*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

After talking with the concierge when we checked in on Wed, I knew that Friday when we woke up Christmas would have arrived!!

and when I walked into the lobby at 6:30am on Friday morning this was my view!!

Going in the front doors!!!

There was no one else in the lobby that early!!

these hang on the wall behind the front desk...

the whole resort was beautiful!

I FORGOT the fireworks!! After dinner at Citricos on Wed night, after we bailed on MK due to the rain, we were walking back and heard the fireworks going off so we stopped right at the beach area near the Villas and saw this!

Not the best pictures, but the view was FABULOUS! there were lots of folks stopping to watch them and its a great view even though at the boat launch certainly would have been better...

I FORGOT the fireworks!! After dinner at Citricos on Wed night, after we bailed on MK due to the rain, we were walking back and heard the fireworks going off so we stopped right at the beach area near the Villas and saw this!

Not the best pictures, but the view was FABULOUS! there were lots of folks stopping to watch them and its a great view even though at the boat launch certainly would have been better...
View attachment 623018
View attachment 623020

I’m happy you had a great time and you didn’t switch your reservation!!!! There is nothing like the The Grand!! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! If it’s ok, I’m going to add your room views to page one! I am so so so excited, I cannot wait to get back HOME!!!! :goodvibes

I’m happy you had a great time and you didn’t switch your reservation!!!! There is nothing like the The Grand!! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! If it’s ok, I’m going to add your room views to page one! I am so so so excited, I cannot wait to get back HOME!!!! :goodvibes
You're welcome for the pictures and share all you like!

Renovations have started somewhere in the building. Local antique malls, such as Forever Vintage & Surplus, is already selling the mirror, girl on bicycle with Duffy picture, and octagon rug from the 1-bedroom villas. Photos are posted on their Instagram account. The photo with the stacked mirrors shows seven displayed, so, it seems as though one floor might be underway.

How do you find these places that sell this stuff?

Also happy its starting now. We will be at VGF in June next year and will likely be our only stay for the next decade or two so hoping its all nice and shiny when we arrive.

How do you find these places that sell this stuff?

Also happy its starting now. We will be at VGF in June next year and will likely be our only stay for the next decade or two so hoping its all nice and shiny when we arrive.

Honestly, I discovered them because of TikTok videos.

For theme park items and resort furniture, Bless this Mess, Forever Vintage & Surplus, and Lakeland Antique Mall are the primary destinations. Orange Tree Antique Mall has a variety of rare and vintage Disneyana.

and I forgot to mention when we checked in to Citricos for dinner, DH and I were talking about Victoria and Alberts and he was saying how we should eat there one time..and I told him to be prepared to bring a suit and $900..:earseek: and I asked the ladies checking us in when they anticipated V&As opening and she said early 2022!!!!

:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc

DH and I are planning an Oct 22 trip so maybe we can do V&A then??!! How far in advance can I book that???

Thanks for the updates and pictures SpaceMountain77 and mrsap! I'm happy that the renovations are underway. That said, I hope they aren't negatively affecting your trip right now mrsap.

Hey guys! Wanted to show some of the construction from the Villas!

Fountain has been blocked by potted plants since Thanksgiving. This morning it’s finally open, but has not been refilled yet.

View attachment 627100

Tarps are up on the higher floors…

View attachment 627101
View attachment 627102View attachment 627103

Ummmmm - seriously? Room renovations start today? Does DVC not get that early December is THE most popular time for owners to visit? They do this over and over while doing nothing at less popular times.

Ummmmm - seriously? Room renovations start today? Does DVC not get that early December is THE most popular time for owners to visit? They do this over and over while doing nothing at less popular times.
The thing is, VGF is full every day of the year. So no matter when they start renovations, VGF is going to be full.

Still, Christmas season does seem like a strange time to start renovations.

The thing is, VGF is full every day of the year. So no matter when they start renovations, VGF is going to be full.

Still, Christmas season does seem like a strange time to start renovations.

True but the upcoming 2 weeks are the single most loaded for fixed weeks. Add on top a reservation and it leaves far fewer rooms for all other buyers. It books up right at 11 months so it means it's filled with resort owners vs 7 month trade in's DVC could do better in their consideration for owners. That's typically part of the responsibility of the management company.

Super sad - kind of - I just gave up my VGF 1 bedroom for NYE weekend... because the Contemporary Main Tower Lake View just became available for my CM daughter (with an extremely nice CM discount). I love and adore the Grand and had always wanted to stay at the Villas, but we couldn't pass up the deal on the Contemporary. My last stay there occurred when I was about 12 years old (a very long time ago), so... off to the Contemporary board to read up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!