The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

Oh there's an overnight? I wouldn't worry too much then. Carry your own luggage and do the express check-out.
When we overnighted in Honolulu its was the easiest debarkation ever. I haven't decided if I'm going to fly out of Quebec or try to see Montreal. I'm going to WDW in April and then I'll evaluate my budget. WDW can suck money right out of your bank account.

Has anyone been to the La Fabuleuse production in Saguenay? Looking at their website, it appears that their normal schedule is just for dates in July and August, but that they sometimes offer shows just for cruise ship passengers in the Fall. I'm thinking this would be something completely different to do vs. the types of things we will experience at other ports.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Has anyone been to the La Fabuleuse production in Saguenay? Looking at their website, it appears that their normal schedule is just for dates in July and August, but that they sometimes offer shows just for cruise ship passengers in the Fall. I'm thinking this would be something completely different to do vs. the types of things we will experience at other ports.

The mother of one of my best friends was part of La Fabuleuse. I haven't seen it but apparently it is amazing!

What I am not sure about is the fact that it might be all in french. Don't know if there is an english version. But I can look it up.

Has the DCL website added the excursions yet? I'd love to know what they offer... I could help DISers picking the best ones.

Last edited:

Old articles from regional journals from 2009 seem to mention an english adaptation.

The mother of one of my best friends was part of La Fabuleuse. I haven't seen it but apparently it is amazing!

What I am not sure about is the fact that it might be all in french. Don't know if there is an english version. But I can look it up.

Has the DCL website added the excursions yet? I'd love to know what they offer... I could help DISers picking the best ones.

Thanks, I've seen nothing but great reviews of this show. Plus, I feel it will just be something different. We are sailing on NCL and it's a 12 night cruise, so it might be a nice change of pace. NCL has just begun adding shore excursions for our cruise, but they haven't released any for Saguenay yet. Poking around on Cruise Critic, it appears that sometimes they do offer the English speaking version for cruise ship passengers in the Fall.

There really isn't a ton of information from the usual sources about this port. I know the fjord is the main reason to go there, but I'm thinking that we will get to experience that on the sail in and out of La Baie.

Thanks, I've seen nothing but great reviews of this show. Plus, I feel it will just be something different. We are sailing on NCL and it's a 12 night cruise, so it might be a nice change of pace. NCL has just begun adding shore excursions for our cruise, but they haven't released any for Saguenay yet. Poking around on Cruise Critic, it appears that sometimes they do offer the English speaking version for cruise ship passengers in the Fall.

There really isn't a ton of information from the usual sources about this port. I know the fjord is the main reason to go there, but I'm thinking that we will get to experience that on the sail in and out of La Baie.

There are whale watching cruises in the Saguenay Fjords as well that are very popular. Other than that, if they offer hiking excursions, this is something I would recommend. I know people rave about kayaking in the Fjord as well.

One place I would highly recommend, if they offer that excursion (I know some cruise lines do), is the Ghost Town of Val-Jalbert. This town was ghosted by all its inhabitants around 1920 but the buildings are still is pretty good shape. It is absolutely fascinating and it has a beautiful fall. Be sure to try one of their molasse cookies. ;) I was very fond of that place when I lived in the region.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attracti...rd_Saguenay_Lac_Saint_Jean_Region_Quebec.html

There are whale watching cruises in the Saguenay Fjords as well that are very popular. Other than that, if they offer hiking excursions, this is something I would recommend. I know people rave about kayaking in the Fjord as well.

One place I would highly recommend, if they offer that excursion (I know some cruise lines do), is the Ghost Town of Val-Jalbert. This town was ghosted by all its inhabitants around 1920 but the buildings are still is pretty good shape. It is absolutely fascinating and it has a beautiful fall. Be sure to try one of their molasse cookies. ;) I was very fond of that place when I lived in the region.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attracti...rd_Saguenay_Lac_Saint_Jean_Region_Quebec.html

I did read about Val-Jalbert on Princess's website. (I use them a lot for for excursion research, figuring that most cruise lines pretty much go the same places). We have done several ghost town tours in the Western part of the US, and loved them. I may look into that as well. We are also considering hiking in the national park, but I wasn't sure if the best views were from the water or from up above.

Thanks!

Update regarding La Fabuleuse in Saguenay: My friends' mom just confirmed that they are doing a condensed english representation for cruisers during cruise season.

I did read about Val-Jalbert on Princess's website. (I use them a lot for for excursion research, figuring that most cruise lines pretty much go the same places). We have done several ghost town tours in the Western part of the US, and loved them. I may look into that as well. We are also considering hiking in the national park, but I wasn't sure if the best views were from the water or from up above.

Thanks!

The views from up above don't seem too bad... ;)

Luc-Rousseau-SAG-2.jpg

Yeah, I think I can live with that view! :goodvibes And thanks for checking on the La Fabuleuse availability. I'll have to wait and see if NCL offers that. We are in port from 8 AM to 5 PM, so we have time to do more than one thing.

