining about 4 when they went overboard in 2009.. I know I wouldn't be sleeping at night if I were responsible for the decision to have that many properties in active sales at once. That 2009 over expansion was a factor in the DVD/DVC leader being fired.

Date doesn't seem to make sense. Guides have been saying Fort Wilderness will be on sale in 2024, but haven't given any date Poly tower.

That timeline could have 6 properties (VGF, RIV, FW, Poly tower, VDH, and Aulani) all in active sales. I recall the guides complaining about 4 when they went overboard in 2009.. I know I wouldn't be sleeping at night if I were responsible for the decision to have that many properties in active sales at once. That 2009 over expansion was a factor in the DVD/DVC leader being fired.
Given everyone on this forum and their dogs buying VGF/Riv in the last month or so with the incentives, is it not likely they’ll be on pace to sell out one or both before winter? Then nothing else at WDW will be in active sales.

Given everyone on this forum and their dogs buying VGF/Riv in the last month or so with the incentives, is it not likely they’ll be on pace to sell out one or both before winter? Then nothing else at WDW will be in active sales.

Its possible VGF will be close..as it only had 2 million to sell…RIV has 6.7 million and is just over 50% so that is still going to be a bit.

facebook twitter