*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

I’m curious, when you are seated in the balcony chairs can you see the theme park, or does the railing block your view?
If spending the extra points for a theme park view, I’d hope to actually see the theme park while seated on my balcony.
Railing is too high when seated to see over. From this room (closer to the pool side), you have to look left to see the Castle. Tron and Space Mountain are more noticeable. bLT and the Contemporary are pretty much straight across the lake.
I wanted the TPV, but sort of wasted the points because we went to Epcot extended hours on Monday and MVMCP on Tuesday and wasn’t in our room for any of the fireworks.
The room seemed a lot bigger than the deluxe studio we stayed in the previous 2 days and DH and I prefer separate queen beds since no king beds in the studio.

Hey folks,

For those who have stayed at the new Resort rooms, would a twin air mattress potentially fit between the TV and bed? It seems like it would fit (considering there is the pull out couch right next to the TV), but would block the walkway -- is that the case here?
A twin air mattress probably would fit but my guess is the walkway would be completely blocked,
The couch is not a pull out. The back of the couch pivots down and becomes a twin bed, so the footprint remains the same in either position ( coich or bed).

Attachments

• CA5327E6-E0C8-4A87-B23C-6FACE67022A5.jpeg
    CA5327E6-E0C8-4A87-B23C-6FACE67022A5.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 9311EDAA-8819-4491-B7F0-BA0D06358869.jpeg
    9311EDAA-8819-4491-B7F0-BA0D06358869.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 5FC05B92-9043-4970-89B5-7D55DB938DE2.jpeg
    5FC05B92-9043-4970-89B5-7D55DB938DE2.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 39
We spent 1 night in a standard view Resort Studio last week and requested and received a turret room. I thought I’d share some pictures since I had questions about this room type before our visit. This is room 9214, 2nd floor.

The extra space was amazing for our family and we had no noise complaints for the night we were there (although we do sleep with white noise on at night.) There was a balcony to the side; floors 2 through 4 have the balcony and the 5th floor does not. There is no turret room on the 1st floor, it’s a CM only area down there. The view from the balcony was not fantastic but well worth the extra space for us (and this is standard view anyway.) I would be thrilled to stay in this room again some day.

View attachment 718761View attachment 718763
View attachment 718768
View attachment 718769
View attachment 718770
View attachment 718771
View attachment 718772
View attachment 718774
Love that extra space, Thanks for the pictures.

I am trying to find a view of the Resort Studio Lagoon View and maybe a map of where those rooms are at, does anyone have that info?

Do the Resort Studios have the H2O products in individual bottles or do they have the “community Bottles”?

One other thing I forgot to mention. This could be viewed as a positive or negative I suppose. Since there is essentially no mousekeeping. The towel and garbage carts are left in the hallways 24/7. So if you need towels or your garbage is full, it's basically self service.

One other thing I forgot to mention. This could be viewed as a positive or negative I suppose. Since there is essentially no mousekeeping. The towel and garbage carts are left in the hallways 24/7. So if you need towels or your garbage is full, it's basically self service.
We always bring trash bags from home and dump our own trash. Thanks for the tip on the towel cart. Usually we just go get a couple extra towels at the pool.

Do the Resort Studios have the H2O products in individual bottles or do they have the “community Bottles”?
I see others saying they have the individual bottles but that was not our experience last week. Maybe they are in the process of installing the large bottles.

This was our shower:
246D4708-D292-4F2A-A97F-EE528542573F.jpeg

And then we had this on the sink counter:

A753B9F9-82E7-4C31-A34C-5DACC92EE74D.jpeg

No body lotion, but I’m assuming if I called and asked for it they would have brought some (it was only 1 night so I didn’t bother.)

I see others saying they have the individual bottles but that was not our experience last week. Maybe they are in the process of installing the large bottles.

This was our shower:
View attachment 719196

View attachment 719197

No body lotion, but I’m assuming if I called and asked for it they would have brought some (it was only 1 night so I didn’t bother.)

That’s so disappointing! We had small bottles in August. Here was our bathroom…

1668619218690.png

4CFD1868-F7D3-4D7F-8B87-A26E10A55466.jpeg

Thanks for sharing.

It’s a shame the noise will be a systemic issue for resort studios for a very long time. I was considering adding on via resale (already have blue card)….now I’m not so sure.
We stayed over Labor Day weekend at the resort studio and I did not notice any bathroom noise. Certainly not more than anywhere else.
I thought the room was better than expected!:-)

This was our shower:
View attachment 719196

View attachment 719197

I will say, we had the small bottles. But. The hardware was installed for the large wall mounted ones.

DVC owners can call and get fresh towels anytime they need them, as well as things like coffee, etc. They no longer charge for that.

Because of the security checks they do daily, they have been taking out trash at the same time.

DVC owners can call and get fresh towels anytime they need them, as well as things like coffee, etc. They no longer charge for that.

Because of the security checks they do daily, they have been taking out trash at the same time.
Yes. You can call for towels. What I am saying is. The carts aren’t being put away at Big Pine Key. They are left 24/7 out in what seems like self service.

Yes. You can call for towels. What I am saying is. The carts aren’t being put away at Big Pine Key. They are left 24/7 out in what seems like self service.
Can confirm same, towel carts were left in the hall and unlocked in Big Pine Key this past week, I asked to swap out towels on day 2 with housekeeper in hall, once I saw she pulled from unlocked carts, I grabbed fresh towels myself

facebook twitter