I'm really getting excited about this trip. We made our hotel reservations a few weeks ago in Quebec at the Auberge Place d'Armes. It's a little more expensive than we originally intended, but it looks so charming and the location seems great - right across from Chateau Frontenac. We tend to gravitate towards smaller inns and bed and breakfasts, so I think it will be perfect for us.

Yeah, I think I can live with that view! :goodvibes And thanks for checking on the La Fabuleuse availability. I'll have to wait and see if NCL offers that. We are in port from 8 AM to 5 PM, so we have time to do more than one thing.

I'm really getting excited about this trip. We made our hotel reservations a few weeks ago in Quebec at the Auberge Place d'Armes. It's a little more expensive than we originally intended, but it looks so charming and the location seems great - right across from Chateau Frontenac. We tend to gravitate towards smaller inns and bed and breakfasts, so I think it will be perfect for us.

Oh! FYI... The Auberge Place d'Armes has a restaurant which used to be called Le Pain Béni but is now called Chez Jules. I heard great reviews!

Oh! FYI... The Auberge Place d'Armes has a restaurant which used to be called Le Pain Béni but is now called Chez Jules. I heard great reviews!

Fantastic! I was considering making reservations there for our first night. We don't arrive until mid afternoon, so will probably just spend a few hours walking around the area and look for a quiet dinner somewhere. Our room rate also includes breakfast at Chez Jules. I was just checking out their menus online last night and was hoping it was as good as it looked.

Fantastic! I was considering making reservations there for our first night. We don't arrive until mid afternoon, so will probably just spend a few hours walking around the area and look for a quiet dinner somewhere. Our room rate also includes breakfast at Chez Jules. I was just checking out their menus online last night and was hoping it was as good as it looked.

Food critics seem to dig it.

Disney has updated their port transfer information for Montreal and Quebec City.

From YUL to Port: $70 per person (USD)
From YQB to Port: $40 per person (USD)

I would presume it's the same if you have Disney transfers from the port back to the airport.

Also relevant are the times which have been updated to be slightly vague:
  • Latest arrival time to Québec City will fly into Québec City International Airport on Embarkation Day: 11:45 AM - 2:00 PM
  • Latest arrival time to Québec City will fly into Montreal International Airport on Embarkation Day: 9:00 AM - 11 AM

Disney has updated their port transfer information for Montreal and Quebec City.

I would presume it's the same if you have Disney transfers from the port back to the airport.

• Latest arrival time to Québec City will fly into Québec City International Airport on Embarkation Day: 11:45 AM - 2:00 PM
  • Latest arrival time to Québec City will fly into Montreal International Airport on Embarkation Day: 9:00 AM - 11 AM

I'm wondering what the earliest departure flight times are. I presume there's more leeway with YQB since we arrive the day prior, but they may only be running a limited number of transfer buses to YUL.

Thank you very much for the information!

MY VERDICT:

EDIT: I added the following suggestions with more details and added it on my first post on page 1.

MONTRÉAL

Not as expensive as I expected. If money is no object, it's definitely the less complicated way to do it...

But if you insist on saving a few bucks from Montreal, I would take the STM bus 747 (before 7:30 AM) and then stop at the Gare d’autocars de Montréal where I would take the Orleans Express bus to Québec... because Orleans Express busses departing from YUL airport not only are more expensive but they only start running at 11:00 AM (which is way too late if you are flying in the same day), while the Downtown Montreal busses starts at 6:00 AM.

On the bright side, if you book early up to three months in advance), you can sometimes get a 25$ (CND dollars! That like 20$ USD/pp) tickets each way --take note that you can't make changes on the tickets and they are non-refundable-- but I would leave before 9:00 AM (from La Gare Centrale de Montréal), because you never know if there won't be an accident on the road or something. It's a 2,5 hours ride between Montreal and Quebec after all!

QUÉBEC

If you are travelling from Quebec, I would stick to the cab. The flat rate from Quebec Airport to downtown Quebec is around 35$ CND (about 28$ USD) I don't think it's going to be much more expensive to get to the Port. Make sure you ask for a flat rate (or in french "Tarif fixe"). According to my collegues from Quebec, the traffic can be very heavy during rush hour, so no matter when DCL tells you to arrive, I would add 30-60 minutes more just in case. Better be safe than sorry.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what the earliest departure flight times are. I presume there's more leeway with YQB since we arrive the day prior, but they may only be running a limited number of transfer buses to YUL.
I agree. I would imagine you have to call them though since they haven't listed it on the website yet.

Just got off the phone with DCL.

For YQB earliest flight departure time is noon.

For YUL earliest flight departure time is 2:45pm.

Were these the times if you are using Disney transport?

Yes, those are the flight guidelines if you want to purchase a port to airport transfer through Disney for debarkation on Sept 27th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter