*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

How many floors are there in Big Pine Key? Thinking of a request for the top floor to help with possible noise although I also want a balcony and I thought some of the top floor didn't have balconies.

5 floors. Not sure where the non balcony rooms are.

Btw, kudos to the k cup pod one cup coffee maker. I think every hotel in the world should have one. I don’t like the mr. coffee type pots anymore, now that a one cupper allows for us to bring the pods we each like (I don’t like his, he doesn’t like mine) it’s just easier. I hope they eventually replace the pots in all the villas with one cup pod coffee makers. Just MHO
And we'd want the Mr. Coffee type, because we like to brew a large pot and enjoy multiple cups! So, let's hope that they transition to the combination coffee makers that can do both - there are multiple brands on the market now, and they're getting less expensive. It's been reported here that the GVs have them, so hopefully they'll appear in the smaller villas too.

Last edited:

Progress on the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian

Gingerbread House Build

Preparations for the house starts well before the Christmas season. However, the build portion takes less than a week. MickeyBlog found out that
the entire build should be complete in a matter of only a few more days.

1667437135119.jpeg

1667437163166.jpeg

Disney Eats Unveils New Foodie Guide to Can’t Miss Gingerbread Displays 2022

Over at Walt Disney World Resort, there are multiple displays to be explored at various resorts. Let’s kick things off with the most famous house of all – the gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Beginning November 9, you can view clouds of cinnamon billowing out of the chimney of this life-sized storybook gingerbread house made from a classic Austrian recipe. This house is adorned with white chocolate, candy canes, edible snowflakes, sugar poinsettias, and 25 – yes, 25 – hidden Mickeys! Along the porches, you’ll find an 85-pound chocolate Santa, nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and snowmen that have all been hand-painted by the Grand Floridian Bakery team.

gfg327852942043.jpg

As the 50th Anniversary celebration at Walt Disney World Resort continues, this year’s displays will feature colors and accents inspired by the signature EARidescent look. You can even get limited edition pins, mugs, holiday ornaments, and treats! Some of the goodies you can purchase from the Gingerbread House include:

• Freshly baked, homemade items, such as Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Chocolate Peppermint Bark
  • House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
  • New items like the Gingerbread Latte Whoopie Pie and Hot Cocoa Bombs
  • Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Caramel Pecan Fudge Bar
  • Gluten-friendly, plant-based, and no sugar added treats
  • Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan favorite treats, including the Chocolate Mickey Ornament, exclusive to the Combo Box
gfg3724897922343.jpg

In addition, several spots across Resorts will feature a new Gingerbread Martini with Absolut Elyx Vodka, Rumchata Cream Liqueur, and gingerbread spice featuring a rim of gingerbread, freshly baked in the Resort Bakery. It’s the perfect blend of sugar, spice, and everything nice! You can find this delicious holiday beverage at Grand Floridian Café, Cítricos, and Enchanted Rose at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Boma: Flavors of Africa and Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Chef Mickey’s and Outer Rim at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and dinner at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.

Last edited:
How many floors are there in Big Pine Key? Thinking of a request for the top floor to help with possible noise although I also want a balcony and I thought some of the top floor didn't have balconies.
5 floors. Not sure where the non balcony rooms are.
Scrutinizing the floor plans filed by DVC & the touring plans room finder search tool, I think there are 6 resort studios that do not have balconies & all are located on the 5th floor.
DAA9DF9E-ED36-44E9-AA41-E6AEBD753384.png
DIS poster @deneenlee83 on page 82 of this thread confirmed that bay window lake view 9517 doesn’t have a balcony. Touring plan’s room finder search tool has notes that 9517 & bay window standard view 9518 don’t have balconies. 5th floor standard view 9520 next door to the bay window villa doesn’t show a balcony on the floor plans. The 5th floor lake view villas on each side of that side’s bay window villa also don’t show balconies on the floor plans, which are 9519 & 9515 per touring plans. Per the DVC floor plans the 5th floor Turret studio doesn’t have a balcony - 9514.
To summarize, my best guess -
Standard view non balconies:
9514 (Turret - red on floor plan)
9518 (bay window - green on floor plan)
9520 (standard size, right of bay)
Lake view non balconies:
9515 (standard size, left of bay)
9517 (bay window - green on floor plan)
9519 (standard size, right of bay)
In time I’m sure we’ll hear from folks who end up in studios w/out balconies & post about it, thus confirming or disproving my predictions.
That said, I’m hoping to not be one of those folks - my one request for my upcoming stay (23 days from now - not that I’m counting) was a villa w/ a full balcony. I’m also hoping to not be stuck in a villa w/ one of the smaller ‘box’ balconies on the 4th & 5th floors.
However, I may spend some time gazing up at the 5th floor trying to figure out whether my non balcony guesses are correct, or maybe I’ll try asking a friendly CM 😂.

Last edited:
Scrutinizing the floor plans filed by DVC & the touring plans room finder search tool, I think there are 6 resort studios that do not have balconies & all are located on the 5th floor.
View attachment 716353
DIS poster @deneenlee83 on page 82 of this thread confirmed that bay window lake view 9517 doesn’t have a balcony. Touring plan’s room finder search tool has notes that 9517 & bay window standard view 9518 don’t have balconies. 5th floor standard view 9520 next door to the bay window villa doesn’t show a balcony on the floor plans. The 5th floor lake view villas on each side of that side’s bay window villa also don’t show balconies on the floor plans, which are 9519 & 9515 per touring plans. Per the DVC floor plans the 5th floor Turret studio doesn’t have a balcony - 9514.
To summarize, my best guess -
Standard view non balconies:
9514 (Turret - red on floor plan)
9518 (bay window - green on floor plan)
9520 (standard size, right of bay)
Lake view non balconies:
9515 (standard size, left of bay)
9517 (bay window - green on floor plan)
9519 (standard size, right of bay)
In time I’m sure we’ll hear from folks who end up in studios w/out balconies & post about it, thus confirming or disproving my predictions.
That said, I’m hoping to not be one of those folks - my one request for my upcoming stay (23 days from now - not that I’m counting) was a villa w/ a full balcony. I’m also hoping to not be stuck in a villa w/ one of the smaller ‘box’ balconies on the 4th & 5th floors.
However, I may spend some time gazing up at the 5th floor trying to figure out whether my non balcony guesses are correct, or maybe I’ll try asking a friendly CM 😂.
Thank you so much. This is awesome.

I saw on another thread someone mentioned the construction on the lobby/rooms in lobby would start next summer. Has anyone else heard this? We are booked for early May and I’d rather stay somewhere else if major construction is going on in the lobby at the time.

I saw on another thread someone mentioned the construction on the lobby/rooms in lobby would start next summer. Has anyone else heard this? We are booked for early May and I’d rather stay somewhere else if major construction is going on in the lobby at the time.
Unfortunately, no one knows for sure. I posted this a couple pages back in response to a similar question…

No one knows for sure. There have been no official announcements to date. However, you can check out this post over on the Club Level Thread from someone who has info from someone that works at GF HERE. Take it for what it’s worth.

facebook twitter